What's new

Spoiler Thread. People officially have the game already (NO STORY SPOILERS)

Only 1 week to go and it looks like it's a reasonable time for the flood gates to be open.

The other spoiler thread was locked so I think it's a good time to make one again where people could post their spoilers.

NO STORY SPOILERS IN THIS THREAD!!!!

All Stages:

Tournament Variations!!!!!:
Baraka
  1. Marauder: Baraka Barrage, Gutted (2)
  2. Bone Picker: Blood Lunge (2), Spine Burst
Cassie
  1. Digital Soldier: (Air) Bullet Barrage, Kneecappin', Flippin' Out
  2. Yaas Queen: Shoulder Charge, BLB-118 Energy Burst (2)
Cetrion
  1. Force of Nature: Earthquake, Delay Boulder Bash, Shattering Boulder
  2. Spring Cleaning: H2 POrt, Geyser (2)
D'Vorah
  1. Buzzed: (Air) Ticking Time Bug, Strepsiptera, Parasite
  2. Arachnophobia: Deadly Swarm, Widow's Kiss (2)
Erron
  1. 52 Kard Pickup: Enhanced Locked and Loaded, Outworld Gunslinger, Scud Shot
  2. Barking Irons: Cattle Toss, TNT Toss, Enhanced Rattle Snake Slide
Geras
  1. New Era: Stepping it Back (2), Sand Pillar
  2. Infinite Warden: Quick Sand, Gauntlet of the Ages, Bed of Spikes
Jacqui
  1. 1st Round KO: Lethal Clinch, Cybernetic Override, Robo Grappler
  2. Next Gen: Grenade Launcher, (Air) Dive Bomb, Tech-Dome
Jade
  1. Emerald Defender: (Air) Razor-Rang, Upward Razor-Rang, Edenian Spark
  2. Jaded: Pole Vault, Pole Vault Cancel, Amplify Blazing Nitro Kick
Jax
  1. Grinnin' Barrett: Duck and Weave, Briggs Barricade, Ripped
  2. Hunker Down: Quad Grab, Burning Hammer, Expert Grappler
Johnny
  1. Shock Jock: Mime Time, Brass Knuckles, Caged Rage
  2. Show Stopper: Throwing Shades, Say Cheese (2)
Kabal
  1. Mean Streak: Rolling Buzzsaw, (Air) Straight Buzzin', Dash Cancel
  2. Clean Cut: Low Hook Grab, Nomad Spin, Extended Hook
Kano
  1. Ripper: Lumbar Check, Rack Off, Manhandled
  2. Dirtbag: Vege-Mighty, Molotow Cocktail, Chemical Burn
Kitana
  1. Fan-Fare: (Air) Fan Flutter, Ground War, Royal Protection
  2. Highborn: Half Blood Stance (2), Edenian Razors
Kollector
  1. Back in the Pack: Up Demonic Mace, Demonic Clutch, Fade Out
  2. Spare Change: Bag Bomb, Vial of Sorrow, Demonic Comet
Kotal
  1. Ascension: Huehhueyi, God Ray, Kahn-Cut
  2. Totemic: Eztli Totem, Tecuani Maul, (Air) Tecuani Pounce
Kung Lao
  1. Lotus Fist: Orbiting Hat (2), Omega Hat
  2. Hat Tricks: Guided Hat, Z Hat, (Air) Teleport
Liu Kang
  1. Luohan Quan: Shaolin Stance, Low Fireball, Dragon Parry
  2. Wu Shi Legend: Energy Parry, Dragon Fire, Dragon's Gifts
Noob
  1. Seeing Double: Ghostball, (Air) Tele-Slam, Shadow Slide
  2. Dark Sabbath: Spirit Ball, Shadow Portals, (Air) Sickle Port
Raiden
  1. Thunder Wave: Storm Call, Sparkport (2)
  2. Raijin: Electric Burst, Quick Charge, Electric Current
Scorpion
  1. Reborn: Demon Slam, Hell Port Cancel (2)
  2. Searing Rage: Death Spin, Death Spear Kombo, Burning Spear
Shao Kahn
  1. True Kahn: Ridicule, Ground Shatter, Wrath Hammer
  2. Risen Emperor: Annihilation, Up Wrath Hammer, Dark Priest
Skarlet
  1. Heart Pierce: Dagger Dance, Bloodport, Blood Ritual
  2. Blood Drive: Cell Siphon, Blood Flow (2)
Sonya
  1. No Holds Barred: (Air) Ops Drop, Krushing Kounters, (Air) Marching Orders
  2. Ring Master: Energy Rings Charge, (Air) Downward Energy Rings, K.A.T. Turret Drop
Sub-Zero
  1. Dead of Winter: Cold Shoulder, Deep Freeze (2)
  2. Thin Ice: Frigid Storm, Death-Cicle Barrage, (Air) Polar Axe

Last edited:

Comments

Ok now i am not hype at all. Tell me what the i am supposed to do with this king of unsafe Scorpion. His teleport variation what purpose does it serve what can i do with it???? Cancel teleport once to be safe then lose my defense 2 bars for 20 seconds and then i get punished for everything???? This shit is getting me so mad
Maybe you could wait for the final build lol... they could have either given him the sword stance in a variation of made him safer

Some variations are NOT the tourrnament ones for sure. For example there are several with only 2 slots with one 1slot move , and also for example one of the Kollector is wrong because in KK 16bits said that for the modified discus toss krushing blow , it needs to be the fire , and the fire and the discus are not in the same variation in this picture :confused:

Ok now i am not hype at all. Tell me what the i am supposed to do with this king of unsafe Scorpion. His teleport variation what purpose does it serve what can i do with it???? Cancel teleport once to be safe then lose my defense 2 bars for 20 seconds and then i get punished for everything???? This shit is getting me so mad
What makes you so certain that Stress Test/Beta Scorpion is what you're getting in the first place?

I'm not typically "it was a beta, bro" person but there is a TON of evidence to suggest that a LOT has changed since that build of the game. People've observed changes to breakaway and the devs themselves highlit changes to both dashes and Jade. Dashes are buffed. Jade has a midscreen pop-up. Breakaway deprives you of defense meter for longer. They're responding very clearly and loudly to player feedback. Do you think they just ignored all of what was said about Scorpion? Do you think they want a character that most people very vocally believe isn't playable without a very specific 2-slot ability?

I'm not gonna make any promises, but I think there's a lot of evidence to provide, at the very least, solid hope that Scorpion has more going for him at release, regardless of whether or not he has Misery Blade equipped. Relax, man.

Scorpion will be good pro gamers and YouTube streamers said people were figuring it out at the end of the beta .
He was trash in the beta. If you’re really good at the game you’ll be good no matter who you pick but it is harder to win with him than starlet or kabal or baraka. Hopefully they reworked him in the final build tho

What makes you so certain that Stress Test/Beta Scorpion is what you're getting in the first place?

I'm not typically "it was a beta, bro" person but there is a TON of evidence to suggest that a LOT has changed since that build of the game. People've observed changes to breakaway and the devs themselves highlit changes to both dashes and Jade. Dashes are buffed. Jade has a midscreen pop-up. Breakaway deprives you of defense meter for longer. They're responding very clearly and loudly to player feedback. Do you think they just ignored all of what was said about Scorpion? Do you think they want a character that most people very vocally believe isn't playable without a very specific 2-slot ability?

I'm not gonna make any promises, but I think there's a lot of evidence to provide, at the very least, solid hope that Scorpion has more going for him at release, regardless of whether or not he has Misery Blade equipped. Relax, man.

They already said in the kombat kast that the variations in the Beta are not in the final build plus they have a ton of updates coming including more pre set variations coming to ranked

Not to mention, they’ve also specifically stated that the beta variations were not the tournament variations. I think they’ve still been working on them since it was so recent that they decided on that. We’ll see updates in the day one patch.

It's important to not to take these variations too seriously...
... BUT just mentally prepare yourselves in case they are the final tournament variations for some of the characters.

It's the same for Kano as it was in the tournament Kombat Kast (and I haven't been personally thrilled for Kano's since Friday lol).
One variation was the exact same for Jax (he had one slot missing on the other).

So many people are putting all their hopes into this day one patch.

All I'm saying is to hope for the best, but don't be too shocked if some of these are final.

Last edited:
It's important to not to take these variations too seriously...
... BUT just mentally prepare yourselves in case they are the final tournament variations for some of the characters.

It's the same for Kano as it was in the tournament Kombat Kast (and I haven't been personally thrilled for Kano's since Friday lol).
One variation was the exact same for Jax (he had one slot missing on the other).

So many people are putting all their hopes into this day one patch.

All I'm saying is to hope for the best, but don't be too shocked if some of these are final.
Worst case scenario, hopefully this'll just be a rough start to an otherwise great mode in the long run. On top of adding more ranked variations as the game goes on, they did say that they'll consider allowing custom variations outright. It might be a bit of a wait, but we've had to deal with MKX's crappy launch netcode for half a year before they fixed that, so it's definitely a fix that's within their ability.

Oh dear, those presets need Jesus. I can only really speak for Kabal but if the rest of the cast's are as bad as his . . .

The selection of specials are baffling, there's almost no synergy whatsoever.

On the plus side did anyone notice the [conflicts with] thing that was added to the bottom of the abilities, implying that certain moves cannot be equipped together regardless of available slots. Sounds like an effort to limit player choices for character customization to help with balancing, which only matters if customs will be made tournament/ranked legal (bit of a reach, I know).

Oh dear, those presets need Jesus. I can only really speak for Kabal but if the rest of the cast's are as bad as his . . .

The selection of specials are baffling, there's almost no synergy whatsoever.

On the plus side did anyone notice the [conflicts with] thing that was added to the bottom of the abilities, implying that certain moves cannot be equipped together regardless of available slots. Sounds like an effort to limit player choices for character customization to help with balancing, which only matters if customs will be made tournament/ranked legal (bit of a reach, I know).
That "conflicts with" thing has been in since the reveal build.

And Kabal's variations that were chosen are about on track with what they chose for Kano, and his are final according to the Kombat Kast.
They didn't give Kano any of his combo special move combo extenders either. Kabal is missing a slot though so I wouldn't be surprised if that missing space got filled.

Damn I really want Gutted but I don't want to get rid of chop chop :/

Also can anyone tell if Kollector has his command grab? I couldn't tell maybe I missed it.