What's new

Soooo … was SonicFox trolling the fanbase alongside Boon? Or was it just a typo?

Nickolaidas

Agent of Chaosrealm
In the MK11 reveal, SonicFox's card had Rain as his favourite character in MK 11 when he was about to fight that other guy. Was that a typo? A trolling attempt? The weirdest confirmation ever?

Discuss.

JSF

Waiting for Injustice 3
It wasn’t even a troll they didn’t know the roster and were asked to put whoever they wanted lol that’s it there’s no deeper meaning to it

Chuckyscookie

Here's to hoping.
I don't think it was a troll, because I don't think Sonic knew the roster. He could only troll if he knew for a fact that Rain isn't in. I don't think he did know. They were allowed to put whatever. I think he just made a guess that he could be on the roster.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
I am AGHAST that anyone would accuse Sonicfox of trolling. He’s one of the most respectful and serious players in the scene.

trufenix

bye felicia
Imagine the universe where nrs would trust a bunch of teenagers with a profited interest in click and view bait to keep the entire cast of the game secret from reveal until release.

They don't even trust movie stars with full scripts anymore. People in entertainment are snakes.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
Fun fact: Rain was a joke and a tribute to the artist formerly known as Prince. Boons favorite song by the artist Purple Rain is clearly what inspired the pallet swap. Rain is by far the most requested character aside from Noob.

Here is the MKwiki description:

A huge fan of Prince, Boon's inspiration for the character was the 1984 track Purple Rain, coupled with his jokingly wondering what color palette had not yet been used in the games. In another nod to the singer, Rain addresses himself as "Prince of Edenia" in Mortal Kombat: Armageddon. By the time Boon had decided to include him as a selectable in UMK3, the game was already completed, so due to time constraints he had to hack into the attract mode to insert a snippet of the character as an unplayable red herring who was a purple palette swap of Scorpion, while creating a new font for displaying his name in his power bar; therefore, it is the only one in the game that is not italicized.

Cassie Cyrus

Have you ever seen the Rain?
Fun fact: Rain was a joke and a tribute to the artist formerly known as Prince. Boons favorite song by the artist Purple Rain is clearly what inspired the pallet swap. Rain is by far the most requested character aside from Noob.

Here is the MKwiki description:
Cassie Cage, Ermac, Johnny cage, Bo Rai Cho, Noob saibot.

All jokes, so why you think only Rain is a joke?

Reactions: Zev
E

Eldriken

Cassie Cage, Ermac, Johnny cage, Bo Rai Cho, Noob saibot.

All jokes, so why you think only Rain is a joke?
I...don't recall him specifically saying only Rain is a joke character. It's just Rain in particular suits this thread for obvious reasons.

If it were a thread about joke characters, I'd imagine the aforementioned names would have surfaced eventually.