What's new

Stagger Pressure and Frame Traps in MK11 Explained

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
There's a good percentage of people who really don't abuse stagger pressure nearly as much as they should be. Even some seemingly great players who are using Kabal aren't abusing single hit staggers with Kabal's B1 mid which is only -3 on block and has a second hit that's an overhead.

Tools like these, especially ones like Kabal's that space you out enough so there can't be retaliation for a quick counter poke, are ridiculously good and should be used to really maximize the time you have on offense.

Hope this helps some people out.

Last edited:

REYTHEGREAT

There's a good percentage of people who really don't abuse stagger pressure nearly as much as they should be. Even some seemingly great players who are using Kabal aren't abusing single hit staggers with Kabal's B1 mid which is only -3 on block and has a second hit that's an overhead.

Tools like these, especially ones like Kabal's that space you out enough so there can't be retaliation for a quick counter poke, are ridiculously good and should be used to really maximize the time you have on offense.

Hope this helps some people out.

amazing video lol. I think you should do these for each character :)

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Some Kabal player I came across yesterday was abusing* the shit out of it and with good reason. I couldn't figure out what to do about it.

* - by "abusing", I don't mean anything negative.
Yea, It's SUPER strong with him. Realistically if you B1 stagger as Kabal from max range, the person blocking would have to commit in a huge way with D4 or something far reaching to call them out. It opens up the option for Kabal to just finish the string for a launch punish, instant air buzzsaw, or just jump at them.

Kabal is honestly just really f**king good tbh lol. The dude has a ton of options all the time.

The fact B1 is a mid is just nuts.

amazing video lol. I think you should do these for each character :)
I might depending on how in depth Ketchup and Mustard go with their breakdowns. Their videos have a ton more visibility and mine are really just for people on TYM and some IRL friends I want to help out.

It's probably more likely that I go over very specific tech with a character or how to counter a certain strategy instead of a complete overview on their playstyle like I'd imagine they'd do.

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
I didn't notice that Kabal's b1 was only -3, I'll test it out a little bit for sure.

Also Jade seems to have some amazing staggers off of her kicks string.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
I didn't notice that Kabal's b1 was only -3, I'll test it out a little bit for sure.

Also Jade seems to have some amazing staggers off of her kicks string.
I realize that it's only the beta atm, but I really wonder how much of Kabal's frame data will change by release.

Get a PS4 if you get the chance. I'll be here. =D
I just threw down on a pc, so it'd feel irresponsible to get a ps4. THe competition is there, but i still got my xbros and my pc. Just miss a lot of dudes that transferred. I am really excited about this game and i think it's evident NRS has focused on a really balanced and rewarding to thoughtful play design. I hope everyone sees the game like i do.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
While, pretty basic for a lot of players (myself included), videos like this are great reminders and refreshers for us. And even better for players who are newer or have never been into the game competitively or just were unaware.

Anyway, great video and you've earned my subscribe. :)

Also...

Don't eat my pants. Gets me every time. looool

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
The ending lol love that. “Would you not eat my pants...Ahhhh!” lol

I need to practice these things in practice once the game hits and tutorial. Nice vid

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
This will be especially useful when the main game comes out. Great video once again!

Unfortunately there’s that block mash glitch in the beta, which makes staggering very very difficult.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
This will be especially useful when the main game comes out. Great video once again!

Unfortunately there’s that block mash glitch in the beta, which makes staggering very very difficult.
Luckily the majority of people only use d2 so more than one poke in a row brakes their brains