What's new

(Spoiler) I discovered who is the mysterious character from the Official Launch Trailer.

I discovered who is the mysterious character from the Official Launch Trailer.
I'm talking about this guy (Click to enlarge)

We have all seen that it is a fusion of Raiden and Liu Kang, not only because of fire and electricity, but also because of his hat on his back

He IS an existing character and is from MK Mythologies: Sub Zero.
Yes, he is the Fire God.

Yes, he has "Raiden's hat", it's very obvious, but that's not the most important clue I came to realize this.
I found a character called FireGod in the game files, so I decided to dig a little deeper and discovered that it uses the assets and the moveset is basically Liu Kang's.
I have no doubts, it's him.
It does not appear in the screen of character selection, so I assume that it will be accessed as in MK X Cyber Sub Zero was accessed.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I really think Raiden and Liu Kang fused.

NRS has been refusing to use any other god other than Raiden, kinda doubtful they would dig that deep to fish for legends such as Kajin.
Besides Kajin doesn't have electricity and that's definitely Liu kang's body

JINNOCIDE

I only show up when a new game's around
I saw the same archives, it does have the name "Fire God Liu Kang". It must be like a "premium skin" a la Injustice.

I really think Raiden and Liu Kang fused.

NRS has been refusing to use any other god other than Raiden, kinda doubtful they would dig that deep to fish for legends such as Kajin.
Besides Kajin doesn't have electricity and that's definitely Liu kang's body
Yes, it's fused but in the game the character is called Fire God, now seems they used this to bring back this MKM character

Chints

Noob
You are correct. Can confirm, that is indeed, Fire God Liu Kang.

Young Liu Kang and Kung Lao meet their Revenant selves in battle and are told that Raiden is the reason they became zombies. Liu Kang is naive and doesnt believe this whereas Kung Lao takes things with a grain of salt.

Young Raiden is informed of his fate by Cassie. He is told about his darker self and how Shinnok's amulet corrupted him. Raiden seeks out the amulet in secret and has it with him. He goes full on Bilbo Baggins and lashes out at Liu Kang as everyone is getting ready to make their way to Kronika's keep. Liu Kang realizes his revenant self was right and they start fighting. That is until Raiden has more visions.

A culmination of his MK9 visions perhaps. In what is perhaps the best cutscene of the story mode, Raiden comes to the realization that these events have taken place before. That Kronika has manipulated the two of them through multiple timelines to end up at this moment. A moment where they despise each other and where Liu Kang always dies.

Kronika shows up to put in motion the next part of her plans. She manages to capture Liu Kang and take him back to the keep where the remaining Revenants keep an eye on him. Revenant Liu absorbs the soul of his younger self to become stronger, leaving young Liu left for dead. He heads towards the Earthrealmers to finally exact vengeance and kill Raiden.

Raiden, desperate at this point (and realizing he's been a shit protector of Earthrealm, ready to pass on the mantle to someone actually worthy) grabs Revenant Liu and teleports both their beings into Young Liu Kangs near dead body. (There's other stuff here but this is the gist of it.)

But yea anyway, teleporty fusion shenanigans. Bam. Fire God Liu Kang.