What's new

[SSF4:AE] The First 50

-Deadman-

Getting better with age
Hey guys, I'm dabbling in Street Fighter again and looking for a new main for this run. Instead of random picking and running with it I decided to take a more thorough approach. I'm going to play 50 consecutive games with a few characters and go with the one I have the best record with. If I can, I'll record some of the better moments for the youtubers. But for now, you can just have a laugh at my numbers as I try to shake a ton of rust off... when did the 2012 patch go into effect again? That much rust lol.

==================
Current Standings
==================
Cody - (Pending)
Rose - (Pending)
---
---
---
===================
Edit : Restarting Runs, fixing search parameters to be more accurate.
Also taking better data this time.

-Deadman-

Getting better with age
=================================
-- The First 50 -- Cody
(Data Pending)
-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
Results :
==================================
-- Opponent Spread --

-- The First 50 -- Rose
(Data Pending)
-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
Results :
-- Opponent Spread --

Chrishaspads

Name isn't Chris, Doesn't have pads
This will be fun :) oh and ibuki is easy as hell to pick up amd feel comfortable. i suck balls at sf and still managed to get wins.

-Deadman-

Getting better with age
This will be fun :) oh and ibuki is easy as hell to pick up amd feel comfortable. i suck balls at sf and still managed to get wins.
How is she in terms of Footsies? I'm a very footsie/spacing based player, yet Sim is too slow for me. This is where I feel I messed up bad with Cody, I would spend more time playing footsies and keep out, rather than getting in there with his frame traps. Having pisspoor luck with his AAs didn't help matters much. I couldn't time a b.MP to save my life.

But as for picks for the first 50, obviously Rose will be next, then after that I'd like to try Makoto, Guy, maybe Juri (though I played her when AE first dropped), and I'm curious how Hakan turned out.

Also need to get my buttons replaced on my stick, SF on a pad is killing me.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
How is she in terms of Footsies? I'm a very footsie/spacing based player, yet Sim is too slow for me. This is where I feel I messed up bad with Cody, I would spend more time playing footsies and keep out, rather than getting in there with his frame traps. Having pisspoor luck with his AAs didn't help matters much. I couldn't time a b.MP to save my life.

But as for picks for the first 50, obviously Rose will be next, then after that I'd like to try Makoto, Guy, maybe Juri (though I played her when AE first dropped), and I'm curious how Hakan turned out.

Also need to get my buttons replaced on my stick, SF on a pad is killing me.
She is a vortex character with a high execution level, she has a very bad defense actually, you need to get somethings down with her, like anti-wakeup vortexes, her super jump cancel moves etc.

-Deadman-

Getting better with age
Well, I'm pretty sure my data is flawed. I started my Rose run tonight and I also started taking better notes this time, Ultra used, gamertags, PP/BP...
And it occurred to me that I've been searching for any player any rank any region. So really this has been an endeavor less about my skill vs their skill and more a matter of RNG. It was blatantly obvious to me, when I got back to back to back fighters with 16k-18kBP, in the top 20 for their characters. My 1st match with Rose I got a Balrog with simillar PP/BP ranking, and I dispatched him rather easily. Then the killers start rolling in.

The question now is... do I keep riding the RNG or scrap my current data and search for fighters my level for more accurate numbers.
I hate to backtrack, but it seems to be the most logical way to go.

Edit : After more thought, I'm just going to restart with more accurate data. I'll set it to same skill level from here forward instead of random so I can't say one character got easier opponents than another.

-Deadman-

Getting better with age
I may not end up pursuing this endeavor. Playing a few games with Rose, shes too fun to put down.
Since I've started picking same skill Ive been running people over. Basically Rose is running this show,
with Theodore Hawkins a close second. I just love the living hell out of Hawk's footsie game. Since he's so
beefy, every trade is in your favor. I've been winning games with him on spacing and footsies alone bc I
can't churn butter on this pad. Once I change out my buttons on my stick its gonna be hard to choose between the two.
Maybe I'll officially restart The First 50 as a battle between Rose and Hawk. Good Times.