What's new

Spreadsheet comparing Kano's F1 jailing into spit and Blade Toss in different matchups

CriticalDrop

Beers, grabs & dropped combos
It is known that, after the last patch, the second hit (spit) of Kano's F12 string jails on standing block against every character in the game. It jails too when the opponent is crouch blocking against some characters, but this property is matchup dependant. There's even a few cases in which the spit completely whiffs on crouch block.

Mustard explains it way better:

"

Also, thanks to @Circus, now I know that Blade Toss jails from F1 (F1xxBladeToss). It always jails on standing block, however, I realized that its jailing on crouch block is match-up dependant, same as F12, but not coincident. Therefore, having these two options from F1, we can choose the better one according to if it whiffs or not, or if it jails on crouch block. I thought that it could be a good idea to make an spreadsheet where we can visually compare the advantages or disadvantages of using each option in the different match-ups.

*Some inconsistencies detected

Overall we can see that F1xxBlade Toss is the better option in a bigger number of match-ups, in which it jails on crouch block, while F12 doesn't. The most extreme examples are Johnny and Jacqui, against whom the spit whiffs completely, while Blade Toss jails. You can watch it in the next video:

Another two remarkable cases are the ones of Cassie and Sonya, being the most desfavorable for Kano, as both options whiff on crouch block. Noob and Kabal are another two bad matchups in that regard, as none of these options jail on crouch block.

I hope you find it useful.

Last edited:

Notez4

Noob
Nice info although, “always jailing on stand block” is a little irrelevant. Everyone blocks everything while stand blocking.

CriticalDrop

Nice info although, “always jailing on stand block” is a little irrelevant. Everyone blocks everything while stand blocking.
English is not my mother languaje so I can be wrong, but with "standing block" I meant block while standing (not crouching), same as when we use standing 1 (S1), standing 2 (S2), etc. in notations. I think I haven't used "stand block" expression or I haven't seen it in my post. If I did, sorry, I meant "standing block".
Edit: If something jails on standing block it means that you can't neutral crouch after the first hit in order to duck the second one.

kinger

Noob
Well this all went to shit. They made it so it doesn't jail anyone as far as I know but still doesn't hit on block vs others. I mean wtf, if your gonna fix it then fix it good with the bad!

CriticalDrop

Well this all went to shit. They made it so it doesn't jail anyone as far as I know but still doesn't hit on block vs others. I mean wtf, if your gonna fix it then fix it good with the bad!
Exactly this!!! If you're gonna normalize the move, don't do it only for bad, but for good too. Come on ...
I plan to update the op with this as soon as I have some time.

kinger

Noob
Another note just for fun. Was playing my friend who uses bone picker and the command throw KB doesn't work anymore out of roll. I think they messed up a few things!

kinger

Noob
Welp, guess it was a one day fix. Which is even more annoying that they know this stuff and still have chars like Cassie that you get none of the options. That they can fix hitbox issues that fast and have not done it faster. I guess this is how they want it!

HiddenSelectCounterPick

Crossplay Username: PlayingNeutral
Did the properties of f12 change again recently? It feels like I'm whiffing the second hit against more people lately and getting mashed out more often.
Yea they nerfed his great string like 3 days after they gave it to him.... it only lands if you hit or apply block pressure when they are standing.