What's new

Soul Steal Damage boost stacking

This isn't some crazy good tech, it is super situational. But it is pretty interesting, and good to keep in mind if you happen to get into a particular situation. As everyone probably knows when Soul Steal is done to end a round Shang gets the damage boost from it at the beginning of the next round. Just like he would get it if the round continued, 6 sec with normal SS, 9 sec with the amplified version. But he is still Shang as he turns back into himself at the end of a round. So you can do the Soul Steal as Shang again while having the 20% damage boost active.
What I found interesting is that the damage boost stacks if you do that.

Here I end a round with an amplified Soul Steal. Than do a normal Soul steal as the round begins. And my throw after that does 201 damage)

This is a combo you can get against Baraka, it's almost 48%+ DoT for 1 bar

UPDATE: 1 bar combo after 2 amplified Soul Steals

And this one is against Noob for one bar

you also get crazy mix against Sonya, but I didn't have time to record it.

EDIT: Here is Sonya’s overhead option after 2 amplified Soul Steals. One bar is built back in midround animation, so a 1 bar 64% corner combo after that is still possible)

@AK Harold @SaSSolino @LawAbidingCitizen @cR WoundCowboy @gibster13 @All Shang Mains)

Last edited:

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
That is awesome, situational but absolutely viable and a huge game changer. Basically Baraka damage with any character. I'm betting you can get 60% with baraka or more. You should test FB combos. Nice work man, didn't know it stacked.

PreNerf_

No labels
Little bro, I don't know how many times I have done soul steal at the end of a round just to get the DB, I never thought of that. And you might as well go for the kb on that combo for more damage. J3, 1,112,bf 4, s4,bf4 kb. Damn, I'm going to test that out right now.....

That is awesome, situational but absolutely viable and a huge game changer. Basically Baraka damage with any character. I'm betting you can get 60% with baraka or more. You should test FB combos. Nice work man, didn't know it stacked.
Thanks, you can’t get FB in that situation in a real match since it is always at the beginning of the round, so your lifebar is full) I know Baraka’s and Noob’s optimals, but you don’t have time for them with regular Soul Steal at the beginning of the round. If you go for Amplified SS you get much more freedom.

Sweet tech, dude!! :O Quick question about it, does the soul steal damage boost stick with you for the rest of the round while you're Shang Tsung? Cause I noticed that your throw did 14.1% damage in the first vid after morphing back.

Sweet tech, dude!! :O Quick question about it, does the soul steal damage boost stick with you for the rest of the round while you're Shang Tsung? Cause I noticed that your throw did 14.1% damage in the first vid after morphing back.
No, it is there for 6 sec (or 9 if the Soul Steal at the end of the round is amplified). The throw did 14.1 (16.1 in reality as it gave 2% health back to Shang) because the DoT of Baraka's KB was still ticking.