What's new

Spawn General Discussion Thread

MadPropz101

"I still got it...but not much of it"
I have Blaze of Glory for the easy 50/50. If you do B1 into Blaze of glory you often catch a lot of players with it. That move also is really good on amplify with its chip damage, I won quite some fights with the chip damage. So I def recommend it. It’s unsafe and at higher levels I don’t recommend doing it too often, but it’s still fun.
That's unsafe af tho

Onryoki

We all die alone. So love yourself before you go.
That's unsafe af tho
I know, but I love to live on the edge. Besides I only use it when I know they’re not expecting the mixup. Most people block high projectiles, so if they’re low on health I just amp it and chip their health away

Pyrosis

Gentlemen, behold! My opinion!
-Hit a two bar bnb for 46%
-Wave dash backwards
-Use it and gain back your bars in ~3 seconds
Or really just activate after any random ex projectile because it starts up in 21 frames and doesn't go away on block .
Also it builds your defensive bar back super fast. If your opponent doesn't have a solid way to punish breakaway you'll have a field day with it.
Yea bro for sure. I fucked around with it a lot after my first reply to you and damn it's fuckin devastating... lol.

I feel like Spawn's builds will be Charging Hellspawn with Plasma Pool or his other moves paired with Soul Forfeit. I believe Soul Forfeit and Charging Hellspawn together is just overkill for damage any way and pairs better with his other moves for more KBs to get out with the Forfeit.

Not to say that potentially Plasma Pool wouldn't be effective with the command throw and other builds either though. I haven't tested it but it seems like it could be effective with the Leetha Stance

MadPropz101

"I still got it...but not much of it"
I know, but I love to live on the edge. Besides I only use it when I know they’re not expecting the mixup. Most people block high projectiles, so if they’re low on health I just amp it and chip their health away
But they're not even gonna get chipped since they can block the first hit and then duck?

Onryoki

We all die alone. So love yourself before you go.
But they're not even gonna get chipped since they can block the first hit and then duck?
They can do that, but have you played online? If you expect intelligence from the gross amount of players online you are so wrong.

Jowabunga

Woooooooooooooo!
That was one of the biggest shockers to me playing online for the first time is how degenerate most of the gameplay is. You get two sets to figure out which brand of degenerate somebody is playing before you move on to the next one. With kombat league going full kustoms It's quite a shit show right now. I really feel like sets need to be longer to give people more time to adapt but I doubt very many players have the attention span for that.

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
I feel like if it goes back to FT3, they'd either need to adjust the point payout or lower the points needed to reach the different levels.

I couldn't imagine potentially playing 5 games (about 20-25 mins?) for a measly 20 points.

ATIWAB

Noob
If you could link another KB after 24u24 and D2 I'd eat my hat, I couldn't even get FB to link after those two
You can link 4 KBs and the Fatal all together, the scaling just makes it not worth it. You get nearly as much damage doing 2+the Fatal as you do all four.

Easiest order I've found is Throw KB -> dash cancel into 34 Veil KB -> slight move forward into 24u32 KB but then F and spam 1 mid-air instead during the KB animation to fall faster -> dash -> d2 KB -> dash -> 1 -> FB, which does 54.6% without the extra damage FB keypresses.

You can get 49.5% just doing Throw KB -> dash into 34 Veil KB -> slight move forward -> 2 FB.

Can also get 43% just doing B12 -> 24u32 KB with 1 spam in-air as described above -> dash d2 KB -> 24 DB3 Amp.

Doesn't make sense to chain more than 2 KBs with the diminishing returns unless that small difference is gonna clutch a round when you can split them into a 2/2 and basically delete their whole bar in two hit confirms.

Last edited:
You can technically J3 instead of the J1 after the 24U32 for slightly more damage too, but it makes the timing a lot more precise.
J3 I would use in the corner and if they don't have breakaway. Otherwise it's j1 every time since the pop up gives an armor break opportunity against fastest possible breakaway timing after that KB.

Assuming you take SF with armor break.

ATIWAB

Noob
J3 I would use in the corner and if they don't have breakaway. Otherwise it's j1 every time since the pop up gives an armor break opportunity against fastest possible breakaway timing after that KB.

Assuming you take SF with armor break.
Running SF/Charging Hellspawn right now just for more juggle opps so don't have Club.

On the original topic of KB stacking with SF, just tested two setups --

F23 Charge Amp D2 KB 2 FB
and
F23 Charge Amp 24u32 KB J1 D2 KB FB

First one actually does more damage (59.8% vs 58.0%) because of the scaling not hitting the FB ender as hard. Lol.

edit:
and
throw KB -> F23 Charge Amp -> 24u32 KB J1 D2 KB FB is only 60.9 :coffee:

Last edited:

ATIWAB

Noob
Yeah I'm not the biggest fan of Charge/SF for those reasons, and lack of mace.
I was running SF/Leetha/parry for a bit but liked the idea of the free KBs with SF you get off any hit confirm thanks to Charge amp juggle vs having to do B12 every time. Usually a free round unless I seriously fuck something up.

Spawn already gets KBs off of any touch with SF engaged anyways. Everything but s3, 24, and f21 can combo into Veil KB. 24 can go straight into its own KB from nearly anything, and d2 also works well after pretty much any launch he has. He doesn't have to start things from b12 when SF is up, it's just nice when he gets to.

Charge is fine to use, I just think it takes away more than I'm willing to give up while running SF.

Last edited:

ATIWAB

Noob
Spawn already gets KBs off of any touch with SF engaged anyways. Everything but s3, 24, and f21 can combo into Veil KB. 24 can go straight into its own KB from nearly anything, and d2 also works well after pretty much any launch he has. He doesn't have to start things from b12 when SF is up.

Charge is fine to use, I just think it takes away more than I'm willing to give up while running SF.
My line of thinking on that is that Veil KB is super low-damage with SF and unnecessarily neuters the rest of the combo's damage with the diminishing returns though, so feels like a waste of other KBs to pair anything with it unless you know you're going to finish a round with it. I find I'm more often using it as part of a restand with Phantasm and attempting to throw KB after unless I have FB and am desperate to use it. With Charge I can convert all cancelable touches into KBs on the amp juggle vs. getting the one Veil KB and weakening one of my others, which is what makes the round free.

D2 KB guaranteed, 24u34 KB guaranteed, plus the 50%+ no-KB combos you can pull off pre-SF with two bars and Charge make it worth IMO.

The upside to taking Charge has always been the damage so that's not surprising. I prefer to play around the armor mind game with mace and also just like it as a tool along with the low parry. A successful armor break yields a pretty similar outcome as using Charge, though obviously through different means.
The nice thing is Spawn always has more than enough damage and KBs to finish the round regardless of what he takes with SF; it kind of goes with everything.

Though I agree ideally winning in 2 touches always sounds nice.

Last edited:

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
Been meming with SF, Plasma pool, and his low gun shot.

Its been the biggest rob ever because its unbreakable and you can combo into it.