What's new

Spawn Corner Dirt

Professor Oak

Are you a boy or girl?
As a rule, if a character only has 1 KB throw, I just always tech that way, aside from that, I also noticed that switched sides in the corner good show. Are you finding much general success? Im trying to adjust but he feels very average to me, albeit wrapped in a nice package.

MadPropz101

"I still got it...but not much of it"
As a rule, if a character only has 1 KB throw, I just always tech that way, aside from that, I also noticed that switched sides in the corner good show. Are you finding much general success? Im trying to adjust but he feels very average to me, albeit wrapped in a nice package.
He is top tier imo

DixieFlatline78

Everyone Has A Path
You realize you can also get thrown back in the corner or hit into d1 which is +15 on hit, or even get full combo'd?
Well, if you block until you see the throw, that eliminates two of those. Then you're risking either 14% and a wakeup situation or 50% and a restand. Like, it's a good setup, but people who know the matchup are generally just gonna wait until they see the throw. It's pretty much like the mind game of any other Krushing Blow throw.

Just tech the throw lol
I found this setup day one, but I do it a bit different. The first time I do the setups, after the restand I'll purposefully back throw. That is 45% 1 bar damage and them back in the corner. If they didn't try to tech the throw I will go for the set up again and this time do foward throw seeing as they showed me no knowledge of the KB prior. This entire sequence if it works is an easy flawless victory. Most time You'll have the first round won first the first setup seeing as you do damage getting them to the corner, then the 45% setups then and easy shimmy, stagger, or spaced move you want to use. The second round they will start out in the corner and is when you get the setup into foward throw KB.

Thee is no such thing as "Just do this" in this game. People used to say "Just block low against Johnny" all the time. I would constantly be explaining to them that this isn't 50/50 OH/Low MKX and there is such thing as spacing/baiting/staggers ... etc. Now look, one of the best characters in the game. Just block low ... yeah, sure. Do that so I can stagger and bait you all game. That is what make this game so fun for me. The mind game you actually have to play.

This is beyond ridiculous. Literally what the game is saying is: "Some chars have to read 3,4...5...some 6 and 7 times in a round to win. Some only 1 or 2 reads...Spawn is one of them :) .

But I am going to use him....this char is badass af.

DixieFlatline78

Everyone Has A Path
I found this setup day one, but I do it a bit different. The first time I do the setups, after the restand I'll purposefully back throw. That is 45% 1 bar damage and them back in the corner. If they didn't try to tech the throw I will go for the set up again and this time do foward throw seeing as they showed me no knowledge of the KB prior. This entire sequence if it works is an easy flawless victory. Most time You'll have the first round won first the first setup seeing as you do damage getting them to the corner, then the 45% setups then and easy shimmy, stagger, or spaced move you want to use. The second round they will start out in the corner and is when you get the setup into foward throw KB.

Thee is no such thing as "Just do this" in this game. People used to say "Just block low against Johnny" all the time. I would constantly be explaining to them that this isn't 50/50 OH/Low MKX and there is such thing as spacing/baiting/staggers ... etc. Now look, one of the best characters in the game. Just block low ... yeah, sure. Do that so I can stagger and bait you all game. That is what make this game so fun for me. The mind game you actually have to play.
I mean fair point, it's not like you arent getting drained just because you dont take the KB