What's new

Tech Stance Change Corpse Hop 50/50 after WC and other mix-ups/resets

BaronVonRupert

"Mere child's play."
Hello TYM(first post ^^)! New here, not new to fighters. Check out the video:
Most of the stuff in the video is already covered here, so start at 7:15 to get to the newish stuff if you don't wish to watch the full video. Starts basic but builds upon itself in the end. I'm not the greatest player but i'd like to see if my fellow Grundy players have any input on the content of the video. Viable?

Jeffreys

Grundy think you handsome!
I knew about the overhead low mixups but I did not know about the NJ2 that can ambiguosly cross over, good info. I agree Grundy will probably be mid tier as long as S tier characters (except for KF- probably 5-5) beat him. I also agree with your assessment that Grundy needs to be a set up character to be successful, and have exceptional meter management. Max damage is nice but if your setting your opponent full screen what good is that?

Whenever I get a MB swamp hands I do F22 into WC MB, swamp gas, then F13,11 MB Swamp hands/ or any other high or low mixups into MB swamphands. J2 B1 reset health chain almost takes almost their entire life. It is 3 bars and does nearly 100 percent, add a J2 112 in the beggining and you just won the round, too bad Grundy's Jump attacks suck so that isnt really reliable.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
I just love this tech.
been doing it for awhile.

If you know everyone's fully invincible attacks... then this makes WC much stronger.
Granted.... I only do this setup in the 2nd life bar. Sometimes i'll do the MB WC into grave rot and still hop over there and do it late... just to see a reaction.
It also sets them up for not knowing the real tech.

Good vid.

Just to add... you can also "corpse hop" *greatest name for tech ever* and MB f3/b3 characters with 1 hit wakeups for clutch victories .... and something they wouldn't have expected.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
just like to add my set up after corpse hop :cool:
bf3 MB , grave rot (either version works) dash dash nj3 11 damage trait 51% , does 50% with health trait

I just love this tech.
been doing it for awhile.

If you know everyone's fully invincible attacks... then this makes WC much stronger.
Granted.... I only do this setup in the 2nd life bar. Sometimes i'll do the MB WC into grave rot and still hop over there and do it late... just to see a reaction.
It also sets them up for not knowing the real tech.

Good vid.

Just to add... you can also "corpse hop" *greatest name for tech ever* and MB f3/b3 characters with 1 hit wakeups for clutch victories .... and something they wouldn't have expected.

Ya i been doing this too especially against people with nasty wakeup options and usually use a grave rot.

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Hello TYM(first post ^^)! New here, not new to fighters. Check out the video:
Most of the stuff in the video is already covered here, so start at 7:15 to get to the newish stuff if you don't wish to watch the full video. Starts basic but builds upon itself in the end. I'm not the greatest player but i'd like to see if my fellow Grundy players have any input on the content of the video. Viable?
Do you care if I copy to MKU as well?

Gruff757

The Gruff
I play setup grundy, mainly because I am ass at doing combos, and I thank you greatly for this. great video Under_The_Mayo I think you may have some competition coming up in the world lol

PoweredbyProtein

Eternal student
This is amazing. Since we're posting our uses for it.
Power trait on, 3 bars
WC MB "corpse hop" cross up or no cross up j2 112 MB cleaver 11 MB Swamp hands j2 b1 health trait 99%

And if you only have 2 bars
after the j2 112 do MB swamp hands instead of cleaver into b3 j3 11 health trait for 85%

I like this doing instead of multiple non guaranteed resets because the opponent only has one chance, during the cross-up or no cross up corpse hop, to get out.

Once again, thank you for this tech.

This is amazing. Since we're posting our uses for it.
Power trait on, 3 bars
WC MB "corpse hop" cross up or no cross up j2 112 MB cleaver 11 MB Swamp hands j2 b1 health trait 99%

And if you only have 2 bars
after the j2 112 do MB swamp hands instead of cleaver into b3 j3 11 health trait for 85%

I like this doing instead of multiple non guaranteed resets because the opponent only has one chance, during the cross-up or no cross up corpse hop, to get out.

Once again, thank you for this tech.
Second combo should still do more damage if you simply do b1 trait instead of the b3 j3 portion. First combo would be cool if grundy ever managed to have 3 bars at one time. Pretty rare for me to have above 2.

Nonameformedude

That Yung Big Body
This is all posted tech, but shouts out for the quick video collecting it all. Also using the stance switch to time the cross up more accurately is a really good idea(not to mention its swag as fuck to stance switch in a combo/reset).

PoweredbyProtein

Eternal student
Second combo should still do more damage if you simply do b1 trait instead of the b3 j3 portion. First combo would be cool if grundy ever managed to have 3 bars at one time. Pretty rare for me to have above 2.
I'm surprised it does more, all the last damage opportunities. Same for the meter thing, I'll usually end up doing the 2 bar variant. Grundy never has enough meter when you're fighting someone good.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
stole this set up from admiral agustus??? cant remember his gamer tag
corpse hop dash dash nj (land) either b1 or f13 into reset
ill also post a 60% ending in MB WC , just cause i like these brainstorming sessions :)
ji2 b1 MB grave rot 112 MB dead air , f13 , d2 WCC d2 WC MB < try this out guys its pretty neat

BurdManJR270

Bigg Burd
Nice! I've been working with this lately as well. Posted this video last night, but Gruff757 just let me know this thread exist, so I'll just leave my vid here.

BurdManJR270

Bigg Burd
Here's a different variant of it. It's not as good as yours and the Walking Corpse. Some of it isn't very practical, but just a good option to keep in mind. I show every string that you can do this tech with to my knowledge. You said in the video for people to test it. So I did, lol. :)

BaronVonRupert

"Mere child's play."
Here's a different variant of it. It's not as good as yours and the Walking Corpse. Some of it isn't very practical, but just a good option to keep in mind. I show every string that you can do this tech with to my knowledge. You said in the video for people to test it. So I did, lol. :)

Seems like some pretty good online gimmicks since rolling is kinda hard online. Good stuff nonetheless.

Nonameformedude

That Yung Big Body
Good sir I must come back here to give you even more props for the stance switch after the WC(mb)dash in. This one little button has leveled up my grundy game soo soo much. The dirtiest thing about this little button is it makes your cross up/fake cross up game more consistent while tieing an action to your opponents mind. Doing the stance switch and just neutral jumping keeps grundy hella safe from many wake ups(especially if you can get the golden jump that causes them to wake up on the side they were thrown from, while leaving you looking at their back.), but conditioning an opponent to think "hes going to jump and punish my wake up" with one preemptive button press open up his glorious 50/50 game(though tbh his overhead is disgustingly weak and should really never be used unless you have already hit confirmed or KNOW they will be blocking low and wont react)and grundys own special 50/50 on block(dead air vs trait grab). Switching stance and instead going for the f13xx4(my favorite string), punishes wakeup backdash, and jump, and nets you a pain chain on block or a dead air if you read them jumping out of trait(which can be meter burned into a trait grab). You can even just fake both and continue pressure with 11 strings, or go for a throw for unclashable damage(something grundy really lacks)and placement. This is the beginning of higher level grundy play sir, and I hope to see every grundy doing this in time. Amazing find