What's new

Tech - Special Forces Sonya Drone Specials Don't Buffer

Have been practising with Sonya with the drone style and have just noticed why I have been dropping so many combos. Her Drone Abilities, either kamikaze or blasts, don't get buffered in the input.

What I mean by this is for example 1, 2, 1, back, forward, 4, can be input really fast and the special will be buffered and used. However, if you try to do (have drone out and ready) 1, 2, 1, 4+block it will not work unless the 4+block is done on the precise window (I think its as the last strike lands).

Is this intended, seems needlessly difficult. EVERY OTHER special that I have done in this game buffers.

lslick

Stole this pic from Doombawkz :P
Have been practising with Sonya with the drone style and have just noticed why I have been dropping so many combos. Her Drone Abilities, either kamikaze or blasts, don't get buffered in the input.

What I mean by this is for example 1, 2, 1, back, forward, 4, can be input really fast and the special will be buffered and used. However, if you try to do (have drone out and ready) 1, 2, 1, 4+block it will not work unless the 4+block is done on the precise window (I think its as the last strike lands).

Is this intended, seems needlessly difficult. EVERY OTHER special that I have done in this game buffers.
You are suppose to input as late as possible....To better show you what I mean, let's say you do B1,4 and you want to input the homing missile which is 2+block. If you input it normally, then you will always get B1,4,2 which is the instring overhead. The game reads it as such I guess cause of priority. So what you want to do is that you want to input 2+block towards the end of the hitstun of the string. It does take some time to get used to. Hell even I mess up every once in the while. But if you sit in training mode a bit more, then Im sure your execution will get better