What's new

Question - Hunter Standing Reset?

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
I remember seeing a combo video not too long ago where Pred hit with a B3 and the non-Ex low trap at the exact same time during the combo and it restood the opponent. I thought this was just the unblockable protection at first but it didn't reset the combo counter like is usually does. So this got me thinking, if the B3 string, or any other move if someone can replicate this, has enough hit advantage to go for pressure afterwards this could be a neat little thing to add to the arsenal of swag. Not sure how practical it could be but I imagine it'll be more useful after Predator's inevitable damage nerf if it is practical, as he could go for a throw reset or 50/50 if he has meter.

Now the only problem is I can't find that damn combo video I saw. I remember that it was the very first combo shown and it was definitely in the corner. Other than that... Whoops?

If anyone manages to recreate this or finds the video I'll post it in the OP, otherwise I hope someone can find a use for this.

Edit: This video demonstrates the exact thing I had in mind but isn't the first video I saw. Go to the last setup of the video, 1:15, this is stupidly useful tech that I've not saw anyone use yet.

P.S. I take no credit for the video.

Last edited:

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
I'll mess around with this tonight but I'm not sure if I understand. If you're hitting a string at the same time the trap goes off and they standing, isn't it just like they got hit by the string? What added benefit is there besides damage from the trap? I feel like I'm missing something

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
Video has been added to the OP.

I'll mess around with this tonight but I'm not sure if I understand. If you're hitting a string at the same time the trap goes off and they standing, isn't it just like they got hit by the string? What added benefit is there besides damage from the trap? I feel like I'm missing something
Sorry I completely forgot this thread even existed, a practical use of what I was talking about has been added to the OP though, it's the last combo in the video. It basically gives Hunter a standing reset in the corner.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Yeah I found something like this with Spec Ops Cassie in the corner with her Missile in April or May. It's pretty cool, didn't know other characters could do it.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
what's the one with spec ops?care to elaborate?I'm interested
Juggle ended with low close rocket and on the same frame the opponent touches the ground + gets hit with the missile + gets hit by your d4 they'll be left in a standing position. Pretty neat.

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
Juggle ended with low close rocket and on the same frame the opponent touches the ground + gets hit with the missile + gets hit by your d4 they'll be left in a standing position. Pretty neat.
Is Cassie left at enough + frames to get a 50/50? If so that seems really useful unless you have to do some really impractical combo.