What's new

Sonya's amplified air control (patch 1.07)

exflyingbooty

This dream has a sad ending
Literally the nerfs did nothing to her lmfao.
Her bnb b+132, f+4, f+333 bf+2 still does like 300 dmg and 950 health does really nothing.

Soooo ... the avarage that most character do ? Hell even dvorah in Arachnophobia does the same damage for one bar now.
The point of the nerf for Sonya right now was just damage control, not to completly destroy her gameplan (albeit i think that her being both mix-up + zoning is still too much). She "had" the highest damage overall withouth KB and by justing using 1 BAR, now instead she gets general damage that most in the roster do (which is aroun 25 to 30% ) excluding chars such as Geras/Baraka which i guess at this point we can confirm were designed for said damage ... although in Geras case we might have another problem now with him but i'll avoid discussions on him on a different thread.

The only way i could have seen her nerfed to the ground was if she had b12 rendered completly unsafe as in "more than -9" which online is a pain to try to punish with highs (most of the time i get dick jabbed for the trouble) or if she lost one of her zoning tools, say like slowing down her ring overall but that would have also killed the Ring Cancel routes which i still have to see how much got scaled with the nerfs.

Edmund

Kitana & Skarlet
I disagree with the nerf purely from being a combo enthusiast, however of all the routes they could have taken to nerf her, i do think it was the best approach

Dedlock

Noob
The move now should be used exclusively as an anti air to trigger its krushing blow.

Its replaced by Sonya's air throw in her no holds barred variation.

I wish they give Sonya new moves she's just very dry at the moment. It wouldn't hurt for mk11 to be more combo heavy, just reduce the damage.

Eldagrin

Add me on PS4 if you want to play some games
I think Sonya is more than fine. She still gets over 40% in the corner off the low and OH mix up in ring master, her zoning is still ridiculously strong, she still has better meterless damage than pretty much any other character, she still has a 10f mid, d1 is still a crazy good anti air, the damage of her db2 AMP KB combo is exactly the same. Her no holds bar variation also barely got nerfed and the parry in the variation is good. She's definitely still top 5 if she isn't top 3 for whatever reason.

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
I think Sonya is more than fine. She still gets over 40% in the corner off the low and OH mix up in ring master, her zoning is still ridiculously strong, she still has better meterless damage than pretty much any other character, she still has a 10f mid, d1 is still a crazy good anti air, the damage of her db2 AMP KB combo is exactly the same. Her no holds bar variation also barely got nerfed and the parry in the variation is good. She's definitely still top 5 if she isn't top 3 for whatever reason.
She’s #1 to me and has been even before pre patch. It was always her & Geras 1.A 1.B imo but now it’s clear at least right now barring some crazy character discovery, I don’t see anyone age has issues with