What's new

Specific things to discuss about...

Madzin

FEAR ME!
No Problem.
Its a very succesable tool. Kabal is at that point forced to block it or get hit by it.
Win/Win Situation not a optimal one but hey its something and if he things EX ND is safe nope he gets vulnerable>block disabled.

InFlames

dead
Since we're talking tech I could use some help.

Lately I've been trying to find a way to incorporate this in actual match

If possible this could eliminate most wakeup options in the wall.

Wakeup - They fall for 50%.
Armored Wakeup - They get damaged(depends on how long that armor is active) and they fall for 50%. Characters like Sonya or Sheeva as shown can even result in 100% damage.
Jump - They fall for 50%, this cannot be jumped at all.

This would only work on most characters of course. As some wakeups are full-screen along with Teleports.

The only close thing I've gotten to actually be viable is the usual Portal-EX UpKnee into Blackhole into a well timed EX Blackhole.

Every wall combo should end in a Portal reset, so getting them in the Portal for this shouldn't be hard. Though I could use other people to test certain things.

Madzin

FEAR ME!
InFlames

Yeah I thought about that too.
Is it possible to activate the glitch within a Portal, to Clone Reset? Like: Portal behind, Shadow Charge, Ex-Upknee , Portal behind, Slide , Portal Infront?

Well the problem with this Glitch in the Corner is that you have to know 100% that they fall trough it and the inputs are different from those of midscreen. Or what have you been thinking?

What test do you need?

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
I agree 100% that Noob is a very complicated character and has the potential to compete at high level without a doubt. Noob is such a bad ass character. My all time favorite for sure.

InFlames

dead
InFlames

Yeah I thought about that too.
Is it possible to activate the glitch within a Portal, to Clone Reset? Like: Portal behind, Shadow Charge, Ex-Upknee , Portal behind, Slide , Portal Infront?

Well the problem with this Glitch in the Corner is that you have to know 100% that they fall trough it and the inputs are different from those of midscreen. Or what have you been thinking?

What test do you need?
The Charge won't work midscreen, in the wall it could but you would have to use 2-3 Ex UpKnee's depending on the height and do NJP-Whatever move into the UpKnee's instead of just UpKnee. The inputs are the same, but you would have to find a way to keep your opponent in place. In some situations you can cross-up while they are down and do JIP-2~Ex Blackhole. This will time it right every time but can't guarantee safeness.

I could use some people to test Teleports on this. To see if they fall since I'm not too sure about them.

Also, regarding the first statement. B214~Portal into Slide could be possible since you can do the 45% off of a Charge reset, so the Slide could give you the timing you need.

Madzin I was reading through this thread and saw you asking about how exactly to input Noob's jk~teleport option select, I made a quick video to help you out

Basically while you are jumping at your oponnent, you want to hit down, 3, up. Hitting 3, down, up, will cause you to use a teleport every time, but using down, 3, up will make it so your teleport only comes out if the jump kick hits your opponent. (you can also use 4 instead of 3, whichever kick button you prefer)

One thing to note though is that it only seems to work off of deep jump kicks... whenever I tried using high jump kicks with the option select it didn't seem to work. But, I only tried for a few minutes and I don't play noob at all so maybe my execution is just poor.

Here is the video, watch my inputs hopefully it helps you

Madzin

FEAR ME!
FrothyOmen

Perfect!
Its not a huge thing but definately a very good tool to use.
I think you can somehow get the option select too after a normal blocked JK.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Since we're talking tech I could use some help.

Lately I've been trying to find a way to incorporate this in actual match

The only close thing I've gotten to actually be viable is the usual Portal-EX UpKnee into Blackhole into a well timed EX Blackhole.
I have a possible mid-screen portal setup:

It can be poked out of after the first portal. You can also replace the 1,2 with up knee and it should still work.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Also these 2 possible meterless infinites against Shang and Kenshi:

Let me know what you think... I apologize if this stuff has been found and that's why I'm asking here rather than make a new thread.

Madzin InFlames

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
With standing there blocking it looks like they can tech roll and jump out
Thanks for the comment. I'm pretty sure they can jump out too. However, you may be able to stand back a bit and block and react to the jump with an upknee and reset the situation. I was not able to test this. The positioning to do this would be from :30 on in the shang video. Close enough to hit them with the 2, but far enough to react to the jump with upknee.

Wemfs

I have a possible mid-screen portal setup:

It can be poked out of after the first portal. You can also replace the 1,2 with up knee and it should still work.
It can be more than poked out of. It can be full combo punished, but most of the time people never really punish the portal when canceled into on block. There's a 21 frame window for your opponent to punish ya I believe.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
It can be more than poked out of. It can be full combo punished, but most of the time people never really punish the portal when canceled into on block. There's a 21 frame window for your opponent to punish ya I believe.
Right. Cancel advantage on 2,1 is +25. Portal has a 13 frame start up. 1 is 11 frames. I'm not sure what the recovery is on portal. Maybe 5 frames?
It's definitely not in Noob's favor.

1,2 is just there to make the timing right for the blackhole glitch but there are other options like d3 (7 frames), d1 (8 frames), 2 (10 frames), upknee (16 frames) that could make this safer or at least provide a mix-up. Also, up knee can replace the 1,2 and it will lower your hurtbox while catching them trying to jump over you. Blocked up-knee puts them in the portal. Only problem with upknee is that it's slow and the timing is a little more difficult because you have to do 2 in a row consecutively.

Vocket

Day 1 Phenomenal Teth-Adam Player
Right. Cancel advantage on 2,1 is +25. Portal has a 13 frame start up. 1 is 11 frames. I'm not sure what the recovery is on portal. Maybe 5 frames?
It's definitely not in Noob's favor.
Portal has 13 frames of startup but 46 frames as its duration. Subtract the cancel advantage of 25 from the duration and you get 46 - 25 which equals 21 frames in recovery. The 13 frames of start up mean that the portal is coming out even if you get hit. If you are feeling ballsy you can a foward portal and they will fall into it if they try to punish you in the recovery frames.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Portal has 13 frames of startup but 46 frames as its duration. Subtract the cancel advantage of 25 from the duration and you get 46 - 25 which equals 21 frames to punish you. The 13 frames of start up mean that the portal is coming out even if you get hit. If you are feeling ballsy you can a foward portal and they will fall into it if they try to punish you in the recovery frames.
Definitely like the in front portal mix up. Get them scared to punish, then do an above portal the next time :D.

I had no idea the portal had so many recovery frames. It looks so fast!

Wemfs

In front portal is something I need to incorporate more into my game.

a_guardian_devil

"We share blood, we are not brothers!"
i get alot of people with this,

doing any string and end it with in front portal, some people jump so they eat the portal, others try to apply pressure and they fall, if they jumped back they eat shadow tackle. its a good defense mechanism just dont get too predictable with it

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
i get alot of people with this,

doing any string and end it with in front portal, some people jump so they eat the portal, others try to apply pressure and they fall, if they jumped back they eat shadow tackle. its a good defense mechanism just dont get too predictable with it
and smart people throw so you dont get anything.

same with up missiles and upskulls

Wemfs

I have to bump this thread.

The F43 beating certain wake-ups is interesting. Def gotta look more into that.

Madzin I'm curious to know what other portal ideas you have in mind and also about that corner combo blackhole combo that is only escapable by wake-ups.

Wemfs

There are certain portal setups that will catch the opponent if they decide jump back.

Off a njp:

F43~behind portal
B214 but I like to do B2, B214~behind portal for the extra hit.
B2, 12, 12~Ex upknee~behind portal.
B2, F333~behind portal

This might already be known and there might be other kinds of setups. These are the ones I've found.

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
ive been using noobs f4 3 ex portal in my corner combos just a little something extra for those who know my noob tricks