What's new

Question Standard Sinestro Vortex

KingOko

Was it good for you?
Ive been looking through this forum trying to find the legit vortex where the jump in is a cross up and the axe doesnt cross up. Ive seen multiple treads but everything is dated from like 2013 and I just feel like that info isnt up to date, so if someone could please link a video or write down a combo or just point me in the right direction that would be helpful. Thanks.

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
Ive been looking through this forum trying to find the legit vortex where the jump in is a cross up and the axe doesnt cross up. Ive seen multiple treads but everything is dated from like 2013 and I just feel like that info isnt up to date, so if someone could please link a video or write down a combo or just point me in the right direction that would be helpful. Thanks.
The standard vortex setup is to end your combo with D2, B12~shackles. From there you land the JIP 2 and then you jump again and do instant jump 3 or instant air axe as the mixup. Once they get used to this, you can start delaying the air axe or jump 3. Let me know if you have any other questions.

KingOko

Was it good for you?
The standard vortex setup is to end your combo with D2, B12~shackles. From there you land the JIP 2 and then you jump again and do instant jump 3 or instant air axe as the mixup. Once they get used to this, you can start delaying the air axe or jump 3. Let me know if you have any other questions.
Awesome. Just got off work so I can go to the lab and practice. But not all combos start with D2. Are there combo starters like B13 that I can get the vortex from, or am I missing something?

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
Awesome. Just got off work so I can go to the lab and practice. But not all combos start with D2. Are there combo starters like B13 that I can get the vortex from, or am I missing something?
You just plug it into whatever combo you do. For example: B13, B3, jip 3, b12 into the shackles, which leads to the JP 2 vortex setup. You usually use the D2 after you have hit somebody with the vortex to loop back into it.

KingOko

Was it good for you?
You just plug it into whatever combo you do. For example: B13, B3, jip 3, b12 into the shackles, which leads to the JP 2 vortex setup. You usually use the D2 after you have hit somebody with the vortex to loop back into it.
Oh so when I land above said combo, and I go into the vortex I will use D2 as a follow up after the air axe or the crossup j3, or do I or can I go into another string to keep the vortex going?

cR WoundCowboy

WoundCowbae <3
Oh so when I land above said combo, and I go into the vortex I will use D2 as a follow up after the air axe or the crossup j3, or do I or can I go into another string to keep the vortex going?
If the jp 3 or axe hits them then yes, you use the d2 as the follow up.

SkaGoogle

Tailgates & Tan-lines !
I also like to do jump 2 and then cross over jump 1 into lift then back into the back 1 2. I usually delay the jump2lift and the crossover jump 3. But once I got good with the vortex I found myself not using it for damage and I just always go for trait setups, if I have trait then I usually continue the vortex for damage.