What's new

Match-Up Discussion - Ermac Standing 4 Grants Ermac another way out of Smoke Bomb

WhiteOut

Noob

Not sure if I'm late to the party or not, but I just found out that when Smoke goes into his F13xxsmoke_bomb, Ermac can (if timed correctly) use his standing 4 and not get affected by the smoke bomb because in his S4 animation he is off the ground.

This standing 4 then of course can be canceled into a teleport and turn into a full combo.

Disclaimer: This isn't entirely useful (as you can jump out before the smoke bomb and get the same result), but I still found it interesting. The video shows different ways you can stun/get out of it. Try it yourself.

Edit: Well maybe it is useful (if you master the timing), looking at the points and videos you all made.

Last edited:

navaroNe

Nobody's afraid of Bruce Wayne
sounds good, I'm interesting in testing it out against a few moves to see if that property sticks like maybe against Mileena's ball roll or against Cyrax/Cyber Sub bomb setups possibly

omooba

fear the moobs
not entirely useless because doing the jump in punch and punishing isn't exactly easy so yeah usefulness depends on if he this is easier to time or harder.

tafka Djinn

One for three off the roof
...here's the most optimal way to punish this with Spectral :)

I guess the good news is I have a counterpick option for Smoke other than brushing up on GM Sub. I've already been practicing Spectral since the b12 Float was found to still work, so HQT/Spectral life it is for me.

Nausea

Soul Ascended
Nice man!! I really appreciate it! I never even thought of hover actually. It definitely pays off if you can time it correctly though. Also, I've seen your CC games and I'm definitely a fan!
Yeah the timing is not that bad to be fair! It's easy to get the Soul Ascension to come out, it's just getting the link of the 1234. 234 is easier but only a measly 39% :p

And thank you man, I appreciate it :D

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)