What's new

Spawn Kombat Kast - Wednesday 11th (tomorrow), 3:00pm CDT

Comments

I remember someone telling me that after a patch, fuck had been censored while shit was still a thing.

I sure hope you're right, though. I mean, we have a game where people are literally butchered like pigs and they can't have the F word?
Yeah, it might've been a WB thing or some weird thing with ESRB, not too sure.

Not gonna main Spawn but I will definitely learn him for certain matchups, mostly against zoners. V1 of course. That aa gun is gonna melt every Kabal with a stuck up button. Can't wait.

It comforts me to know that I'll be able to make a custom build that'll be as close to playing Brainiac as one can get in MK11.

I have nothing bad to say. Keith David, once again, saves the entire day. Gimme Dem bullets and dat Double Float.

Spawn looks cool, sounds cool, his gameplay is cool, his gear is cool, his skins are cool...
I hope he FEELS good to play as, because I'm definitely gonna give him a try. ♥

im very excited to finally be able to play him.

But there is one thing ive noticed he doesnt seems to have a fast punish a lot of time stefani was blocking unsafe stuff she wasnt able to punish it in time with 112 or what ever the string is.

besides that SpawN look perfects.

He has everything, seriously the kombat pack chars just end up more broken and more broken by charakter. Fatal blows in that game are already a pain in the ass well he can do it whenever he pleases, has mixups, got zoning tools, a shit ton of krushing blows. That charakter just seems broken as fuck. Its like NRS doesnt even know what to do anymore, in the beginning oh yeah its a game with fundamentals, neutral no 50/50s hell that game is becoming 50/50 city and crowded with chars who give a shit about neutral

He has everything, seriously the kombat pack chars just end up more broken and more broken by charakter. Fatal blows in that game are already a pain in the ass well he can do it whenever he pleases, has mixups, got zoning tools, a shit ton of krushing blows. That charakter just seems broken as fuck. Its like NRS doesnt even know what to do anymore, in the beginning oh yeah its a game with fundamentals, neutral no 50/50s hell that game is becoming 50/50 city and crowded with chars who give a shit about neutral
That Fatal Blow buff isn't in any of his tournament variations. They just showed it off because they thought it was cool

I do not know what I think about this... I mean it is easy to yell "broken" in these combat casts (remember enchanter, people lost it over her and she basically had zero impact)... but man... Spawn looks terrible.

I mean the break away buster is just wtf.... and he literally has a single string that ends in a combo ender that dose 300 damage just from the string. So, just a single string does more damage than most of the cast from long ass combos and being able to drop the fatal blow at anytime to win a round super fast with the opponent not being able to get a turn.. I mean.. this guys really sound crazy, particularly as he has a re-stand.

And I am not even 1/2 way through the cast and this is ALL in his base set, so not even talking about variations yet.

I remember someone telling me that after a patch, fuck had been censored while shit was still a thing.

I sure hope you're right, though. I mean, we have a game where people are literally butchered like pigs and they can't have the F word?
The same game where you can split someone in two from their genitals to their skulls but can't show any skin on women.

What? Which DLC characters are broken?

The top tier is and has always been characters we’ve had since day 1: Geras, Liu, Cage, Jacqui etc.

Who even plays most of the DLC competitivey? It’s like 1-2 people.

Not very impressed with Spawn after the breakdown.

1. Limited normals. F1, B2, S3, F4. Three of them are disjoints, two of them look almost identical, the F4 is only a 2in1 cancel
  2. I don't see what the gun variation does at all. The low gun is heavily minus, slow, prone to jump ins, and not super rewarding. The anti air gun is also not very rewarding, does about as much as D2 on amp, and replaces his standard projectile. Divekick looks like it could be pretty decent
  3. Chain variation looks overtuned. Like they were too worried about it being super good. Command throw has roughly the same range as Terminator's back breaker, starts up over twice as slow, and still whiffs on crouch block. Is that for the invisibility? You already take 20% more and deal 20% less. Combo damage is passable though. Off his launcher looks like almost 30% for one bar. Low chain is -33 unamplified apparently. You also lose the slam dunk special
  4. Combo variation is fine ig, I like that he can bypass the wakeup game and deal damage. The launcher sends them out of the corner and apparently you cant do the F12, link into the amp shoulder tackle, and combo off that, but that may have just been those guys from that Spanish speaking channel failing to do it. Also glide may or may not be good.
  5. Looks like there could be a timing to breakaway from the breaker before it comes out
  6. Limited punishment range
  7. 112 seems kind of gimmicky
The good things:
  1. Obviously the presentation
  2. High damage
  3. Disjoints
  4. The strip looks really good even though I dont love it as his ender. Wish the slam dunk was his ender but I'm glad it makes any conversion rewarding
  5. Slam dunk looks like a good move. 6 frame startup on guard point, I'm assuming that's not when it starts traveling. Good KB, its a high but -4
  6. The 24U32 KB is cool. Apparently the last hit is +4, so I'm guessing theres a grab there
  7. Big body, so you know I'm about it
I def still want to give him a try and I'm only saying my impressions I've gotten from a couple videos, but I'm not seeing the hype other people are. I'll probably play him to an extent, but he doesnt look to be taking me away from Kotal/Nightwolf

I hope I'm wrong though and the total package ends up being good.