What's new

Spoiler Thread. People officially have the game already (NO STORY SPOILERS)

Only 1 week to go and it looks like it's a reasonable time for the flood gates to be open.

The other spoiler thread was locked so I think it's a good time to make one again where people could post their spoilers.

NO STORY SPOILERS IN THIS THREAD!!!!

All Stages:

Tournament Variations!!!!!:
Baraka
  1. Marauder: Baraka Barrage, Gutted (2)
  2. Bone Picker: Blood Lunge (2), Spine Burst
Cassie
  1. Digital Soldier: (Air) Bullet Barrage, Kneecappin', Flippin' Out
  2. Yaas Queen: Shoulder Charge, BLB-118 Energy Burst (2)
Cetrion
  1. Force of Nature: Earthquake, Delay Boulder Bash, Shattering Boulder
  2. Spring Cleaning: H2 POrt, Geyser (2)
D'Vorah
  1. Buzzed: (Air) Ticking Time Bug, Strepsiptera, Parasite
  2. Arachnophobia: Deadly Swarm, Widow's Kiss (2)
Erron
  1. 52 Kard Pickup: Enhanced Locked and Loaded, Outworld Gunslinger, Scud Shot
  2. Barking Irons: Cattle Toss, TNT Toss, Enhanced Rattle Snake Slide
Geras
  1. New Era: Stepping it Back (2), Sand Pillar
  2. Infinite Warden: Quick Sand, Gauntlet of the Ages, Bed of Spikes
Jacqui
  1. 1st Round KO: Lethal Clinch, Cybernetic Override, Robo Grappler
  2. Next Gen: Grenade Launcher, (Air) Dive Bomb, Tech-Dome
Jade
  1. Emerald Defender: (Air) Razor-Rang, Upward Razor-Rang, Edenian Spark
  2. Jaded: Pole Vault, Pole Vault Cancel, Amplify Blazing Nitro Kick
Jax
  1. Grinnin' Barrett: Duck and Weave, Briggs Barricade, Ripped
  2. Hunker Down: Quad Grab, Burning Hammer, Expert Grappler
Johnny
  1. Shock Jock: Mime Time, Brass Knuckles, Caged Rage
  2. Show Stopper: Throwing Shades, Say Cheese (2)
Kabal
  1. Mean Streak: Rolling Buzzsaw, (Air) Straight Buzzin', Dash Cancel
  2. Clean Cut: Low Hook Grab, Nomad Spin, Extended Hook
Kano
  1. Ripper: Lumbar Check, Rack Off, Manhandled
  2. Dirtbag: Vege-Mighty, Molotow Cocktail, Chemical Burn
Kitana
  1. Fan-Fare: (Air) Fan Flutter, Ground War, Royal Protection
  2. Highborn: Half Blood Stance (2), Edenian Razors
Kollector
  1. Back in the Pack: Up Demonic Mace, Demonic Clutch, Fade Out
  2. Spare Change: Bag Bomb, Vial of Sorrow, Demonic Comet
Kotal
  1. Ascension: Huehhueyi, God Ray, Kahn-Cut
  2. Totemic: Eztli Totem, Tecuani Maul, (Air) Tecuani Pounce
Kung Lao
  1. Lotus Fist: Orbiting Hat (2), Omega Hat
  2. Hat Tricks: Guided Hat, Z Hat, (Air) Teleport
Liu Kang
  1. Luohan Quan: Shaolin Stance, Low Fireball, Dragon Parry
  2. Wu Shi Legend: Energy Parry, Dragon Fire, Dragon's Gifts
Noob
  1. Seeing Double: Ghostball, (Air) Tele-Slam, Shadow Slide
  2. Dark Sabbath: Spirit Ball, Shadow Portals, (Air) Sickle Port
Raiden
  1. Thunder Wave: Storm Call, Sparkport (2)
  2. Raijin: Electric Burst, Quick Charge, Electric Current
Scorpion
  1. Reborn: Demon Slam, Hell Port Cancel (2)
  2. Searing Rage: Death Spin, Death Spear Kombo, Burning Spear
Shao Kahn
  1. True Kahn: Ridicule, Ground Shatter, Wrath Hammer
  2. Risen Emperor: Annihilation, Up Wrath Hammer, Dark Priest
Skarlet
  1. Heart Pierce: Dagger Dance, Bloodport, Blood Ritual
  2. Blood Drive: Cell Siphon, Blood Flow (2)
Sonya
  1. No Holds Barred: (Air) Ops Drop, Krushing Kounters, (Air) Marching Orders
  2. Ring Master: Energy Rings Charge, (Air) Downward Energy Rings, K.A.T. Turret Drop
Sub-Zero
  1. Dead of Winter: Cold Shoulder, Deep Freeze (2)
  2. Thin Ice: Frigid Storm, Death-Cicle Barrage, (Air) Polar Axe

Last edited:

Comments

Did anybody ask who the fuck is Kharon and why does he have a ship yet?

oh it must be the dragon. from the wiki:

Caro is a red guardian Dragon of the realm of Edenia who is ordered by Edenia's Protector god Argus to awaken his sons Taven and Daegon in Mortal Kombat: Armageddon.

could it be him? kharon and caro are similar names, and there's a dragon on that stage

Oh dear, those presets need Jesus. I can only really speak for Kabal but if the rest of the cast's are as bad as his . . .

The selection of specials are baffling, there's almost no synergy whatsoever.

On the plus side did anyone notice the [conflicts with] thing that was added to the bottom of the abilities, implying that certain moves cannot be equipped together regardless of available slots. Sounds like an effort to limit player choices for character customization to help with balancing, which only matters if customs will be made tournament/ranked legal (bit of a reach, I know).
How many tournament players do you think would say fuck the balance and anything goes like MvC? I don’t know I’m not in that scene. To balance it would have to be variations like that. unless misery blade and stuff like that became a base move in tournament mode. That’s the only way some of those weird variations make sense. The teleport cancel thing seems weird to use scorpion again.

It's important to not to take these variations too seriously...
... BUT just mentally prepare yourselves in case they are the final tournament variations for some of the characters.

It's the same for Kano as it was in the tournament Kombat Kast (and I haven't been personally thrilled for Kano's since Friday lol).
One variation was the exact same for Jax (he had one slot missing on the other).

So many people are putting all their hopes into this day one patch.

All I'm saying is to hope for the best, but don't be too shocked if some of these are final.
This is a great post. There definitely will be a day 1 patch that changes a lot of things but some of this stuff is final and will be in the final build for weeks or months after launch so pay attention

Did anybody ask who the fuck is Kharon and why does he have a ship yet?

oh it must be the dragon. from the wiki:

Caro is a red guardian Dragon of the realm of Edenia who is ordered by Edenia's Protector god Argus to awaken his sons Taven and Daegon in Mortal Kombat: Armageddon.

could it be him? kharon and caro are similar names, and there's a dragon on that stage
Charon was the ferryman for the River Styx in old mythology. He'd take you on his boat through the sea of the damned.

No telling if there'll actually be a character in the story, or if it's just a reference.

I can basically guarantee you none of the frame data will be final until the day 1 patch hits. Plus frame data would involve highlighting every single move on the list which would be like 60 pictures so that's probably a bit much for dude
They could just record cycling through the list and we can pause or slow down the video.
LOL what kind of garbage ass pre-set variations are these?? This is exactly why I didn't want NRS choosing this shit. They're god awful at it!!!

I really hope there's a patch to switch this shit up. At no point should there ever, EVER be a variation with only 2 slots being filled. Smh.

Looks like Kabal and Baraka are top tier cause they got their good moves in one of their presets.
Kanalmost certainly didn't get his good moves. He is missing hook grab which is his main source for combos using meter and 23. The Restand was a good pick though, some liked low Hook but others liked cancel nomad in that slot. It's a broken mismatched version of the optimal loadout.

That "conflicts with" thing has been in since the reveal build.

And Kabal's variations that were chosen are about on track with what they chose for Kano, and his are final according to the Kombat Kast.
They didn't give Kano any of his combo special move combo extenders either. Kabal is missing a slot though so I wouldn't be surprised if that missing space got filled.
If he had Hook Grab (DB2) with Hook Extension and cancel/low Hook it would be perfect but I wouldn't use him without his combo ability.

Very interested in seeing the finalized versions of the presets and frame data of the entire cast. I am fully aware nothing is final but I'd like for those of us who understand FD to be able to see it now that way we can let NRS know what's lacking and what's overboard.
If you have a character you want to seedata we can use a video to analyze the frames of each moves startup. But I'd like to see Startup, Recovery, Active(if it's 3-4 we can change the data at max range) on hit and on block adv as well as cancel advantage?
I know you are big into Frame Data as well so let's hope we get some!

Maybe we will see it soon and tomorrow is the Xbox Reveal and in a few days we get to see IGN gameplay featuring HoneyBee and SonicFox with WWE peps. Later on the 22nd we see Kombat Kast for whatever is left, maybe Frost maybe Shang??

Last edited:
How many tournament players do you think would say fuck the balance and anything goes like MvC?
Maybe for like a small side tournament for shits and giggles but there's no chance that some sort of custom character tournament standard will be put in place by tournament players.

Damn I really want Gutted but I don't want to get rid of chop chop :/

Also can anyone tell if Kollector has his command grab? I couldn't tell maybe I missed it.
In these variations, Kollector has his command grab with his teleport and one slot missing.

So no Gutted no Up hook grab and no snake bite. Seems like NRS trying real hard not to have combos in this game
Baraka does have Gutted. Its with Spine Burst.

Also in case people haven't noticed about Snake Bite, it has been changed to a 2 slot ability.

lol@ Scorp being trash in the beta, he wasn't trash a lot of his moves were unsafe but definitely far from trash.

Kreeya's Dirty Dungeon is clearly a locked stage.
Most people like Who the fuck is Kreeya? Nice MKC reference :p I see what you did there.
Ahh now that's the Skarlet I know and love! (with more leather but nobody's perfect) The hair looks great though.

I am honestly worried the variations are the way they are now so they can sell us more variations later down the road. I'd like to think NRS are above that, but some of the decisions they have been making as of late make me doubt that they are.

I am honestly worried the variations are the way they are now so they can sell us more variations later down the road. I'd like to think NRS are above that, but some of the decisions they have been making as of late make me doubt that they are.
I have faith in them, look at the costumes, secret characters, weapon variants and the moves already unlocked from the start for everyone (I mean in game for no money unlockable) or the specials we get from the start, no lame lootboxes). I believe if they were really, really greedy they'd charge us for that but they're not. They said we will get 2 variations to start off with, I don't see why they can't just add these for nothing via a big update/patch etc.

Yeah, that's a damn shame.

The only time I thought that look was super attractive was on Skarlet in MK9. Only because of the fatality where she had blood spraying down on her. There was something really scary hot about that.

The rest of it was just annoying T&A for me. I just wish she had the shower in blood fatality again or something close to a sprayed in blood one.
She has 2 brutalities where she’s showered in blood which look cool.

Edit: I see you realized this already. Sorry....this is a long thread, not always practical to say “I’m going to reply” and then read the next 250 replies to be sure it’s not redundant.

No hard feelings man, sorry I attacked you for being new, that’s not fair, there’s just been an influx of people and a lot of their posts have been not great, so sorry I took that out on you.

A lot of them seem pretty sub-optimal, but there's a couple winners. Kano, Jax, Erron, and Baraka all have a really good one. But ones like Scorpion's Air Throw/Tele-Cancel or Sub's Kold Shoulder/Rising Ice really make me wonder what their thought process is. I'm hoping for a day one patch that changes them.

I'm thinking that the intention was never for her to be bald. Hair is rendered separately from the the rest of the model so maybe the leak really was just something that was an incomplete WIP. Now if you can customize her to have no hair, then I take it back lol.
I’m pretty sure in that same leak everyone on the select screen was missing their customizable gear (like sub zero and Erron Black were maskless) so I think it’s just that build the select screen profiles are gear less.

Meaning, I think her hair is gear. She might have a bald cyborg version but I think she will have a handful of hairstyles.

Y'all know some of these presets are probably going to get Day 1 patched now that NRS knows early copies are leaking their shit right? I don't know why you're obsessing over them.
There where several characters that lacked sevearly at launch and others who where straight up OP in MKX for 6 months to a year, some never got changes till the end of it's cycle. NRS has it's track record of iffy balance.
I'd rather people freak out about it now and NRS get ahead of the game.
Maybe characters moves have been adjusted and frame data is changed so there might be nothing to worry about? But I'm almost positive certain things will go under the radar and need balanced.

As for the Variations some are jumping the gun. That's ok though because it won't hurt nothing if it's already fixed and will help if it's not.

I have faith in them, look at the costumes, secret characters, weapon variants and the moves already unlocked from the start for everyone (I mean in game for no money unlockable) or the specials we get from the start, no lame lootboxes). I believe if they were really, really greedy they'd charge us for that but they're not. They said we will get 2 variations to start off with, I don't see why they can't just add these for nothing via a big update/patch etc.
You know what, you are right. They've done a few things I question, but overall they have always been very friendly. No reason to be pessimistic, I'll be positive!! :D

You know what, you are right. They've done a few things I question, but overall they have always been very friendly. No reason to be pessimistic, I'll be positive!! :D
It's all good man, I mean you raise a legit concern always good to be cautious. I just feel better about it cause it's NRS and not say EA or Capcom lol. :)

So there are three "Kronika's Hourglass" arenas, but each one looks like it takes place in a different area:
  • The one in the center is obviously the area we see in the trailers and concept art released. Basically her lair.
  • The one on the left looks like it's in an area with trees. Not sure where this could be.
  • The one of the right looks like it COULD maybe be The Pit to me. Look closely, it looks almost like it takes place on a bridge.

Last edited: