What's new

Breakthrough Special Hitconfirm Cancelling and its effects on Smoke

View this thread/video from J360 first.

http://testyourmight.com/threads/special-cancelling.14784/

Brainstorming time. How can we apply this to smoke's game? It seems like b23 is the only string that really benefits from this as 3d12 is not special cancellable, and none of smoke's usual strings link into smoke bomb midscreen (I'M LOOKING AT YOU, 214. ANGRILY)

b23 bomb
b23 telepunch d1 bomb (corner)
214 bomb (corner)

Anything else? 3d1 is special cancellable, but is in fact useless because 1. nobody can react that fast and 2. you might as well just go for the 3d12 d1 bomb or whatever other silliness tickles you at that point in time. same with 21 but you have to commit to that, your reactions have to be GDLK to use this hitconfirm technique on that string.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
Wouldnt have thought this that useful other than braindead hitconfirming 214 into smokebomb in the corner (EX sb midscreen maybe).

If you stop the smokebomb you can just take your spacing and go for whatever you like, but miss out on drift away on block.

Same reason i wouldnt bother doing this with b2,3 you tend to hitconfirm it to smokebomb , or drift back on block.

Shiny tech though, smoke doesnt benefit from it nearly as much as other characters do.

G4S KT

Gaming4Satan Founder
I've been blown up for dialing b23 > tpunch while in range for a corner combo. That's probably what it's best for. 214 in the corner isn't bad. 21 is too fast to use this tech.

What we REALLY need to test is if we can dial SB but then cancel that into smoke drift, ya hurd?

As in, dial b23 xx SB and attempt to cancel the dialed SB into smoke drift on block.

smokey

EX Ovi should launch
, dial b23 xx SB and attempt to cancel the dialed SB into smoke drift on block.
GREAT SCOTT you may be on to something.

Gonna test this when i get home from work, if you can cancel one special with another special thats like cheese in a can with added cheese, but friggin godlike.