What's new

Sonya Blade Official Combo Guide V.1

Alf

Noob
Hey so i have been trying to do the Energy Ring cancel but cant seem to do it. Any Tipps ? Thanks in Advance :)

Eldagrin

Add me on PS4 if you want to play some games
Hey so i have been trying to do the Energy Ring cancel but cant seem to do it. Any Tipps ? Thanks in Advance :)
I usually try to wait until Sonya flashes and it starts to make like a charging up sound to dash cancel into a normal, that’s how I’ve been getting it back pretty consistently.

I usually try to wait until Sonya flashes and it starts to make like a charging up sound to dash cancel into a normal, that’s how I’ve been getting it back pretty consistently.
This. Ive found it works better to wait to input the dash forward right when she starts flashing instead of trying to hold RB and mash forward right away. This also makes it easier to input b1 as your followup normal instead of having come out as a standing jab. You can still 134 xxdb2 if it does tho.

Anyone connect mid screen ERC stuff with b12?

That would be beautiful but I can't work out a string that will accommodate that krushing blow energy ring.
In my earlier combo post I listed a string that seemed to work well for this type of setup:

• b134 xx bf1 whiff (130.68)
  • b134 xx bf1 AMP whiff (2nd ring hits for 240 w/ KB, 70 w/o KB)
  • Useful for traps?
If they wakeup with a button or not blocking they'll get hit by the ring. I haven't tested this in the corner tho, and I'm also using the 1st tourney variation.

So I'm going Midscreen with this off the B12---

B123, F4, 333, DB2 EX, F4 1+3 2222. Mash out the twos and it comes out easier during combos. 378 1 bar midscreen damage. If you mess up the 2222 portion (I'm currently at about 7/10 effective, will be 100% with more practice) you leave them standing with 352 damage. Is this top optimal damage midscreen?
I have a big problem with connecting the 333 after F4, usually the opponent is already too, low, but I can't make 333 come out any faster. I've done it before but it's wildly inconsistent. Any tips for the timing

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I have a big problem with connecting the 333 after F4, usually the opponent is already too, low, but I can't make 333 come out any faster. I've done it before but it's wildly inconsistent. Any tips for the timing
The timing is a bit tight, but you'll have to hit the F into F4 part very early in the hit animation. They don't fall down as quickly, and you can do 333 after. If that's too rough, you can shorten it by not doing all of the 333 before DB2 AMP and it does a little bit less, but still a lot of damage.

Saucy

Noob
The ERC corner kombos are insanely tight. I've been trying to get a handle on them for the past 2 days and I'd say I'm still probably at a 10% success rate. Some things I noticed that seem to make things easier for me.

Do the dash cancel just as the first rings hit.

Be mindful of the spacing. If you stand too close while starting the combo the rings will have a shorter distance to travel and the window to connect the B123 will shrink. Its actually easier to cancel rings into b123 the further away you are.

HiddenSelectCounterPick

Crossplay Username: PlayingNeutral
I also have had trouble getting anything after the cancel, so correct me if im wrong but its a dash cancel? Also what are your controller input settings on Short Normal Medium or Long?? Whats working better i never got a hit to land after the run cancel from bf1

Rex24

There are no bad seeds, only bad men
I also have had trouble getting anything after the cancel, so correct me if im wrong but its a dash cancel? Also what are your controller input settings on Short Normal Medium or Long?? Whats working better i never got a hit to land after the run cancel from bf1
input window set as long for me, i get it pretty consistently. make sure to dash cancel the norma i.e. input the normal as fast as you can after erc cancel., it comes out a tad faster.

NorCalSamurai

Bacon Lettuce Tomato
Ay so if Sonya has meter she can end her midscreen combo (B123, F4) in slight delayed 134xxBF1 MB and one of four things will happen:

You get blocked, amp rings is mid and -3 at this distance.

You get rolled in either direction and the frames are about neutral.

They U3 and the rings get absorbed and you're at +1-2

They do anything else and you KB for a total of 492.53 midscreen on a bar.

Mahjunia

Noob
So, this is building off of what Rex found and also posting some of Sonic's tech from his stream last night. Not only can Sonya combo off her b14 with an AMP ring cancel into 134, she can also cancel into b123 for some massive 1 bar and 2 bar damage. For example:

b14 xx bf1 AMP cancel b123, 3, 3, 3, 333 xx db2 = 444.07 for 1 bar

b14 xx bf1 AMP cancel b123, 3, 3, 134 xx db2 AMP, 333 xx bf4

You can cash out on both bars for a kill if you need it, or you can just spend one and end in 333 xx db2/333d4/333 xx bf4 to have the threat of being able to do the exact same 50/50 again. Also should we have an abbreviation for the AMP energy ring cancel? like ERC or something? It's kind of tedious to type out.
I'm trying sonya atm, and can't manage to Connect b123 after the cancel... So tight.

Amy suggestions?

Eldagrin

I'm trying sonya atm, and can't manage to Connect b123 after the cancel... So tight.

Amy suggestions?
Wait for her to flash and make the AMP audio cue before trying to do the dash cancel into b123, that’s what i do, when I fuck it up it’s normally because I did it too early.

Macoomba

Noob
It's b123, 2nd hit it's an oh
B123 3,3,123 xx DB2 Amplify, 333,D4 -43% Damage Ender

i just copied this from the start of this topic, where all the combos are. you can find other "123" in the combos, and the one i copied its in the meterless corner combo. i tried and well.. even if i do b123 after the 3,3 , the b12 knocks the opponent down and u cant continue the jugglin. :(

Eldagrin

B123 3,3,123 xx DB2 Amplify, 333,D4 -43% Damage Ender

i just copied this from the start of this topic, where all the combos are. you can find other "123" in the combos, and the one i copied its in the meterless corner combo. i tried and well.. even if i do b123 after the 3,3 , the b12 knocks the opponent down and u cant continue the jugglin. :(
It’s 134, not 123, I’m sure TeeJay will get the notation fixed soon.

Mahjunia

Noob
Is there any video that explains the cancel, I'm trash and can only land 134 after the cancel :( it's impossible for me to Connect b123

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
Are you going to be a bit "deeper"? I mean, I'm trying to main Sonya using your combos, but I don't know nothing about her pokes, her punishes and stuff :/
Ofc, I'm loving your work and I'm so grateful!
YES! She's not fully fleshed out yet imo for a guide. but there are pointers and tips all around the general disccusion. I would say her best poke traditionally is a d3. 7f, +10 hit adv and jails into her b1. use it up close to check and deal with pressure. Punishing should be easy since she has 7f s1 as well. Are u having trouble with a specific move?

This is the most damage I found in the corner from EASIER version of B14 onion ring cancel...

B14 - BF1 amp - dash cancel - 134 - DB2 amp - 3 - 333 - BF4 - 418dmg ... 408dmg if they block the B1

Anyone found something better?

Last edited:

Macoomba

Noob
YES! She's not fully fleshed out yet imo for a guide. but there are pointers and tips all around the general disccusion. I would say her best poke traditionally is a d3. 7f, +10 hit adv and jails into her b1. use it up close to check and deal with pressure. Punishing should be easy since she has 7f s1 as well. Are u having trouble with a specific move?
Ty so much! Nah I'm fine, I'd just like to master her so every info is a good one :p