What's new

Tech - Leatherface Standing 2 Is Your Friend (Non-Butcher Resets)

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
Helloooooo everyone! So today I was sitting in the lab with Killer (as I tend to spend a lot of my time because, idk I guess I have a problem or something) and I was looking at the frame data and something that I somehow completely missed was the fact that S2...is kind of a dumb normal. Lemme break it down for ya. The following is the frame data of S2.
  • Startup-8f
  • Hit Adv-+20
  • Block Adv- +2
As you can see it's a fairly fast normal, is advantageous on block and has the unique honor of being Leatherface's most advantageous normal on hit. This allows Killer/Pretty Lady to have a pretty good reset game involving S2. Granted there is Jump In Punch followed by a delayed mix but S2 allows for more flexibility for you to play around with the frames. So instead of just straight mix you can go for perhaps a grab or a poke B1/F3 (AKA Mix) The power of this thing is not to be ignored at all because if for some reason they don't react to the slow overhead in B1 or are caught not blocking low off of F3, they eat a TON of damage. And worst comes to worst, they will eat a grab which lands you a nice 49% for a bar in Killer. I encourage EVERY Leatherface player (Except for the Butcher exclusive guys out there, sorry that our vortex was shot out of the damn sky week one) to use this tech. It's super simple, nothing too fancy but the payout can be TREMENDOUS. The following is just a little video with three of your options, just so you see how it looks.

Last edited:

Raiderhorn

White Lotus
What kind of chip damage setup can you do with this? I know LF may not have much going for that but could be looked into

Wish I was better with this character. Would play him a lot more, but I have an obnoxious problem where I can't land the bd4 mid combo OR I will land it and then don't do the next input fast enough and they block :/

Kokoko

Somehow
S2 is really good. Somehow I don't use it at all, lol. But there is some annoying thing about S2. You can't hit crouching Cassie when she holds block.

Also, RIP ShArp

Ghosty1981

Dog will hunt!
I really like this option. Good find! Mixing this in with the BS4 cancel option after f2 gives the opponent way to much to think about after getting hit with BS1ex.

This character is looking more and more criminally underrated. Great work, CrazyFingers!