What's new

Spawn General Discussion Thread

Standing 1 into Fatal Phantasm turns that move into +8 on hit
Awesome to know. But what does that grant him? I don't play V2. What safe option does V2 have with even plus 8? I play V3 and at least i can KIND OF enforce shit off my plus on block strings. But if they jump when i do B1 db3 they of course can full combo punish me because db3 or db3 enhanced whiffs and this character HAS. NO. ANTIAIR. CONVERSIONS. Its super neat and all if you can B1 fireball after being plus 8 but I'd rather be able to anti air into (however small) combo like every single other character in the game.

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
Here is something for fun. It turns out that Spawn in MK11 has a Devil May Cry Easter egg hidden with him.

MadPropz101

"I still got it...but not much of it"
The throw kb is, but just tech back throws always when hes cornered and take the forward throw.
But if he is in the corner and you tech backwards you've pretty much lost the round, and if he throws you in the corner he's got really solid pressure and big boi damage.

Vagrant

Noob
If you're having issues with glide combos just take the glide part out for a couple percent less. You still hit like a truck.

I think V2 is good.

His backdash into whiff punish is really good. I don't actually think he gets zoned out too badly because of his dash. You can zone Spawn, but he has multiple options to approach. You do have to get a feel for the different zoning game each char plays. He gets full combod in a few different breakaway situations so you'll have to be conscious of your oponents bar and have an alternate damage ender. That standing reset though and the damage and his range and his dashes, I think he's good.

Vagrant

Noob
this character HAS. NO. ANTIAIR. CONVERSIONS. Its super neat and all if you can B1 fireball after being plus 8 but I'd rather be able to anti air into (however small) combo like every single other character in the game.
stand 1 into special. V2 gets like 30+ off of anti air. I'm sure v3 gets something. Probably into bf3 or chain or something.

You'll get stuffed if you're just trying to react with it at the last second all the time but it works.

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
Standing 1 is his best AA yes but its not a very good AA. Yes you can combo after it by cenceling into BF3 but it has a small hitbox and is definitely not like say Liu Kangs S1 AA.

Standing 1 is his best AA yes but its not a very good AA. Yes you can combo after it by cenceling into BF3 but it has a small hitbox and is definitely not like say Liu Kangs S1 AA.
I think S3 is a far more oppressive anti air, and combos into basically anything you want depending on variation.
For v3 you can just S3~bf2 or bf1.
For v2 anything into restand or BF3 is just money.

Press S3 more, seriously.

How do you guys think they should buff Spawn's first variation? I honestly think it needs to be looked at but not his other two.
Make the amped guns safer on block and change the properties to mid would be a start. I wouldn’t say no if they make it hit full screen too, I mean we already have to spend a bar for it, might as well make it good.

Make Blaze of Glory parry low projectile also. Not much of a point of it only blocking low normals.

Vagrant

Noob
Make the amped guns safer on block and change the properties to mid would be a start. I wouldn’t say no if they make it hit full screen too, I mean we already have to spend a bar for it, might as well make it good
You want a safe mid fullscreen check basically that chips for like a million percent?