What's new

Tech - Sonya Blade Sonya's Anti-Wake up (Corner Only)

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
I will make a video to demonstate it when I get home tonight, but there is something I figured out with her that I have not seen anyone else do.

When you have any kind of Corner juggle going end it in the arc kick.
What this does is it puts you on the other side of the opponent and reverses the opponents wake up inputs. The reason why I think it is good is because when you are standing over them you are still facing the corner so it doesn't look like you switched sides.

I have not fully tested this yet, but I've been doing it alot in Covert Ops since she can throw you right back in the corner.

I am also wondering if there is a way to dictate what side you will be on depending on combo/ timing.

@SidTheHaze
@FCP/EMP SCAR
@Espio
@jmt
@Anbu
@Kakashi
@lslick
@Slayhawk84
@Denzell
@Permafrost
@Shady

Shady

Noob
Nice. Good for initial set ups, kind of like people used to do in Injustice to switch sides. I think that it will be good initially, but once they figure it out, it could be a 50/50 direction with dashing.

lslick

Stole this pic from Doombawkz :P
I will make a video to demonstate it when I get home tonight, but there is something I figured out with her that I have not seen anyone else do.

When you have any kind of Corner juggle going end it in the arc kick.
What this does is it puts you on the other side of the opponent and reverses the opponents wake up inputs. The reason why I think it is good is because when you are standing over them you are still facing the corner so it doesn't look like you switched sides.

I have not fully tested this yet, but I've been doing it alot in Covert Ops since she can throw you right back in the corner.

I am also wondering if there is a way to dictate what side you will be on depending on combo/ timing.

@SidTheHaze
@FCP/EMP SCAR
@Espio
@jmt
@Anbu
@Kakashi
@lslick
@Slayhawk84
@Denzell
@Permafrost
@Shady
I have seen this before in my testing. It is kind of weird that it happens. From what I know, she can't dash over you so if you do commit to that option, you are in the corner unfortunately.

lslick

Stole this pic from Doombawkz :P
I also want to mention that if you do that setup, before the opponent gets up, if you jump towards the corner and input the dive kick, Sonya will face in the opposite direction of the corner and will jump backwards but will do a dive kick facing the corner. If you input the jump in the opposite direction and do the dive kick, she will do the opposite of what I just mentioned lol

AU_SUCK

MEOW
I've been doing this and it works good if used sparingly. Also midscreen Sometimes I will end my combos with 4xxarc kick after ms2 and it does the same thing. The arc kick doesn't hit but it switches sides and reverses their inputs.

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
I also want to mention that if you do that setup, before the opponent gets up, if you jump towards the corner and input the dive kick, Sonya will face in the opposite direction of the corner and will jump backwards but will do a dive kick facing the corner. If you input the jump in the opposite direction and do the dive kick, she will do the opposite of what I just mentioned lol
That confused me just reading it, I have to try it out.

YOMI DJT

LIn Kuei Champion
I approve . of course a good player won't over use it but this is definitely viable. Them mind games bruh

skater11

The saltiest
I remember doing this midscreen off her b2 or f2 I forgot which one. So b2xxarc kick or f2xxarc kick. I was messing around in training room with it just to see what I could find but I never implemented this into my game.

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
This works really good, I pulled it off at least 5 times in the tournament I had and it worked every-time, everybody was like WTF just happened. lol