What's new

Spoilers Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
Seems like it's a hot-topic right now, but isn't welcome in the completely redundant thread in which it came up in. So let's discuss it in a neutral thread, and talk about the future of this site with I2 and following releases of NRS games, and how we perceive spoilers

Bonus points if TYM can do it without calling everyone who disagrees with them idiots, and if a certain mod can manage to see read this thread without deleting all the posts that he doesn't like

go

Last edited:

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Let’s have civil discussion.

I think it makes the most sense to not have spoilers in thread titles. I was at first against having a rule for it, because I thought the complaints were silly. But after thinkin it over, telling people they have to completely avoid the site makes no sense. TYM’s numbers are already down, we don’t need to discourage more people from never coming back.

The only argument FOR winners of tournaments being the thread titles is for “props”. Which doesn’t hold too much weight because props can be given in the thread without spoiling who won in the title. The problem with having it in the title is that you cannot avoid reading the title, however you CAN avoid clicking on the thread. I think that’s a compromise everyone who thinks about this logically, sanely and reasonably can agree on.

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole

I think it makes the most sense to not have spoilers in thread titles. I was at first against having a rule for it, because I thought the complaints were silly. But after thinkin it over, telling people they have to completely avoid the site makes no sense. TYM’s numbers are already down, we don’t need to discourage more people from never coming back.

The only argument FOR winners of tournaments being the thread titles is for “props”. Which doesn’t hold too much weight because props can be given in the thread without spoiling who won in the title. The problem with having it in the title is that you cannot avoid reading the title, however you CAN avoid clicking on the thread. I think that’s a compromise everyone who thinks about this logically, sanely and reasonably can agree on.
I think I love you.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I don’t think spoilers should be put in the thread title but I don’t think people should be REALLY upset about being spoiled by coming onto the site, status updates can easily spoil it for you too. I know I stayed away from my friends that saw Infinity War before me. But people shouldn’t go out of their way to spoil it either, just basically don’t be a dick is the short version.

NothingPersonal

Are you not entertained!?
What I think the rules should be:
-No spoiler in main page titles.
-Mods not to mainpage threads with spoiler titles.
-Props threads with spoiler titles allowed, as long as they don't get mainpaged.
-If a props thread is deemed worthy of mainpage by a mod, but has a spoiler title, mod and author of said thread should conveine on a new title that fits the rules and the author.

And I demand Crimson be relieved of his mod duties at least for a while. His moderating of his own thread was ridiculous.

i rarely agree with juggs, but here i have to agree! nothing more add here.

God Confirm

i rarely agree with juggs, but here i have to agree! nothing more add here.
lol I've had some tiffs with Juggs in the past, to say the least, and even I gotta say he's pretty much nailed it. Gotta agree with the man on this one.

Last edited:

God Confirm

I also gotta agree with the feedback about Crimson's moderation on the subject. It wouldn't be so bad if he cleaned up ALL the off topic posts in that thread, or if he often cleaned up off topic posts in the other threads he posts in. Instead, he simply deleted the off topic posts in HIS thread, and specifically the ones that disagreed with him no matter how valid the criticism, and then left up other posts actively shitting on the community, or bitching about people who care about spoilers, or even just talking about the exact same topic but agreeing with him. No matter how you feel on the subject of spoilers, this is just not a fair and rational use of moddership roles.

Cursa

Counterpoke with armoured DB2 at all times.
I don’t think spoilers should be put in the thread title but I don’t think people should be REALLY upset about being spoiled by coming onto the site, status updates can easily spoil it for you too. I know I stayed away from my friends that saw Infinity War before me. But people shouldn’t go out of their way to spoil it either, just basically don’t be a dick is the short version.
I don't really care an awful lot about which way this argument goes but when people do shit like this (Which I think people have been doing in light of this topic coming up time and time again), then they are a fucking problem. Not naming names but pls don't do this anyone.

I agree with everything you said.

Barrogh

Meta saltmine
Frankly, is there anyone here who would be pissed off if there wasn't a spoiler in some thread's title?
I'm not sure why does this warrant a thread. So far it's just "no spoilers pls" versus "okay, but can you be less shitty about it?" versus "lol idc". There doesn't seem to be any contradictions between goals here for us to bother with compromises and discussions. Or is there?

Cursa

Counterpoke with armoured DB2 at all times.
Frankly, is there anyone here who would be pissed off if there wasn't a spoiler in some thread's title?
I'm not sure why does this warrant a thread. So far it's just "no spoilers pls" versus "okay, but can you be less shitty about it?" versus "lol idc". There doesn't seem to be any contradictions between goals here for us to bother with compromises and discussions. Or is there?
'Winners deserve name in title of thread' is the only one that comes to mind

Snibbor

Yarrrr Matey
I do not care either way if spoilers are in the title, it makes no difference to me at all. With that being said, it makes sense to NOT have them in the title, just because leaving them out doesn’t affect anybody in a negative way at all. Whereas including spoilers would make watching said event pointless for some people. The top players who we are supposedly recognizing in the titles no longer come to this site so that argument doesn’t really hold up imo.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I also gotta agree with the feedback about Crimson's moderation on the subject. It wouldn't be so bad if he cleaned up ALL the off topic posts in that thread, or if he often cleaned up off topic posts in the other threads he posts in. Instead, he simply deleted the off topic posts in HIS thread, and specifically the ones that disagreed with him no matter how valid the criticism, and then left up other posts actively shitting on the community, or bitching about people who care about spoilers, or even just talking about the exact same topic but agreeing with him. No matter how you feel on the subject of spoilers, this is just not a fair and rational use of moddership roles.
That's flat-out untrue. I gave a warning about derailing the thread by complaining about spoilers, deleted some posts, left, came back, and there were more posts on both sides (which are still there); so rather than essentially nuke the entire thread, I gave a second and final warning when I returned, asked people to take the spoiler-complaints to another thread, and removed all the spoiler-topic posts after that post (except for the mods/frontpage writers, who can remove their own if they so choose. That's up to them).

You are already on thin ice for trolling all over TYM and attempting to instigate in every other thread, taking shots at people both in posts and statuses and starting fights in various places. This hasn't gone unnoticed by most of the staff, not only me -- so I'd take a moment and think about how you're constantly attempting to goad others into arguments if you'd like to stay around.

Last edited:

God Confirm

That's flat-out untrue. I gave a warning about derailing the thread by complaining about spoilers, deleted some posts, left, came back, and there were more posts on both sides (which are still there); so rather than essentially nuke the entire thread, I gave a second and final warning when I returned, asked people to take the spoiler-complaints to another thread, and removed all the spoiler-topic posts after that (except for the mods, who can remove their own if they so choose. That's up to them).

You are already on thin ice for trolling all over TYM and attempting to instigate in every other thread, taking shots at people both in posts and statuses and starting fights in various places. This hasn't gone unnoticed by most of the staff, not only me -- so I'd take a moment and think about how you're constantly attempting to bait others if you'd like to stay around.
Hmmm, you're literally threatening to ban me for this? lol. I don't know if this is the best response to people saying you're misusing mod powers...

This is very reminiscent of when you threatened to ban karoakelove for his thread saying he didn't like Injustice 2. Don't try to make this about me - acting like I'm the problem here is a bit of a joke, I think you could probably find a guy or two who made a shitty tier list to agree with you and that's about it. I'm literally not even the person who brought up your atrocious handling of that thread, I just agreed with them. This is about you, Crimson.

God Confirm

@CrimsonShadow You know what, go ahead and ban one of your last active members. Turn this place into an even bigger graveyard than it already is. I don't ever break any rules on here, I'm not a shitposter, and I'm not going change my posting just to appease your power trip, so if you're going to ban me for having a differing opinion to yours, may as well do it now. I won't be back.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
@CrimsonShadow You know what, go ahead and ban one of your last active members. Turn this place into an even bigger graveyard than it already is. I don't ever break any rules on here, I'm not a shitposter, and I'm not going change my posting just to appease your power trip, so if you're going to ban me for having a differing opinion to yours, may as well do it now. I won't be back.
This isn't about where you're active or not. It's about you constantly trying to snipe at people and start fights with them. Derailing threads or continuing to pick at people until they get mad. Maybe you thought no one noticed, but we do. So I'm letting you know directly, so that you're aware.

How active you are doesn't have any bearing on the response to how you're treating other people. So now you know, and you can either deal with it or let the moderation run its course.

God Confirm

This isn't about where you're active or not. It's about you constantly trying to snipe at people and start fights with them. Derailing threads or continuing to pick at people until they get mad. Maybe you thought no one noticed, but we do. So I'm letting you know directly, so that you're aware.

How active you are doesn't have any bearing on the response to how you're treating other people. So now you know, and you can either deal with it or let the moderation run its course.
Yeah I really don't, I post my opinion the same as anyone else, and you're just trying to badmouth me to the heat off yourself.

Kinda curious that I've been posting the exact same for 3 years, but just now you're giving me a warning and warning me with an upcoming ban, the very INSTANT I make my first post criticising your modding... WHAT AN INCREDIBLE COINCIDENCE lolol. Wonder who is fooled

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
Hmmm, you're literally threatening to ban me for this? lol. I don't know if this is the best response to people saying you're misusing mod powers...

This is very reminiscent of when you threatened to ban karoakelove for his thread saying he didn't like Injustice 2. Don't try to make this about me - acting like I'm the problem here is a bit of a joke, I think you could probably find a guy or two who made a shitty tier list to agree with you and that's about it. I'm literally not even the person who brought up your atrocious handling of that thread, I just agreed with them. This is about you, Crimson.
Once again, not true. I gave karaokelove a warning for continuing to make threads directly bashing NRS and calling them a shit developer after being asked repeatedly to stop. There are various people here who don't like Injustice or MKX, and that's ok. Lots of us have given our own criticisms at points of things we wished were different or better. But making threads every week to directly insult the developer, curse them out and call them various names, on the flagship site for NRS games, isn't cool.

Once he realized he was going too far, he chilled out and has been fine ever since.

Last edited:

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
Everyone is entitled to their opinions. Don't turn this into a "blame the mod" thread. If you have a problem with a mod, directly message the mod or a different mod if you feel it is necessary. This is derailing from the original post. Stay on topic. I will NOT be saying this again or chiming in here (unless if I find it necessary).

Status
Not open for further replies.