What's new

Spawn Gameplay Reveal Trailer!

Comments

Imagine thinking no character in this game were rushed or showed lack of love, that's why everyone uses terminator... oh....Wait. :D:p
Oh wow, another strawman from you. What a shocker.

Do you genuinely believe that a character they built an entire new skeleton for and adjusted almost every fatality and KB in the game for is a rush job?

Back on topic: Spawn is my dad.

Spawn may be the upgrade jacqui Killer if that aa diagonal gun move is not another lame custom move.

Oh wow, another strawman from you. What a shocker.

Do you genuinely believe that a character they built an entire new skeleton for and adjusted almost every fatality and KB in the game for is a rush job?

Back on topic: Spawn is my dad.
Not a strawman, I'm just not an mk 11 still that defends this game as if my life depended on it. Shocker. You do know that aesthetics and animation are very different from being gameplay viable right? A game can still look gorgeous but suck balls. Before you go into defend mk 11 mode, I'm referring to other games over the years that have done that. You can build a whole foundation on something doesn't make it good.

Btw, let me know once we see terminator in a major lmao. :D:coffee:

Spawn may be the upgrade jacqui Killer if that aa diagonal gun move is not another lame custom move.
Raiden can already do this, just nobody wants to try it seems.

Not a strawman, I'm just not an mk 11 still that defends this game as if my life depended on it. Shocker. You do know that aesthetics and animation are very different from being gameplay viable right? A game can still look gorgeous but suck balls. Before you go into defend mk 11 mode, I'm referring to other games over the years that have done that. You can build a whole foundation on something doesn't make it good.

Btw, let me know once we see terminator in a major lmao
It was absolutely a strawman.
None of this addresses what I asked you. Just answer my question straight.

Raiden can already do this, just nobody wants to try it seems.

None of this addresses what I asked you. Just answer my question straight.
Incorrect, was not a strawman everything that disagrees with you isnt automatically "strawman" you seem to have a problem with this I've noticed. So mo, absolutely not. You just can't admit the flaws in this game. Notice I dont see anyone else here defending broke jacqui but you. Surprise surprise, but you think amped sc safe would be "broken" lol...

Not in tw he can't and that's still a losing match up for him. I didn't see one player pick raiden in general vs jacqui yesterday
... just saying man.

What question because I already addressed your previous post.

Last edited:
In TW Raiden can still use jump back 1 into superman. A timeless anti air that very few people seem to wanna use other than Dragon.

You know very well what question, just answer it.

Unlikely as it's too slow to counter jacquie jetpack move which is far faster unless you're full screen and even then. Not convinced.but by all means please show me you doing this.

No I dont stop dodging my question and post what you mean otherwise im Just going to consider you trolling me at this point. Whatever question you asked I answered but if you're not satisfied with it that's not my problem.

Alright, this is the last I'll say of this since we're derailing yet another thread and this is holy Spawn ground, but Cetrion's j2 comes out in 6 frames and Dragon was doing exactly this many times to Jacqui opponents.
Raiden's j1 comes out in 7 frames, so yes he can definitely do it. Jump jab is one of the oldest anti airs in the book, dude.

You did not answer my question, and I see that you intend not to, so, back to SPAWN.

So its trolling me then since there is no question you just keep repeating yourself without an actual question. Were getting nowhere here.

I have a question for you, 1. Why dont youbshow me your example via video if raiden beats jacqui? Just because something may work on one character doesn't mean it'll work on another. I'd have better luck with jade's aa glaive vs her. Cetrion isnt as good as jacqui.

But back to spawn since this is about spawn. I will try him out against certain characters, it would seem he has no teleport unless it's a custom move in which it won't matter or of course a regular special nrs has yet to show us.

Last edited:
I'll admit, I was 100% sure he'd have a teleport considering it's one of his actual powers. I suppose he might have one in customs, but still bizarre.
Though I'm pretty glad that he doesn't, actually. Also, he doesn't have a basic projectile which I find really interesting, considering.

Man if only the classic didn't have that oversized shin guard thing lol. But other than that, can't complain. You know NRS did something right when two grown men cried on their reactions to Spawn trailer on YT. Max being one of them.

You'll notice the original look he has imo more practical shin guard spikes where they fit his shin better. Not a fan of the whole cement block shin guard lol.
Boot thing is gear confirmed. I don't really get why they didn't have him wearing the proper one in the trailer, but what matters is that it's in.

(I don't know how to embed this, someone help)

Last edited:
So based on the model viewer in this article plus looking at the trailer shots, it's evident that Spawn's gear pieces are:
  1. Mantle
  2. Arm
  3. Boot
I was really hoping for his chains to be gear, but I guess we can't have everything.

Last edited:
Boot thing is gear confirmed. I don't really get why they didn't have him wearing the proper one in the trailer, but what matters is that it's in.

(I don't know how to embed this, someone help)
That's good that his shin guard spike is gear. The one in th vid I posted thanks to @NickandAutumn channel credit to him. Is that costume after the spawn/baraka intro, he seems to have no gear on the shins. Perhaps there a bare option as well? That's interesting. I figured his Cape would be one but all good.

Last edited:
In NRS's defense, despite being a very iconic character, Terminator is a very straightfoward character in terms of what he does in the movies, ironically, in terms of moveset, T-1000 would have much more room for creativity with the shapeshifting and whatnot.
I was honestly surprised they were able to come up with an ideal animation that would show a "personality" while not feeling out of place for a Terminator. The whole looking over the opponents clothes to see if they would fit and making sure his shotgun is in excellent condition worked though not just as references but also what a Terminator would do.

YEEEES, that stupid looking boot is gear and I can change it!!

I hope we get a Kombat Kast this week so see what are his Tournament Variation moves.

And yes, Violator needs to be in his 2nd Fatality!

A Spawn announcer would be sick but I doubt we will get that

I was honestly surprised they were able to come up with an ideal animation that would show a "personality" while not feeling out of place for a Terminator. The whole looking over the opponents clothes to see if they would fit and making sure his shotgun is in excellent condition worked though not just as references but also what a Terminator would do.
Yeah I mean they did a great job for him in terms of lore, gameplay another story lol. But I was a little surprised they didn't use his "Hasta La Vista, Baby" and "Chill out, Dickwad" and of course his "I'll be back" before riding off on his bike.

Guys lets be honest, when was a new guest character introduced by NRS not OP.....
They always are, until the following patch lol
this is spawn. OFC he has to be OP at launch
also, HAVE YOU SEEN their love for him? The cape animations just by it's self show how much love they have for him!
I GUARANTEE they wont purposely let him below mid tier :D

Last edited:
I know I've been critical of MK11 on here, but let me just reiterate - NO ONE is better at character design than NRS. Spawn looks fucking INCREDIBLE. Every single guest character has been done flawlessly. I'd venture to say that Spawn is the best looking character in the history of all NRS titles, unseating Predator, in my opinion.

My issues are strictly with gameplay. This game is absolutely stunning visually and without equal, make no mistake.

I hope that Spawn is able to keep my interest, but every character ends up feeling so limited once I get my hands on them.

I know I've been critical of MK11 on here, but let me just reiterate - NO ONE is better at character design than NRS. Spawn looks fucking INCREDIBLE. Every single guest character has been done flawlessly. I'd venture to say that Spawn is the best looking character in the history of all NRS titles, unseating Predator, in my opinion.

My issues are strictly with gameplay. This game is absolutely stunning visually and without equal, make no mistake.

I hope that Spawn is able to keep my interest, but every character ends up feeling so limited once I get my hands on them.
yep, you can accuse NRS of whatever negative stuff you want it,/feel like, for being lazy, greedy, brainless, corrupt, etc lol :p, but NEVER of not doing justice for a character at the visual designing department ..... all guests characters so far, are top notch high level quality when you are analyzing only the aesthetic factor isolated .... ;)

Keith would be great at ASMR, I find it more relaxing yet commanding rather than intimidating. Now JEJ voice is intimidating lol. But I see why people like his voice for Spawn.

That's a cool intro with the cape though.