What's new

Video/Tutorial Sonya Match Videos

Shady

Noob
Tis true, but I mean, the F1 really works well because it makes them very very afraid of low and then you can mix it up, don't have to do cartwheel, you can do almost anything, even DC MS into some more strings. :).

Shady

Noob
Also, just took her to the lab, with a little timing you can add an extra 2% for that reset.

Divekick, 2,1 Cartwheel MS B2, B2,1,F2 1,1,2 MS... 40% ;).

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Also, just took her to the lab, with a little timing you can add an extra 2% for that reset.

Divekick, 2,1 Cartwheel MS B2, B2,1,F2 1,1,2 MS... 40% ;).
Yeah but its not as reliable with the MS B2 you cant use a first jab to make them at the right height for the 112 so you have to be 100% accurate by the time you want to land the 112 when you use MS B2

Shady

Noob
Yeah but its not as reliable with the MS B2 you cant use a first jab to make them at the right height for the 112 so you have to be 100% accurate by the time you want to land the 112 when you use MS B2
Yeah, I'm working on my timing right now, about 8/10 in training. I think that I'd be able to get it to a reliable enough level offline, but online, I'm definitely sticking to the other version.

appreciate that...

Im lovin how far cartwheel~ f3, pushes an opponent across screen, after an arc kick you're right back in there face with a corner corner waiting for them

I'm not a Sonya player by any means but I am trying to pick her up.

FoxyGrampa- You throw out a lot of single quick jabs when you catch them in the air, into two hit strings. I see Jax does this as well. Why? I just wonder how effective this is when Sonya seems to have other stuff you can do too. I know the damage output is definitely there I just can't wrap my head around how Sonya is being played. It's very...brutal. And when you're on the ground, you maintain pressure by doing the same w/ military stance thrown in. It looks really cool, like quick paced boxing. It makes me want to play her more but I don't understand how all of this is done. (Like, how to apply it in matches.)

EDIT: Nevermind, you pretty much just explained it already....mindgames..

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
Shes kinda like playing a mix between Kabal and Cage.

I did the anti air jab to punish their jump in attempt.

At the end of every block string you cancel into the military stance where you have so many options, overhead, low, throw, crossover, continue with another block string.

Gotta make the other guy respect the military stance first. So when you first play the guy just do a block string into overhead/low

Dr_Bufa

Noob
Does anybody have some link to a public (all the posted links are private) video? I've tried to find some MortySeinfeld's matchs and no luck so far.

Noserfatu

My eyes! The goggles do nothing!
I had the same problem. The key is to dash after the B21 F2. You will land the 112 every time once you get it down

Noserfatu

My eyes! The goggles do nothing!
Ah kool, I'll try that out. The way I've been doing it is just waiting for them to fall to chest height before 112
I think your initial way might be better just because its one fewer input that you can mess up or get screwed over by negative edge.

I'm having trouble landing her B21 F2 after cartwheel... I think the timing is slightly different depending on how you start your combo.

D4--> cartwheel --> B21 F2
dive kick into cartwheel into B21 F2
jip into cartwheel into B21 F2..

its making my head hurt.. The timing should be the same but i think its slightly different and driving me crazy. I could be off here, but I'm dropping this string too much and its bothering me

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
I think your initial way might be better just because its one fewer input that you can mess up or get screwed over by negative edge.

I'm having trouble landing her B21 F2 after cartwheel... I think the timing is slightly different depending on how you start your combo.

D4--> cartwheel --> B21 F2
dive kick into cartwheel into B21 F2
jip into cartwheel into B21 F2..

its making my head hurt.. The timing should be the same but i think its slightly different and driving me crazy. I could be off here, but I'm dropping this string too much and its bothering me

If you dont want negative edge to screw you over you just gotta be very deliberate with your inputs. And yea that dash thing works pretty good too :)

Slego

The Saltan of Salt
Hey guys, here's a grand final for a small local event in my town. Fun stuff, way too many whiffed punishes than I care to count.

FatalTragedy

Jesus Fucking Christ
By the by, new to Sonya. I have all her BNB's down pat (although currently looking for spiffier corner combo options) and as I was browsing this thread hoping for some good footage when I noticed this. New guy with the character and all, I'll say you actually CAN throw a single jab in before going in for the reset string. Timing is stringent the couple extra pixels of damage and meter are worth the effort for some players. I believe (I'll check when I get off work) that with that extra jab it still registers as 40% due to scaling, but I could be wrong. Worth it for the setup anyway.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
By the by, new to Sonya. I have all her BNB's down pat (although currently looking for spiffier corner combo options) and as I was browsing this thread hoping for some good footage when I noticed this. New guy with the character and all, I'll say you actually CAN throw a single jab in before going in for the reset string. Timing is stringent the couple extra pixels of damage and meter are worth the effort for some players. I believe (I'll check when I get off work) that with that extra jab it still registers as 40% due to scaling, but I could be wrong. Worth it for the setup anyway.
Yea you can, but its much more likely to drop and does the same damage

salvificblood

Worst Sub-Zero Ever
http://www.twitch.tv/nycfurby/b/301211665

Got some games against Sabin from before NEC.

Was playing Cage too though so not sure what times I use what character
I missed these games, but holy shit. Seeing you blow up other good players always makes me feel somewhat better about myself when we play, lol. You're ridiculous with them all, basically, but your Cage and Rain are still my favourites, man. So stylish.