What's new

Sonyas No Holds Bar Variation, Marching Orders move is Not working! Over!

I was playing all day yesterday and during my matches I couldn't figure out why I was often losing in ranked and against my friends, I had an idea and went into practice and discovered her marching orders move was not working correctly (the move that lets you jump in with a double hitting kick and then you can dial in a combo after it hits, whether it is blocked or not.) If I used it on an opponent who was blocking the move it would not let me link a combo to apply pressure after the attack was blocked, but works fine if you hit confirm it. This has not been the case prior. I know it has to be a bug, other wise it would make that variation useless. She has been my main since launch and this is the variation I us. It is extra frustrating because I am trying to play the kombat league in order to earn her new skin. I really hope they look into this and fix it quick. Over!

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
It's not a bug, you can't cancel into specials after jumping in on them anymore. They changed that in the patch, which is still an OS. I mean if you jump and they block you back up and if it hits you confirm.

If you can't combo after a special move, wtf is the point of that variation? You can jump in punch into a string. That kick is a special not just a jump in kick, without it that variation is 100% dead in the water. Over!

dungeonsector

AI Fighter
Yeah that is really stupid, if that really is a core part of her variation, an exception definitely needs to be made for this case.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
There’s been a systemwide change with this patch where moves cancelled from a jump kick don’t come out on block any longer.
It's not a bug, you can't cancel into specials after jumping in on them anymore. They changed that in the patch, which is still an OS. I mean if you jump and they block you back up and if it hits you confirm.
Did you guys test the move? You cannot cancel a JD4 Marching Orders jump into anything on block(except air rings) and the follow up hit won't come out if the first is blocked. It's not just special moves. I assume this happened this patch but this wasn't a listed change.

Though I suppose this gives Sonya her own option select where she can mash out B124 after JD4 and it will only come out on hit.

Actually kind of glad for the change haha, but I could see that being salty as a Sonya player

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Did you guys test the move? You cannot cancel a JD4 Marching Orders jump into anything on block(except air rings) and the follow up hit won't come out if the first is blocked. It's not just special moves. I assume this happened this patch but this wasn't a listed change.

Though I suppose this gives Sonya her own option select where she can mash out B124 after JD4 and it will only come out on hit.

Actually kind of glad for the change haha, but I could see that being salty as a Sonya player
It’s likely the result of the jump kick change. Guessing that it still registers as an airborne kick normal, so it was caught by the new limitations.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator

That's what we're saying lmao any follow up won't come out on block. Didn't know it affected air specials too but it's pretty cool imo.