What's new

Speculation: Chameleon is DLC

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
I’ve never made a speculation thread before as I usually don’t like believing things without hard proof, but with NRS’ history with certain characters and how the leak seems to be shaping things up, I think I can say Chameleon is a strong contender to be DLC.

Case 1: Triborg and TMNT. In the last 2 previous NRS games, we had a DLC character that functioned as 4 similar, yet different characters. Triborg consisted of Smoke, Cyber Sub, Sektor and Cyrax, whole TMNT consisted of Raphael, Michaelangelo, Donatello and Leonardo. If NRS decides to keep that trend going, Chameleon perfectly fits as he functions as multiple ninjas. Which brings me to case 2...

Case 2: The leaks. Not going to spoil a lot for those who haven’t seen it yet, but what I will say is it’s not looking good for Ermac, Rain, Smoke or Reptile...or is it? Those 4 characters are ninjas, who from what we’ve seen, aren’t in the game. But again, with how NRS has done DLC characters lately, Chameleon could very easily be done with a variation for each ninja (like Triborg).

Again, this is all speculation, but it seems like this could happen. Discuss.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
This actually feels pretty plausible to me. Especially if he were in a Kombat Pack 2 like Triborg, to drum up re-interest in the game after it's been out for a long time.
Yes that too. I didn’t even realize how both TMNT and Triborg were a part of the last DLCs. Nice catch

Last edited:

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
Initial instinct is to counter-speculate that there's no way in hell they can consolidate those four characters' distinct styles into one but well, shit, they did pull it off pretty well in the past. I can get behind this.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
Plot twist: Each character is just a different three point ability that changes the majority of Chameleon’s moveset.

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
I don't know. Just from a lore stand point how does that work with ermac, smoke and rain? With reptile sure I can see that but the others...

I guess it's the same thing with it out being lore.

Honestly I think Ermac, Rain, Smoke and reptile are in.

But you bring up a good point. Combination charaters seem to be a running theme these last few years. So I wouldn't be surprised if it's the male Ninjas or female ninjas.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
I could see it but how would they do the personalities? Would Chameleon be impersonating Smoke and co? I think instead of variations being specifically like another character I would like to see Chameleon brought back but just have a ton of different Ninja moves from Reptile to Tremor. So he'd be sort of an homage to the some of those ninjas but would still be his own thing as a wacky copy cat character.

It would go good with the Kustom Variation thing, he could be the "make a Ninja" character.

Jeremy KO

*insert kotal kahn gibberish here*
So would chameleon work as in you can mix and match ermac/reptile/smoke moves interchangably with slots? that would be interesting.

Chuckyscookie

Here's to hoping.
The leaks. Not going to spoil a lot for those who haven’t seen it yet, but what I will say is it’s not looking good for Ermac, Rain, Smoke or Reptile...or is it? Those 4 characters are ninjas, who from what we’ve seen, aren’t in the game. But again, with how NRS has done DLC characters lately, Chameleon could very easily be done with a variation for each ninja (like Triborg).Discuss.
One problem I see with this is that there aren't fixed variations like in MKX. So you couldn't do one Ermac, one Rain etc. They way this game works, you'd have different moves from the characters selectable to make your own build. And I'm not sure if that's what they want. MAYBE they could make it so that you get all moves of one character for three slots so that you can't mix. But I'm not sure if this idea works out with the custom variations.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I don't understand people's fascination with Chameleon, he just borrows other character's moves. I would much rather have Human smoke and Rain.

zerosebaz

What's the point of a random Krypt?
I hated it with triborg, and would hate it here as well. Make him his own character if you want, but relegating the other characters to variations feels disrespectful.

Metin

Ermac & Smoke Main
I am not sure that i will like or dislike but to me Ermac, Reptile and Smoke are too strong characters to be a part of a less important character like Chameleon. They are big names..

RYX

BIG PUSHER
As someone who likes Chameleon I would prefer if Chameleon became his own character and not just Triborg but for the non-robots

He's like cult iconic as a Trilogy hidden boss, he deserves to be awesome

Lokheit

Noob
On one hand, here we don't have closed variations, on the other hand, not having closed variations but mixing each character move was chameleon thing so it could work, but never representing the full version of each ninja, only their combined skills.