What's new

Standing Fireball vs jax GP

Impose

A Call For Blood
I picked up liu kang and basically he's my main now (finally decided)

I was watching a video from evo last year of xblades vs cd jr.

The standing fireball stopped the GP from hitting.
Was this a glitch or does the standing fireball take you off the ground for a second?

XBlades ?

its not a glitch some fireballs give you a different hitbox, as you can see liu kang is standing on 1 foot as he does this fireball same as kung lao's hat. it makes the gp whiff

Impose

A Call For Blood
So now so cal has 3 Kangs....jeez..
Sorry! lol

I was just playing a couple days ago looking at the entire cast in training mode basically going

Tried, Tried, Haven't tried don't really want to, Tried, Kind of like, Haven't tried

Stopped on liu kang. Was like. Hey yeah sure.
No one plays kang online ever and the only time I saw a kang played was when I watched the full 2 hour evo 2012 video where you played kang. So I had basically no knowledge.

I found back312 and was like *drool*
Found the combos on my own without a youtube vid or anything and it just kinda hit me that I enjoyed kang so much

Impose

A Call For Blood
Its an easy character to pick up, good luck winning online lol
I won more often than I lost

My w/r was like 80 wins and 90 losses

I moved up to like 120 wins and 110 losses with just kang

my main problem, I can't instant air fireball well and my dragon stance cancels are really slow

XBlades

To Achieve, You must Believe
Once you play a veteran online player you will know all the bs you take, and it will seem you can hardly do anything with kang.

Impose

A Call For Blood
Once a play a veteran online player you will know all the bs you take, and it will seem you can hardly do anything with kang.
See my other thread thats in the kang subforum xD

I did find out. I never felt 100% useless but I certainly did find some points of massive frustration

NickDaGreek1983

Oh, my days !
Once you play a veteran online player you will know all the bs you take, and it will seem you can hardly do anything with kang.
You believe online Kang loses some of his potential compared to offline Kang? I've been playing a lot with the guys here at my offline scene and even though I play on PS3 (I am reeeeeeaaally used to the xbox controller and find both the pad AND the l2-r2 triggers feeling somehow strange in my hands) I can safely say that I pull off EVERYTHING with a greater ease. For example, on-line I get the 213 dash b312, dash b312 into f42 bike only 1/3 or 2/5 times at best, while playing with the greek dojo guys offline I can get it consistently. Also, if I block a Scorpion/Smoke/Ermac/Raiden, I can do his (double) dragon stance1 [see what I did there? :p ] into f42 bike kick easier.

XBlades

To Achieve, You must Believe
^^ yeah its really recommended to support your offline scene if you do have one. In that way, the competitive outlook grows! Online is good for match ups and casual play, but offline is the real deal.

xQUANTUMx

Twitter: @xxQUANTUM
I can honestly say online affects kang a lot. I was playing at my local casuals with him and you need reaction and reaction time to play him. His pressure is better offline. Offline I can d1 Aa, online I can only standing 2 AA. He even more free to cross ups online than not. Barring that, he's still a great character and I've been using him a lot more

NickDaGreek1983

Oh, my days !
^^ yeah its really recommended to support your offline scene if you do have one. In that way, the competitive outlook grows! Online is good for match ups and casual play, but offline is the real deal.
I had an easier time playing offline against both Reptile AND Mileena... And I have to say that especially this Reptile player we have here is reeeeeaaaally tough! I almost hate this character... Not only has he safe strings but he also gets in for free!