What's new

General/Other - Predator Speculations on Predator's Gameplay

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
This is like every TYMers dream, i have to tell that i'm excited myself to see what will NRS do with him, i've seen some posts speculating on how predator will possibly be like, but i couldn't keep track of them, so don't hold back in here, this is what i think:

Based on the DLC model we've Spoted on the Reveal:

Took me immediatley to the following Model

We might have in hands a fast and agile predator instead of the Huge and Bulky one initially, according to the size in the reveal he might not be as big or larger.

So what tools do you see NRS going for predator?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I think he might have the Net Gun as universal moves, Rockets i doubt it, but Plasma Gun might be a universal move, and in one variation might shoot in different angles

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Are you a sweet tooth supporter?

:DOGE
No, I don't even know who Sweet Tooth is lol. I'd rather NRS just focussed on MK characters and giving the ones with potential a chance. I get that guest characters bring in money but it's almost like they're not confident enough in a game with just MK characters...

SLy

Noob
I can definitley see the robots being infused into Predators movesets. Perfect way to compesate for them not being on the official roster. Probably the reason why they decided not to do Spawn.

Atriox

Here... I am a god!
wonder if hell be somewhat similar to cyrax
The only similar moves I see them have is the net, really. I don't really get why people always think they're similar or will be similar, Predator is a big, strong alien with loooots of different gadgets and weapons, while Cyrax is a yellow robot with bombs and buzz saws and a capoeira fighting style. Again, they only really share the net. And even between the nets there's different properties.

Hexin_Wishes

Likes nerds with big ...
Yeah definitely not my dream because I don't even like the fucker.

Anyways, seeing as how my girl Mimi had the random Ethereal variation, I fully expect this Jamaican alien to have a knock-off of that.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
No, I don't even know who Sweet Tooth is lol. I'd rather NRS just focussed on MK characters and giving the ones with potential a chance. I get that guest characters bring in money but it's almost like they're not confident enough in a game with just MK characters...
There is nothing i would want more is in indeed an MK game without any outside guests, although i always said before, if MK has to have a guest it definitely should be Predator.
The MK Robots designs were inspired in him, Cyrax hand saw, Net, self destruct, Smoke Harpoon, Cloak Device etc etc.

So just this once, i'm actually okay with it and excited to try him out, its not about selling, i think this one is a bonus.

Dwarfmp

Enthusiast
There is nothing i would want more is in indeed an MK game without any outside guests, although i always said before, if MK has to have a guest it definitely should be Predator.
The MK Robots designs were inspired in him, Cyrax hand saw, Net, self destruct, Smoke Harpoon, Cloak Device etc etc.

So just this once, i'm actually okay with it and excited to try him out, its not about selling, i think this one is a bonus.
They're better than Freddy. It's just too bad it's two guest characters now. No offense to the fans, but I would prefer Klassics over guests any time.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
They're better than Freddy. It's just too bad it's two guest characters now. No offense to the fans, but I would prefer Klassics over guests any time.
I never got the whole "Freddy doesn't fit with MK" thing, he's a demon from another realm....remind you of anyone? And even in MK9 I actually liked his moves and how he played despite not being an MK character. That's just a testament to NRS' talent though. I expect that they'll make Predator and Jasons movesets cool too.

Still don't want guest characters.

ando1184

Noob
I can see predator having either a claw variation or a lance(spear) variation since this game is catering to at least one variation being weapon based for characters with weapons. Stealth cloak, net, and shoulder blaster I see as universal specials across all 3 variations. I also think at least 1 variation will be mask less, this guys gonna rock.

The only similar moves I see them have is the net, really. I don't really get why people always think they're similar or will be similar, Predator is a big, strong alien with loooots of different gadgets and weapons, while Cyrax is a yellow robot with bombs and buzz saws and a capoeira fighting style. Again, they only really share the net. And even between the nets there's different properties.
Maybe people think they are similar because the whole fucking image of a Cyber-ninja back in MK3 was an actual knock off of Predator:/
Edit: Cyrax's net and self destruct fatality was definitely a nod to Predator, while Sector's move set was inspired by Star wars' Boba Fett)

Atriox

Here... I am a god!
Maybe people think they are similar because the whole fucking image of a Cyber-ninja back in MK3 was an actual knock off of Predator:/
Edit: Cyrax's net and self destruct fatality was definitely a nod to Predator, while Sector's move set was inspired by Star wars' Boba Fett)
How is a cyber ninja a knock off of an alien hunter though? Apart from the two moves they share. I see the similarities between Sektor and Boba Fett, but imo Cyrax and Predator are nothing alike. Even Fulgore is more Predator-like than Cyrax.

How is a cyber ninja a knock off of an alien hunter though? Apart from the two moves they share. I see the similarities between Sektor and Boba Fett, but imo Cyrax and Predator are nothing alike. Even Fulgore is more Predator-like than Cyrax.
Dude, that's a known fact that predator was an inspiration for both Fulgore and MK's cyber-ninja's: the dreads, the mask , some moves, smokes invisibility maybe... I don't mean storywise... Of course cyber-ninja and an alien hunter are different concepts, but they look all too much alike and use similar moves in this particular case)