What's new

Tech - Special Forces Special Forces Corner Vortex

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
Maybe a stupid question but i havn't played both when i'm asking myself if spec forces sonya works a little like summ quan or is this statement not making any sense? And if so being the case, what's spec forces lacking in opposite to summ quan for her being less common online? just wondering
No it doens't.
Becuase Demolition exists.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Exactly lol
I find cancelling the drone on the first hit harder than the second hit, and I find linking it quite difficult, so I just dont.
Also hard to blockable on wakeup? :eek:
2134 ender, delay slightly; blck+4, b14

The low hits first then the overhead right after. It's a 2 frame fuzzy block. You don't get much out of it though, just the b142 but it's still pretty neat. If they wake up their armour is broken. If they fuzzy block it consistently you can go b3 instead of b1 and make it a low, low block instead.

dennycascade

UPR_ghastem
Looked through all the tech in this thread and messed around for a bit trying to optimize it... I'm disgusted at what I found.

In the second part you have to delay the low kamikaze a little longer if you want a full combo into safe drone call, so you won't be breaking armor with that, but that part comes after you've conditioned them into not trying to wake up.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Looked through all the tech in this thread and messed around for a bit trying to optimize it... I'm disgusted at what I found.

In the second part you have to delay the low kamikaze a little longer if you want a full combo into safe drone call, so you won't be breaking armor with that, but that part comes after you've conditioned them into not trying to wake up.
You get more damage off the combo with;

12, b2, 12, 12, 2134 iirc.

I like the d2 though. It's probably more consistent.

Yeah, this is the tech I'm talking about. You can get the same set up from the low as well, just have to cancel b332 before the second hit of the 2 from b332 comes out.

You can also use ex bf2 instead for the same setup.

Tech roll stuffs with this slightly although there is a universal timing that will stuff all wakeups and give you the HTB regardless of whether or not they tech roll.

colby4898

2134 ender, delay slightly; blck+4, b14

The low hits first then the overhead right after. It's a 2 frame fuzzy block. You don't get much out of it though, just the b142 but it's still pretty neat. If they wake up their armour is broken. If they fuzzy block it consistently you can go b3 instead of b1 and make it a low, low block instead.
You get more damage off the combo with;

12, b2, 12, 12, 2134 iirc.

I like the d2 though. It's probably more consistent.

Yeah, this is the tech I'm talking about. You can get the same set up from the low as well, just have to cancel b332 before the second hit of the 2 from b332 comes out.

You can also use ex bf2 instead for the same setup.

Tech roll stuffs with this slightly although there is a universal timing that will stuff all wakeups and give you the HTB regardless of whether or not they tech roll.
The only thing about this tech is I don't think it's actually that hard to block as the low always is first. Is it not just a guaranteed 50/50 after low kami? Obviously low~overhead~low~overhead is a nice string to get them to block but idk if it could be classed as a htb?

Although I think this could just be me convincing myself it's not, because I've dropped characters when I found they had hard to blockables before because they're the cancer of the game imo lol

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
Awesome Guide @colby4898 and i dissagree with others on here. i think JIP1 and dive kick combos are very Viable. given the current meta and what the matchup is, they may not have fast advancing moves to AA or may not have good AA's and have to guess between aPlethra of Mixups on JIP or possible Divekick. its very Viable at even the higheslt levels. and thanks for putting together such an Awesome guide on one of my Favorite Variations in the game.

im starting to pick up Special Forces right now. hope she does not get Nerfed in the upcommin patch, hope they nerf Demo and Leave Special Forces in tact and possibly fix what needs to be fixed in this variation.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
Awesome Guide @colby4898 and i dissagree with others on here. i think JIP1 and dive kick combos are very Viable. given the current meta and what the matchup is, they may not have fast advancing moves to AA or may not have good AA's and have to guess between aPlethra of Mixups on JIP or possible Divekick. its very Viable at even the higheslt levels. and thanks for putting together such an Awesome guide on one of my Favorite Variations in the game.

im starting to pick up Special Forces right now. hope she does not get Nerfed in the upcommin patch, hope they nerf Demo and Leave Special Forces in tact and possibly fix what needs to be fixed in this variation.
Looks like they nerfed her b1. This will definitely hurt special forces.

colby4898

@colby4898 it's hella slow now lol. Looks slower than Tremor's overhead by the looks of it.
I like that. Seems like 50/50s are being toned down across the board. Assuming special forces specifics dont get changed shes still gonna have everything else that makes her good.

MadeOfMetal

Looks like they nerfed her b1. This will definitely hurt special forces.
i missed the link where is it? why would her B1 be nerfed, it already had a gap? who Tweeted it. i looked at Boon's, Paulos, Honeybee's, Sonics, Tylers, Kethcup and mustards, Steves, Derek's. and nothing. Anyways Panic who Posted it? i appreciated it? or casn you give me the link?

Also guys it seems that they are letting the character loyalists post there characters stuff. maybe. i know 16bit works there, but maybe they will let @PND_Ketchup know about Sektor and @PND_Mustard know about Cyrax?
you guys will let us know right? ;)

Wait: @Pan1cMode you guys are not talking about this are you?

cuz that is slowed down to see the Armor. i put it in a frame capture program, and it went from 60FPS to 30FPS so double the time in frames. so her B1 looks like its twice as long but its not. they Slowed down that part of the video.

but if there is another link share it doggie.

Last edited:

MadeOfMetal

@colby4898 also have you tried any of her Frame Traps, i have been using the High starters even though they can be Low Profiled. it seems her 11 xx 1+BLK, 121 xx 1+BLK, and then repeat 121 2 ximtes with OH which is +3 on block, and then the low version that is something around plus 30 in game data, but only feels like plus 15. but what im saying is do you guys use any of her MID's to frame trap midscreen / corner? seems like an awesome tool to make them armor.

NOTICE:
maybe my definition of Frame Trap is different, i thik of a frame trap means they can't use normals or specials but can Armor. and a Blockstring Jails and they can't armor.
thats my definition of it. so maybe you will understand what im talking about better knowing what i call a Frame Trap. i do this because other games are like this. not sure if its what most of TYM calls a Frame Trap but its alot easier to say FT than explaine my entire version.

thats whats been fun for me with her. she is a very cool variation. and i used demo for so long and waited all that time, when the perfect pocket was right there all along.