What's new

Spawn Kombos!

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Going to create this now and then add some of the kombos I've pieced together. Feel free to post your own!

To cancel f413 into a special, you have to input the whole string, but then cancel into the special immediately. So, canceling into bf1 would look like f413bf1, all dialed in quickly.

From Hell (Machine Guns)
  • Best Punishes:
    • 11~db3: 14% meterless into +5 restand, 7-frame starter
    • 24~db3: 16% meterless into +5 restand, 10-frame starter
    • Any b1 kombo if they are more then -13
  • b12-24~db3: 24% meterless into +4 restand
  • b12-24~bf3: 23% meterless unbreakable
  • b12-24~db3.amp: 31% 1-bar
  • b12-24~bf1.amp: 30% 1-bar
  • f413~bf2: 18% meterless
  • f413~db3: 17% meterless into +5 restand; amplify for 25%
  • (corner only) f413~bf1: 12% meterless into +7 restand
  • f413~bf1.amp: 20% 1-bar
  • 34~bf2: 18% meterless
  • 34~db3: 17% into +5 restand; amp for 25%
  • 34~db1: 15% into +3 restand; amp for 22%
  • f23~bf1: 14% into +7 restand; amp for 22%
  • f23~db3: 19% into +5 restand; amp for 27%
The One (Launcher)
  • This variation's gameplan is to confirm any string into bf3.amp to launch. You can then end any juggle with 24~db3 for the most damaging ender into a +4 or +5 restand.
  • The exception is when you start with b12, you want to do b12-24~bf3.amp-1~db3 for 34% 1-bar into the restand.
  • In the corner, after the df3.amp hits, you need to dash back before doing the 24~db3 followup.
Hellspawn (Command Grab)
  • The only real kombo you can get is b12-21~bf2 for 26% meterless. You can amp for 28% + invisibility
  • Side-switch: b21-24~db4d: 24% meterless, amp for 28% and no side-switch
  • Command Grab Setups
    • b1~bf2 will connect on block. The opponent will want to stand-block to avoid b21, so this should be a very effective tick.
    • The command grab will whiff against crouch-blocking opponents. Since Spawn lacks any other reasons besides b21 to make the opponent stand-block, any other tick throw options are just gimmicks against an ignorant opponent.

Last edited:

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Seems like his damage may be a little low huh? Love that he has plus restands though.
The variation I'm working on now isn't really his kombo variation. That's his 2nd variation, and it shits 30%+ off any minor conversion.

xKMMx

Banned
The variation I'm working on now isn't really his kombo variation. That's his 2nd variation, and it shits 30%+ off any minor conversion.
Oh nice. Im more of rushdown get in and get out player so bagging big damage off any hit is right up my alley. How are his normal?

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Oh nice. Im more of rushdown get in and get out player so bagging big damage off any hit is right up my alley. How are his normal?
He doesn't have any fast mids, but he does have enormous hitboxes, and almost all of his strings are stupidly easy to hit-confirm. So, even though most of his specials are heavily minus, he still feels pretty safe since you shouldn't be canceling into them on block. I don't think he's going to be as much rushdown as whiff punishing.

RoboCop

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I'm labbing v3 rn. It doesnt have much combo ability but the mind games are real and I love me a command grab
If you can land a b1 punish, you can get b12-24~bf2 for around 27% meterless.

Last edited:

Kind cows

Kano main. Still a scrub
Thats about his highest damage. Even in the corner. 11 db4 d1 11 bf3 is only 20% and it is not easy to land
Its tight as hell but its possible to 11 db4 24 into your ender but it still doesnt go over 20% meterless... You cannot land db4d, db3, or bf2 off of it. Bf3 amp gives you about 21% bf1 gives you about 24%. Very low damage variation

Agilaz

It has begun
I should've known v3 was gonna be the worst one when I decided I liked it during the Kast. NRS curse strikes again

Kind cows

Kano main. Still a scrub
I should've known v3 was gonna be the worst one when I decided I liked it during the Kast. NRS curse strikes again
Same. I'm not a zoner I prefer being in your mf guts. And v3 being a zone heavy variation is a let down. I'm a dark fate, ripper main. Like fuck your nuech I'm comin for ya.

Agilaz

It has begun
Same. I'm not a zoner I prefer being in your mf guts. And v3 being a zone heavy variation is a let down. I'm a dark fate, ripper main. Like fuck your nuech I'm comin for ya.
The zoning part isn't what bothers me. Its that most of the stuff he has is very slow and it's not like he's much of a threat with the damage he does. His other two variations can be genuinely scary. I don't see why anybody would pick v3, b1-chain grab isn't enough to carry it

Kind cows

Kano main. Still a scrub
So far what ive found for v3. Bd4d is the optimal damage ender. There is only 1 string to setup bf2 off of. 24 is easier to connect in the corner after db4. B1 tick is not that strong given it can be ducked and jumped out of. Rn its a good mind game because people dont know but it will quickly ve learned by the people who care. Db3 is safe on block so its optimal ender on block. You have to zone aggressively with this variation to make it work.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
For the 2nd variation, B12-F2/EX Charge-2,4/Phantasm gets 36%
Also, off his throw KB you can jump in/Glide J2,F2,3/EX Charge-J2/Glide J2-F2/Phantasm gets 54%

Dezrik

Noob
Found these while labbing. The jump ins at the start barely add 1% more damage, just fyi. Also, I just found out some of these combos either have pretty tight links or might not work universally across the cast. You might have to make slight adjustments depending on the character. But here are some ideas for combos.

EDIT: More combos.

Last edited:

Yousef

Noob
I literally just got access to spawn like an hour ago and practiced him alittle thx to my friend , he's big on whiff punishing and has decent overhead/low strings
He seems solid and I guess after players get all his gimmicks (a week or two ) he's gonna be a beast online , I like the half screen command grab tho

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
F23 is his most damaging starter but its hard to connect the ender.

The most easy convert is using F21 into db3.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Found a route with glide in the corner. Seems to be the most optimal for meterless damage off B12 starter.

B12, instant jump back 1xxdb2b j3, 24, db3. 28-34%

V3 Corner:

34~DB4, dash, d1~BF3(187)

F21~DB4, D1~BF3(188)

F21~DB4, 11~BF3(205)

F21~DB4, 11~BF2 Hold Amp - (233, Invisibility setup)

Corner (Invisible):

F21~DB4, 11~BF2 Hold Amp KB (334, Invisibility setup)

Uses one bar of defense to go invisible on top the offensive bar.
For the invisible corner combo I keep reappearing so I can't get the KB to come out. WTH am I doing wrong lol.