What's new

Guide - Sonya Blade Sonya Blade: How to

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
Hey everyone, I've decided to start making videos about Sonya. From playing her, to dealing with her pressure. I'm not sure yet on how often i'll upload but it should be frequent.

The first video is how to deal with Sonya grenade pressure. I did this on a whim and off the top of my head, so I may have overlooked some things.

Second video is going over EX grenades and what you can do to deal with them

Third video, what is negative edge and how to use it for Sonya

Quick one I made showing two combos using negative edge with handcam

If there's anything else people would like videos on or questions feel free to let me know, thank you

Last edited:

Vigilante24

Beware my power, Red Lantern's Light
I was running this KOTH once on a 10 win streak and a random joined in. I had a gut feeling I shoulda forfeited the game when I had the chance before this person took me out of the frame but I didn't listen my instincts. This guy played Demo Sonya and ! had 100% of winning. Safe to say he put my name to shame. My friends in the KOTH were watching and laughed. Due to the humiliation I had to cover my face. I just couldn't run that race. Grenades everywhere, so jump happy and yolo, this Sonya's pace was just too fast and I didn't last. :(

But thanks to this video, I now know what my options are. Thank you!

Reactions: Jer

Zionix

AKA Ponkster
Its a read within a read, within a read.

Readception.

'Please consult your topper for MU numbers'

Tweedy

Noob
Good stuff.

Can you make your grenade slighlty safer if you do a mid one and slightly delay it, to where it still has no gap?

Sorry if this sounds confusing. It's kind of the same concept as pre patch Alien rekka delays. This video got me to mess around with her and i'm able to block moves like roll and EX spin from buzzsaw, with this method.

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
Good stuff.

Can you make your grenade slighlty safer if you do a mid one and slightly delay it, to where it still has no gap?

Sorry if this sounds confusing. It's kind of the same concept as pre patch Alien rekka delays. This video got me to mess around with her and i'm able to block moves like roll and EX spin from buzzsaw, with this method.
Yes I believe you can, however the can move forward on you and the grenade explosion may not hit them.

Great video! As always, anything on Covert Ops would be appreciated. I know she's more simple than Demo, but it's always nice hearing various thoughts from great players.

errormacro7

Official Sonya simp
Hmm good question. I need to think of something I really wanna show people. Anything you might be interested in learning?
Make a video showing how to use negative edge with Sonya in general. We don't have any video tutorial about this yet. Not for me, but for other players who want to learn this variation and how it all works.

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
Make a video showing how to use negative edge with Sonya in general. We don't have any video tutorial about this yet. Not for me, but for other players who want to learn this variation and how it all works.
Thats an idea I had. I think that's what the next one will be

Jer

I'm a literal Sloth
Updated the OP with a quick video I threw together for negative edge combos with handcam