What's new

Guide Stage Analysis for Lex

whedgehead

My Lex Takes You to Paradise
INTRODUCTION

Hey guys, for the past couple of days now I've been hitting the lab pretty hard examining Lex in a different way: by way of stage and stage interactions. I have a ton of notes for every stage and for the interactables for those stages with the hopes of being able to find the best stages to pick against MU's, as counterpick, etc. While I will probably have a tl;dr at the end of this that gives my opinion of which stages I feel like are best for Lex, I want to have an open discussion as well because I feel like stage selection is very important in this game and will become much more important as the game ages. I have a lot to post here that applies both more generally to the stage and for Lex specifically, and hopefully when you go through it you can get a good sense of how Lex behaves on select stages. While not all of this involves crazy tech (moreso examination and analysis), I still hope it will help both Lex players and everyone else alike. Also, these are mainly my own opinions and are open to discussion. This is gonna be very wall-of-text-y as well so I apologize in advance.

GENERAL NOTES:
-Interactables will be highlighted in yellow.
-Whether I feel the stage is balanced, slightly favored, or favored by a character archetype will be highlighted in blue.
-Whether I feel that 1p or 2p has an immediate advantage based on starting position will be highlighted in orange.
-When I feel the stage should be picked in pink.
-Final assessment will be noted in green.
-Background Bounces (BGB's) start from an area and are allowed all the way to the end of the object you are bouncing them off of on either side (for instance, from the rightmost arch support on Hall of Justice Plaza to the rightmost edge of the fountain). I tried to note these distances but I may've missed some.
-When I discuss carries from BGB's, I used the simple combo 22 x db2 MB, 22 x BGB, b3, ji3, bf2. While other enders will carry different distances, this gives a rough idea the average distance they will travel.
-The frame trap (FT) I refer to is getting a probe/MB probe up and going for interactable.
-On a lot of corner interactables if they are in the corner you can B3, dash under, interactable for free or close to free damage as it beats out a lot of their options once they are knocked down. These will be marked with an asterisk*.
-Fully charged trait + MB interactable gives 3 ticks of armor.
-I generalized a lot in some instances (as in for example I know Green Arrow grabs Robocop's gun and uses it on Strykers compared to flipping or not every power character throws the Moon the same way on Watchtower), but the main point of this was to examine how Lex behaved and give a brief glimpse into how others did as well for stage knowledge.
-Joker's Asylum and Wayne Manor Nighttime are purely aesthetic and as such are not included.
Stage Analysis
Batcave Crime Lab
Interactables: Grenades, Batcomputer, Missiles, Transition Right Corner
Balanced
No Advantage
Pick: Against any
-Grenades: All archetypes throw, knocked free from heavy stage damage. Good to do Grav Pull ender on top of these, then pick them up and chuck them. 2 usages.
-Batcomputer: All types can BGB. Covers mid screen-ish to close to corner. BGB at right most corner puts them right at the button for the missiles and you in the missiles line of fire. However, them being placed into the corner is great for Lex. Leftmost side places them about midscreen. Unlimited usages.
-Missiles: All press the button to call missiles from the Batmobile that fly at half screen. Not too helpful for Lex's game unless playing a spacing game against rushers. Unlimited usages, normal length recharge.
NOTES: Generally very balanced, Lex likes the BGB but putting a zoner into the missile corner could be a problem.
FINAL ASSESSMENT: BALANCED PICK
Batcave Lagoon
Interactables: Elevator, Breaker, Wires, Exploding Barrels, Transition Left Corner
Balanced
1p Slight Advantage
Pick: If you want to feel flashy/LexFlex on 'em
-Elevator: Power characters have no interaction, gadgets/acros flip off (can bomb). Gadget characters can place infinite bombs here and escape which is not good for Lex. Unlimited usage, no recharge.
-Breaker: All types throw straight down. Not much to say on this one, good on a knockdown at your feet against some characters. Easily punished. 1 usage.
-Wires: If opponent is juggled into these, the electricity keeps them there allowing for follow-ups. Could be useful for Lex for combo extension and potential setups/resets. Ex combos: b2u1, hit wires, ji2, 22 x Grav Pull MB, b3, ji2, Corp Charge (46%% 1 bar); Orbital Strike MB, hit wires, ji3, f2 x Corp Charge (37% 1 bar); etc. Unlimited usages, possible slight recharge?
DEVELOPMENT!: You have enough time to place a mine at their feet once they are caught and they will fall onto the mine at which point you can continue the combo. Very situational.
-Exploding barrels*: All throw (powers high, gadgets roll). Can jump the roll at all ranges. Can duck the toss close to 3/4, 3/4 may be unavoidable, must jump >3/4. Unlimited usages, normal time recharge.
Notes: I want to like this stage, but more often than not the wires just mess up combos if not at the right range or not expecting the opponent to get thrown into them, and the unlimited bombs of the elevator could potentially be frustrating.
FINAL ASSESSMENT: SUBOPTIMAL PICK
Insurgency Command Center
Interactables: Pipe, Monitors, Charge-y Wall, Transition Left Corner
Balanced
No Advantage
Pick: Against Any
-Pipe: All types can use once, either towards or away from corner, distance halfway from pipe to corner or from pipe to monitor. All general use applies, good as a defensive option or to keep corner pressure. Lex can end corner combos with trait backdash > pipe to possibly stuff some forward advancing wakeups or something of the like and keep pressure on. 1 usage.
-Monitors: Powers throw, gadgets bomb with shrapnel :qtl:qtr, acros divekick. May be unavoidable besides backdash at fullscreen, good frame trap (FT) interactable for Lex. Full screen and fast, close opponent can dash under punish. 1 usage.
-Charge-y Wall: All types can charge against wall and charge forward with an attack. Non fully charged version is a High, fully charged is unblockable. Cannot be MB. Doesn't seem to have any good uses for Lex, could theoretically trait up and use it to get in on single projectile zoners or against rushers, but seems impractical. Unlimited usages, normal recharge.​
Notes: Generally a very balanced stage, no BGB makes Lex sad :(
Insurgency Luthor's Lab (AKA HOME TURF)
Interactables: Brain Thing, Lights, Laser, Robot, Transition Left Corner
Balanced
2p Advantage
Pick: Often Against Zoners, Against Any, Often On Counterpick
-Brain Thing: Powers throw, gadgets/acros flip off button creating eye lasers at half screen which they can follow up off of. Throwing stops lasers and escape. Full screen projectile. Regardless of if you or the opponent are in the combo you can use it. Good potential after trait and could even do u3 ender x interactable. 1 usage, unlimited with normal recharge for gadgets till broken.
-Lights: All throw, good speed, not quite fullscreen. Good FT interactable, dash under escapes and punishes. Have to duck/jump depending on range. 1 usage.
-Laser: All use against corner. Absolutely stupid for corner pressure, end corner combos with trait backdash laser for lulz and RQ's galore. Literally has next to 0 recharge time and is extremely fast. May even possibly beat out the robot flip of gadgets/acrobats. They are gonna wish you transition them.
-Robot: Powers throw in a straight line, gadgets/acros flip (can bomb). General use applies (throw out, MB throw).
Notes: I like this stage for Lex, advance zoners into the left corner and have a field day. Midscreen you can pressure with lights and the brain is good as well. Lex's home turf is definitely a stage Luthor can get behind. Unfortunately, no BGB.
FINAL ASSESSMENT: SOLID PICK
FERRIS AIRCRAFT
Interactables: Turbine, Toolbox, Missile, Air Canisters, Missile Launcher
Favor: Zoners
1p Advantage
Pick: Never Ever Against Non-Powers or Zoners, Rarely Against Others, Maybe on Counterpick
-Turbine: Powers throw and stay in corner with opponent fullscreen, gadgets/acros swing and can follow-up. Good defensive, can be dodged if close. Can be used to setup mines and zoning after hit. Unlimited usage and slow recharge.
-Toolbox: Powers throw in straight fullscreen, gadgets/acros slide it fullscreen. General use applies, must duck it close and jump it far. 1 usage.​
-Missile: Powers throw down, gadgets explode :qtl:qtr, acros divekick. Very slow, only really good on knockdown below. 1 usage.​
-Air canisters: all throw in a straight line, BGB if close. Can only be used towards left side. Cant do anything off the BGB. 3 time usage, no cooldown time between tosses.​
-Missile Launcher: Powers throw, gadgets/acros press button to send straight fullscreen missile. Missiles are slow-ish and not fullscreen. Unlimited, slow-ish recovery.​
Notes: Not a very good stage for Lex. No BGB and not the greatest interactables to work with for power chars. Also, if a true zoner takes this it can be an uphill battle as both corners are good defensively (we've all seen what I call fAris aircraft).​
FINAL ASSESSMENT: BAD PICK
========================================

whedgehead

GOTHAM CITY ROOFTOP
Interactables: Bat Signal, AC Unit, Chopper, Water Tower, Transition Right Corner
Balanced
1p Advantage
Pick: Against Any, Possible Good Choice for First 50/50
-Bat Signal*: Powers throw, gadgets/acros flip (can bomb). Fairly fast, full screen, large hitbox. General use applies. 1 time usage.​
-AC unit: Powers throw, gadgets/acros flip (can bomb). Semi-fast, fullscreen, can dash under to avoid and punish. Can starter x Grav Pull MB, b3, interactable for a little setup. 1 time usage.
-Chopper: All BGB. Towards left carries them to AC, towards right carries to corner. THIS IS AWESOME FOR LEX!!! Hard knockdown ender into corner, trait dash, corner shenanigans. Be mindful of water tower. Unlimited usages.
-Water tower: All throw or cause water tower to fall. General use applies. Can dodge up close. 1 time usage.
Notes: Very balanced stage. Right side BGB carrying to corner is great for Lex.​

GOTHAM CITY ALLEY
Interactables: Truck, Garbage, Signs, Hydrant, Right Corner Transition
Favor: Gadgets/Acros, Non-Power Zoners
No Advantage
Pick: Never Against Non-Powers, Not Often Otherwise, Possible on Counterpick
-Truck: Powers spray chemicals, gadgets/acros throw canister. Spray about 3/4 screen length, good MB get-off-me. Canister must be jumped, Lex's slow jump makes it difficult. 1 time usage.
-Garbage: Powers smash in front, gadgets/acros can slide back and forth. Incredibly slow as a projectile, make sure to destroy this even sacrificing damage against gadgets/acros as the slide is very fast and can be hard to deal with. Grav pull ender good to shoot them fullscreen so you can destroy it if necessary. 1 time throw, unlimited slides until destroyed.
-Signs*: Powers smash down big sign, gadgets/acros throw small sign. Big sign covers entirety of 3/4 screen, very fast. Can be dodged close. Good against advancing opponents and as FT. Small sign can be jumped at all ranges. 1 time usage.
-Hydrant: Powers throw straight fullscreen, gadgets/acros use water that covers ~1/2 screen. The throw must be ducked, and is somewhat slow. The water is very fast and stays on the screen for a long time, especially good defensively for non-power zoners. 1 time usage, water unlimited with normal recharge until destroyed.
Notes: Not a good stage for Lex. His slow jump makes the interactables harder to avoid (against non-power types), and lots of favor to non-power zoners. Also get-off-mes for non-powers in corners, and not the greatest interactables for powers in general.
FINAL ASSESSMENT: SUBOPTIMAL/BAD PICK
WATCHTOWER BRIDGE
Interactables: Javelin Burners, Background Computer, Moon, Computer, Flying Bot, Transition Left
Slight Favor: Gadgets
2p Advantage
-Javelin Burners: All press the button causing burners to activate. Good defensive option, can full combo off the burn if timed right. Verfy slow recharge, unlimited. Burn covers from you to <1/2 screen distance, stays out ~3 real secs and will hit for whole time.
-Background Computer: All BGB. Leftmost carries ~1/2 way to corner, rightmost puts you on top of the globe. Unlimited usage.
-Globe: Powers throw, gadgets/acros flip (can bomb). Lex throws to about 3/4 screen range. Fast-ish, very large hitbox. Good after hard knockdown after Corp Charge (Grav will shoot them fullscreen past its effective range).
-Monitors: Powers smash opponent and throw them away, gadgets/acros flip (can bomb). Acts as throw, can be ducked/jumped. Fast, can beat some slower start-up attacks. Cannot be MB'd. An ok get-off-me. Unlimited use.
-Flying Bot: All throw. Generaly use applies. Good FT interactables. Continually respawns, 15 secs from one to next.
Notes: Ok stage for Lex. Good BGB and lots of corner defense, but unlimited right corner bomb and everyone being able to throw the flying bot make it not the greatest.
FINAL ASSESSMENT: "I WANNA THROW A LOT OF CRAP" PICK
WATCHTOWER REACTOR
Interactables: Turbine, Background Computer, Laser, Flying Bot, Transition Right Corner
Favor: Gadgets/Acros, Non-power Zoners
2p Advantage
Pick: Not Often to Never Against Any
-Turbine: Powers throw, gadgets/acros shoot fire for crumple 1/2 screen. Throw decently fast, covers 1/2 screen. Not much to say. 1 usage, unlimited fire with normal recharge until destroyed.
-Background Computer: All BGB. Carries halfway to corner on both sides.
-Laser: Powers throw, gadgets/acros turn laser for full screen extremely fast shot. Can only be used towards the left. Fast projectile, must be jumped. 1 usage, unlimited laser shots with normal recharge until destroyed.​
-Flying Bot: Same applications as Watchtower Bridge.
Notes: Only good thing for Lex is the BGB. Gadgets/acros use all the interactables on this stage the same as or better than Lex does, not good.
FORTRESS OF SOLITUDE LABRATORY
Interactables: Ship, Doomsday, Floaty, Laser Transporter, Transition Right Corner
Slight Favor: Power Chars
2p Advantage
Pick: Often Against Any
-Ship: Powers swing for BGB, gadgets/acros flip (can bomb). Slow-ish start-up and can easily be jumped over for full punish. Good with MB, however, or against advancing opponents. Some tricky setups with a confirmed 22d1 (xx interactable) or other strings as it OTG's, however opponent has options. Leads into range of second BGB for even more combo extension. 1 usage.​
-Doomsday: All BGB. Player 1's starting position is past BGB, however 2p's start allows 2p to confirm into BGB immediately. Rightmost carries halfway to corner, leftmost into corner. Unlimited usage.​
-Floaty: All throw. Good FT interactable, and a lot of shenanigans at the start of a round with this thing. Fairly fast, but only covers 3/4 screen. Can dash under for punish. Animation involves a little mid-air spin which can be an interesting way to avoid some things. 1 usage.​
-Laser Transporter: All can use as combo extender from a juggle. Must have at least three hits before use (tested with raw d2, b2u1, and 112). Be mindful of spacing as B3 will transition on this side of the stage, and if you get that the damage will be HIGHLY SCALED! Ex combos: 22d1, interact, b3, ji3, f2 x Corp Charge (27% meterless); 22 x Grav Pull MB, 22d1, interact, b3, ji3, Corp Charge (35% 1 bar); 22d1, 11, 11, interact, ji2, u3 x Grav Pull (27% corner meterless); f3, ji2, 11, 11, interact, ji2, u3 x Grav Pull (30% corner meterless). Only really good for meterless combos as damage scales heavily, but this is what Lex likes. Unlimited, faster recharge.​
Notes: Very good stage for Lex. A lot of meterless combo extension opportunities, and generally very balanced of a stage. Not too many throwables and I like chuckin' crap, but great for Lex's meterless damage.​
FINAL ASSESSMENT: OPTIMAL PICK

FORTRESS OF SOLITUDE MENAGERIE
Interactables: Captured Bug, Starfish Orb, Boomtube, Transition Left Corner
Balanced
2p Advantage
Pick: Rarely Against Any
-Bug: Powers throw straight down, gadgets bomb :qtl:qtr, acros divekick. Pretty slow and easy to avoid. Dash under punishes. Really just used if hard knockdown below, and not against everyone. 1 usage.​
-Starfish Orb: Powers throw, gadgets/acros flip (can bomb). Goes almost fullscreen, fairly fast. General use applies. 1 usage.
-Boomtube: All go through one in back and out the one in the corner with a kick. Seems to be a pure evade if timed correctly. No MB option. Can use it almost as a mid-combo offensive parry or off a block string, evading their attack and following up with a punish. Good if in corner as well. Mid atk. Unlimited usage, fast recovery.​
Notes: Not too much to say on this one, pretty balanced. Boomtube has some interesting applications in theory, not sure how practical in a real match.​

whedgehead

THEMYSCIRA TEMPLE
Interactables: Fire Pot, Lion Heads, Athena Statue, Tree, Transition Left Corner
Slight Favor: Power Chars
Pick: Frequently Against Gadgets/Acros, Often Against Powers, On Counterpick
-Fire Pit: Powers throw straight, gadgets/acros flip out and throw unblockable fire. Extremely fast, large hitbox. Great MB'd. 1 usage, unlimited for g/a's until thrown.
-Lion Heads: Powers throw 3/4 screen, gadget/acros can pull chain for fire. These are great for Lex I find since they are centreally located and it's easy to FT or get a knockdown into toss. Interesting to note if they pull the chain and you are jumping at it already you can throw the head and they will be stuck in the animation. 1 usage, unlimited chain pulls till thrown.
-Athena Statue: All BGB. Both ends carry halfway to corner and put you in perfect position to chuck the lions. Good combo extender if you hit a neutral jump 3 at very beginning of match for good damage into lion head.
-Tree*: Powers smash in front of them covering full screen, gadgets/acros grab and smash at tree. Great after a knockdown. Can dodge up close. 1 usage, unlimited grabs for g/a's until uprooted.
Notes: Honestly my favorite stage in look and for Lex. Central BGB is great as are the Lion Heads, and both corners have fast, strong throwables. Only qualm is some zoners can be hard to get in on if they camp the chain, this is why I destroy as fast as possible against Deathstroke, Harley, Joker, etc.
THEMYSCIRA PORT
Interactables: Cannon, Barrel Net, Barrels, Transition Right Corner
Favor: Gadgets/Acros, Non-power Rushdown
1p Advantage
Pick: Never Against Any
-Cannon*: Powers throw 1/2 screen, gadgets/acros use fullscreen cannon shot. Very slow and only covers halfscreen. 1 usage.
-Barrel Net: Powers throw down, gadgets/acros flip off or can pull the rope to drop. Very slow, only really good off a knockdown. 1 usage, unlimited flips till destroyed.
-Barrels: Powers throw almost fullscreen, gadget/acros roll fullscren. Decently fast, no cooldown so you can keep chuckin'. 5 usages.
Notes: Not that great. All interactables are slow and better if you are a non-power char, and characters like Batman/Catwoman can use the net to fleip to get in on you pretty easy.
STRYKER'S ISLAND CELL BLOCK
Interactables: Robocop, Turret, Mid Robot, Container, Transition Right Corner
Favor: Non-Power Zoners, Gadgets/Acros
2p Advantage
Pick: If feeling ballsy, Never Against Non-Powers
-Robocop: Powers throw almost full screen, gadgets/acros flip (can bomb). Pretty fast with large-ish hitbox. 1 usage, or flip till destroyed.
-Turret: Powers throw 3/4 screen, gadgets/acros shoot gun. This is why this stage is hell for Lex. If a non-power zoner gets into this corner good luck. Hell, if Cyborg gets into this corner it's just as tough. Anyway, ok speed projectile, good in FT's. 1 usage, unlimited g/a shots till destroyed with semi-fast recovery.​
-Mid Bot: Powers throw straight in front covering ~1/2 screen, gadgets/acros flip (can bomb). Decent speed, good after knockdowns near it. 1 usage, unlimited flips till destroyed.​
-Containers*: Powers smash straight in front covering all of half screen distance, gadgets/acros flip (can bomb). Fairly slow. If gadgets bomb this they can freeze you for a follow-up. 1 usage, unlimited flips till thrown. (Unlimited bombs?)​
Notes: All the flippies in & the corner from hell make this stage a nightmare for Lex. Power v Power on this stage is ok balance, but if they have zoning options the corners can still be tough as they are very defensive. Not a stage I'd choose for Big L.​
FINAL ASSESSMENT: EXTREMELY BAD PICK
STRYKER'S ISLAND YARD
Interactables: Weights, Gorilla Grodd, Fuel Barrels, Corner Thing-y, Transition Right Side
Favor: Power Chars
2p Advantage
-Weight*: Powers smash in front for entire space almost fullscreen, gadgets/acros flip (can bomb). Decent speed, has great range. Good MB'd as a get-off-me or against advancers. Gadgets can bomb unlimited times. 1 usage, unlimited bombs/flips till thrown.
-Gorilla Grodd: All BGB. Left carries halfway to corner, right carries halfway but in fuel barrel space.
-Fuel Barrels: All throw fullscreen. Powers throw from a higher position and are faster but are easier to dodge. Good after a knockdown or from fullscreen. Pretty fast throw speed. 3 usages, no cooldown.
-Corner Thing-y: Powers smash in front covering almost fullscreen, gadgets/acros flip (can bomb). Pretty fast, same applications as the weight. 1 usage, unlimited flips till destroyed.
Notes: I personally like this stage cuz I like seeing Gorilla Grodd beat up dudes then chuck people into him and they bounce off. Alsot both corners have good interacts and the barrels are fast. Not a bad pick, just hope you dont get sent back to Cell Block.
METROPOLIS STREET
Interactables: Car, Machine Gun, Flying Cop Car, Transition Right Corner
Balanced
2p Advantage
-Car*: Powers smash in front ~3/4 screen, gadgets/acros flip or smash grab (can bomb). Somewhat fast, covers pretty good range. MB is very good on this. Can B3, machine gun, backdash car for solid damage. 1 usage, unlimited flips/throws/bombs till destroyed.​
-Machine Gun: All can extend pop-ups w/ this. Not dependant on hits. Good meterless extender for Lex and can further push them into corner. Ex combos: 22d1, interact, ji3, f2 x Corp Charge (34% meterless); b3, ji3, interact, ji2, Corp Charge (35% meterless from corner, only works if car is gone)​
-Flying Cop Car: Powers smash in front covering 1/2 screen w/ explosion, gadgets bomb :qtl:qtr, acros divekick. Fairly slow, easy to backdash out of max range or dash under and punish. Respawning, every ~15 real secs. Only good after hard knockdown below in some MU's.​
Notes: The combo extension and car on the left side are incredibly nice for Lex. Unfortunately the cop car is not the greatest.​
METROPOLIS ROOFTOP
Interactables: Generator, Respawning Bot, Transition Right Corner
No Advantage
Pick: Very Often Against Non-Powers, Often Against Rest, On Counterpick
-Generator: Powers use electric wire covers 1/3 screen, gadgets/acros flip (can bomb). This thing is stupidly fast. Absolutely awesome MB'd as a get-off-me. 1 usage, unlimited flips until bombed.
-Respawning Bot: Powers throw 3/4 screen, gadgets/acros use a shot that goes ~1/2 screen distance. This thing is dumb. It respawns every 5 secs & does 18% damage. Really good agaisnt non-powers, but be careful of characters like Raven/Deathstroke who can punish you for going for it at far distance. I like it against seismo chars as well like Aquaman. Bot types: red-fire, purple-shocky, blue-freeze. Respawning, every 5 secs.
Notes: Great general stage as a power character against non-powers and maybe someone like Aquaman. Good pick all around, no extenders is sad though.
FINAL ASSESSMENT: "I WANT TO THROW A LOT OF CRAP" PICK
METROPOLIS MUSEUM
Interactables: Rocket Launcher, Gas Can, Tailfin, Car, Transition Left Corner
Balanced
No Advantage
Pick: Rarely Against Any
-Rocket Launcher: All use, knocked free through heavy stage damage. 1 fast fullscreen shot, not too much to say.
-Gas Can: All use, kocked free through heavy stage damage (may have to use the RPG first). 1 fast 3/4 screen throwable.​
-Tailfin: Powers smash down, gadgets/acros throw propeller full screen. Again, really only good against knockdowns below. Slow start-up but fast coming down. 1 usage.​
-Car: Powers throw straight down, gadgets bomb :qtl:qtr, acros divekick. Another less-than-perfect throwy. Same usage as above, this one does have an explosion however. 1 usage.
Notes: Not too much to say about this one, fairly balanced.

whedgehead

ARKHAM ASYLUM CELL BLOCK
Interactables: Jailer, Flower, TV's, Pipe, Transition Right Corner
No Advantage
-Jailer*: Powers smash in front covering halfscreen, gadgets/acros flip (can bomb). Decent speed, good MB'd get-off-me. 1 usage.
-Flower: Powers throw almost full screen, gadgets/acros release a spray that covers <1/3 screen. The flower is great to toss out on advancing opponents and in corner pressure in some MU's. Respawning throwable every ~15 real secs, unlimited sprays while flower is up with normal recharge.
-TV's: Powers throw, gadgets bomb :qtl:qtr, acros divekick. TV's are very fast and cover fullscreen. Great throwables after knockdown or in FT. 1 usage.
- Pipe: All break pipe that freezes from you to halfscreen for as long as air is out and can be followed up. The pipe scales combos SUPER hard (22 x Grav Pull MB, b3, ji2, 22 went from 30% to 15% after freeze), and definitely DONT TRANSITION AFTER THIS AS THAT WILL SCALE SUPER HARD. Options off of freeze: d1 into 50/50, b2 into 50/50, mine + full trait dash, probe + full trait dash, probe + mine. Mine at their feet is a reset I believe so the damage will not scale. 1 usage.
Notes: This level is extremely, extremely good for Lex. There a lot of throwys which is nice for Lex, and he has good options for pressure in both corners. Sadly no combo extenders, but all around great pick.
ARKHAM ASYLUM MESS HALL
Interactables: Oven, Pig, Faces, Chandelier, Transition Right Corner
Favor: Zoners
1p Advantage
Pick: Rarely, Maybe on Counterpick
-Oven: Powers smash in front for ~1/2 screen, gadgets/acros flip (can bomb). Decent speed to this thing, good against advancing opponent or MB'd. 1 usage, unlimited flips till destroyed.​
-Pig: All toss pig back and forth. The Pig. This thing is god tier. What more is there to say about it? Good in a zoning game and as even more space control. Other characters can make much nastier use of it (See: Ares) so watch out. Unlimited use, also if not full distance seems to carry you to the exact spot where you can throw it back cuz the game knows youre salty about it.​
-Heads: All throw fullscreen. Fast. Not too much to say, general usage applies here. Rightmost one is good in corner pressure. 1 usage.
-Chandelier: Powers smash straight down, gadgets/acros can swing. Fairly slow, but huge hitbox coming down and large explosion. 1 usage, flip unlimited until destroyed.
Notes: Not the greatest for Lex, and others can really abuse the hell out of the pig better than Lex imo. This can be a good stage against rushdown w/ a defensive mindset (w/ pig, mine in front of you, back into oven, etc.), just remember they can throw the thing right back at you.
HALL OF JUSTICE PLAZA
Interactables: Statue, Bust, Roomba, Fountain, Robot, Transition Right Corner
Balanced
2p Advantage
-Statue: Powers smash straight down 1/3 screen, gadgets/acros take spear and smash down 1/3 screen. Very fast interactable. Good as MB get-off-me. 1 usage.
-Bust: Powers throw fullscreen, gadgets/acros flip (can bomb). Decent speed and covers fullscreen, good after knockdown or to punish a gadget pressing the roomba button. 1 usage.
-Roomba: Powers throw fullscreen, gadgets/acros press the self-destruct(?!) button which tracks and explodes. Cant get 50/50's off this like non-powers can, but good for FT's, etc. Gadgets/acros can hold the button down to delay it and increase its speed. Respawning, ~5 real secs between.
-Fountain: ALL BGB. Left carries to midscreen, right carries to corner. Great BGB for Lex cuz knockdown from right side puts them ready for corner shenanigans, go for Roomba, etc. Unlimited usage.
-Robot: Powers go for throw into head smash, gadgets/acros flip (can bomb). Throw can be ducked/jumped and cant be MB'd. Unlike Gotham Rooftop, the BGB sending them to the corner gives them an escape which is :(. Unlimited usage for all options.
Notes: Pretty good Lex stage. Fast, respawning throwys are nice and a great BGB. This is like Arkham with combo extension but more options for non-powers.

HALL OF JUSTICE GREAT HALL
Interactables: Model Watchtower, Planet, Ship, Teleporter, Transition Right Corner
Balanced
No Advantage
Pick: Rarely Against All
-Model Watchtower: Powers swing causing a BGB, gadgets/acros flip (can bomb). Decently fast, an ok get-off-me when MB'd. Unfortunately you cannot follow up the BGB much like Ferris. 1 usage, flip until destroyed.
-Planet: Powers throw ~3/4 screen, gadgets bomb :qtl:qtr, acros divekick. Ok speed to this thin, good to FT or after knockdown. It spins in mid-air similar to FoS lab's floaty, so can be used as a ghetto evade. 1 usage.​
-Ship: Powers throw fullscreen, gadgets/acros can ride back and forth. Very, very slow, not good at all really. Focus more on punishing someone trying to use it than using it yourself. 1 usage, unlimited rides till thrown.​
-Teleporter: All use to travel to other teleporter full screen away. Can be used if you catch your opponent really respecting probes or your zoning for a ghetto teleport mixup. Not that great if you are under corner pressure as it cant be MB'd, may be a true evade however. Also, confirmed string into this if you are in the corner can get you out of pressure & possibly begin your own pressure. Unlimited use.​
Notes: Fairly balanced stage, teleport mixups seem very very interesting in theory. Need to play around with this more.​
WAYNE MANOR ENTRANCE
Interactables: Car, Fountain, Motorcycle, Gargoyle, Transition Right Corner
No Advantage
Pick: Often Against All, Good First Pick for 50/50
-Car*: Powers smash in front covering fullscreen, gadget/acros flip (can bomb). Very fast, very dirty and can MB. Just awesome all around. Others may be able to jump through it? 1 usage, unlimited flips/bombs until destroyed.
-Fountain: All BGB. Both sides carry halfway to respective corners, towards right puts motorcycle between you and opponent. Unlimited usage.
-Motorcycle: Powers throw fullscreen, gadgets/acros ride. Very fast start-up, slow speed but large hitbox. Good as a throwy. Gadgets/acros can hold the button down to rev engine and delay. 1 usage.
-Gargoyle: Powers throw fullscreen, gadgets/acros flip off the post (from a jump). Fast projectile, gor for FT's. 1 usage, flip unlimited.
Notes: Good, balanced stage for Lex; good throwys and mid-screen combo extender.
WAYNE MANOR GREAT ROOM
Interactables: Armor, Chair, Chandelier, Dining Room Table, Piano, Samurai Armor, Transition Left
Balanced
No Advantage
Pick: Against All
-Armor: Powers throw fullscreen, gadgets/acros flip (can bomb). Slow startup but extremely fast projectile. General usage applies. 1 time usage, flips unlimited until destroyed.
-Chair: All throw low. Not a bad throwable, not too fast so can easily be jumped however. 1 usage.​
-Chandelier: Powers throw down, gadgets/acros flip. Not too bad speed wise, and covers 1/2 screen. Good on knockdowns. 1 usage, unlimited flips until destroyed.​
-Dining Room table: All BGB. Right most carries opponent close to piano, left most puts you right on top of chair. Both carry halfway to corner. Unlimited usage.​
-Piano: Powers throw fullscreen, gadgets/acros slide fullscreen. Very slow start-up, fast projectile. An alright throwy. 1 usage.​
-Samurai Amor*: Powers throw fullscreen, gadgets/acros flip (can bomb). Decent speed, good throwable in the corner. 1 usage, unlimited flips until destroyed.​
Notes: Very balanced stage overall, good general pick. IMO the most balanced stage in the game.​
FINAL ASSESSMENT: MOST BALANCED PICK
ATLANTIS THRONE ROOM
Interactables: Walls, Orb, Throne, Rail, Tablet
Slight Favor: Non-power Chars
No Advantage
Pick: Against All
-Walls*: Powers break walls 3/4 screen surge, gadgets/acros use turny for 3/4 screen burst that stays out for a bit. Extremely good defensive interactables, good when MB'd, not too much to say. Gadgets get a lot more from these but do not cover entire height of screen; jumping into this and then Corp Charge may save you, although I dont think so off the top of my head. 1 usage, turny unlimited.
-Orb: Powers throw fullscreen, gadgets/acros flip (can bomb). Fast projectile, good for FT's and the like. 1 usage, flip unlimited till broken.
-Throne: All BGB. Good for Lex as mid-screen extender. Rightmost carries them on top of tablet and leftmost on top of orb, halfway to corner. Unlimited usage.
-Rail: Powers can't use, non powers slide. Nothing to say here for Lex. Unlimited usage.
-Tablet: Same as orb essentially.
Notes: Balanced stage, not much to say. Unlimited corner interactables plus slide are why I give non-powers the slight advantage. Also because all options are destroyable on Wayne Manor Great Room is why I consider that stage more balanced than this one, but this is still a very balanced option.
FINAL ASSESMENT: BALANCED PICK
OUTRO
Well, there you have it. Hopefully someone read this far, or at least read up some tech on certain stages. I also hope this can advance both general game knowledge and Lex knowledge in some way. Thanks for reading, don't forgot to comment rate like and subscribe.​
tl;dr: Best stages imo for Lex (from worst-best to best-best and not considering first pick/counterpicks/etc.) are Metropolis Rooftop, Stryker's Island Yard, Insurgency Lex Luthor's Lab, Wayne Manor Entrance, Themyscira Temple, Fortress of Solitude Lab, and Arkham Asylum Cell Block.
BDMao88
Pig Of The Hut
LizardLard
@(AGE)NycFab
x5iVE_STAR
Jer
Thead
rev0lver
Nermanater26
CrimsonShadow
Malec
PND_Ketchup
Wemfs
STORMS
GamerBlake90

Wrenchfarm

Lexcorp Proprietary Technologies
Well done. I picked up most of this myself through general play but there were a few nice surprises in here I'll definitely use in my game. I need to BGB way more, for some reason I always think of them as something for the more nimble characters. But there is no reason for Lex not to take advantage of them.

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
With Lex I almost always pick an Asylum stage or Themyscira.

Fuck Atlantis. Gadget characters can camp that corner all day. Especially Flash. That stage is stupid with him.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
Good lord that's a lot of info. Will get to reading this when I can. Appreciate the hard work bro. :)

whedgehead

I love all this info. With your permission, I'm going to do something similar in Bane's Forum
ya please be my guest. Hopefully, more forums can do this as well because I think it will be important as match-ups flesh out. You're welcome to copy and paste if you'd like as well and just sub your own info, I'd appreciate some credit though so hopefully more people can see both of our posts

Dayvo

My english it's not good
ya please be my guest. Hopefully, more forums can do this as well because I think it will be important as match-ups flesh out. You're welcome to copy and paste if you'd like as well and just sub your own info, I'd appreciate some credit though so hopefully more people can see both of our posts
Of course, you deserve it!