What's new

Combo List - Sonya Blade Sonya Blade Combo Thread

Skedar70

Noob
Am I going crazy or are there several mistakes in the OP? Nothing against the guy who took the time to do this, but I'm wondering what the fuck I'm doing wrong here. A couple examples:

b33u2, 12, njp, d2, rc 121, bf4 = 32% (how is this a combo? it states it's universal across all variations.)

B14 MB DB2 DD1- 12% (states this is a demolition combo, yet I don't know what meter burn d,b+2 is supposed to be)

Is there any place I can go to just check out some demolition combos? Obviously, like everyone else on the planet, I want to check her out after seeing what Scar did last night at Kumite.
b33u4 is a corner combo. Its u4 not u2 and yes you can do it on all variations. B14 Mb DB2 is also a corner combo that you can do if you are out of grenades DD1 is for the reload. You can also do B14 EXBF2 12 12 213/DD1/4 and it does a little more damage with a grenade reload(Not safe).

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
b33u4 is a corner combo. Its u4 not u2 and yes you can do it on all variations. B14 Mb DB2 is also a corner combo that you can do if you are out of grenades DD1 is for the reload. You can also do B14 EXBF2 12 12 213/DD1/4 and it does a little more damage with a grenade reload(Not safe).
What is meter burn d,b+2, though? I don't even see that move in her movelist and NOTHING come out when I do with or without grenades.

HugeMcBigLarge

Retirement my ass
Thanks for pointing these things out. Will change them as I see things are erroneous. Lots of stuff I just copy/paste from others or get into moveset descriptions and can mix up inputs. There was a really good thread with all of the new demo sonya combo options floating around here. That being said, can probably save you a lot of time. There are only 2 combos scar mainly did:

Mainscreen BnB:
Opener (b33212, 121, b14), stun grenade, [21 stun grenade f4 stun grenade], f4 (both hits) reload

Or this is valid for any amount of grenades, just skip the [] part. Basically end your last grenade on both hits of f4. However, if you don't want them full screen, just reload immediately after the last stun grenade, instead of the other f4.

The corner combos should be found right now in the double on-screen grenade negative edge section. Would recommend reading through most of that to understand what is going on, but the basic corner combo again is:

Opener, stun grenade, njp, stun grenade, 4, stun grenade, reload, 4, stun grenade, 4 stun grenade, 124.

That should be close and the 2 stun grenades after the njp will NOT come out unless you do the NE tech or the input timing w/o it is really strict. Read through the other thread for the info.

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
For the X-ray combo above:

After x-ray, 4-df1 to throw first grenade (press 1 to detonate), df1 to throw second grenade, df1 to throw 3rd grenade (hold 1), press 4 - down,down - release 1 for reload

Ayase Chihaya

Chihayafuru

Optimal B1 corner reload with no grenades, obviously not safe(no corner reload with no nades is safe) and obviously easier way to do the same damage.

HugeMcBigLarge

Retirement my ass
As a bonus, most people expect EX projectiles to be plus, so if you do that, you can normally get more pressure off of it, or get out.

It's actually only like -5 or something so it's close enough that you can still beat some of their options anyways

Ayase Chihaya

Chihayafuru

I picked up SF and started labbing unblockable setups, got a bit inspired after @colby4898 combo video :)

This isn't optimized yet, but it's very consistent for me. Gonna be labbing more setups and optimize the damage. You can also make the Low hit before OH, but it doesn't really matter lol I wasn't able to block it anyway

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player

I picked up SF and started labbing unblockable setups, got a bit inspired after @colby4898 combo video :)

This isn't optimized yet, but it's very consistent for me. Gonna be labbing more setups and optimize the damage. You can also make the Low hit before OH, but it doesn't really matter lol I wasn't able to block it anyway
The setups are there but in a real match the chance of getting this set up within the 10 seconds drone is active isn't gonna happen. The only practical setup for unblockable was in my first vid with the njp into park starter. There may well be other practical hard to blockable setups though that I haven't found.
I just showed the others for style points lol :p
But im glad you're inspired shes really fun and I'm sure there are much better players than me that will find better stuff than I have.

Last edited:

Ayase Chihaya

Chihayafuru
The setups are there but in a real match the chance of getting this set up within the 10 seconds drone is active isn't gonna happen. The only practical setup for unblockable was in my first vid with the njp into park starter. There may well be other practical hard to blockable setups though that I haven't found.
I just showed the others for style points lol :p
But im glad you're inspired shes really fun and I'm sure there are much better players than me that will find better stuff than I have.
I think it's practical, I've done this a few matches lol. Easy by for example starting the match with f2, on hit do drone then if you get the low 50/50 or any other option that corner carries you're all set. Drone Park about half screen is what I found to be most consistent.

I'll share my other setups too

colby4898

Have you got any match footage because I reallycan't see this happening in a real match?
Getting f2 to start, call drone. park drone. get a 50/50 correctly with enough corner carry to get to the corner. Activate low kami and jump in with out the opponent trying to jump, anti-air, wake up, delayed wake up or tech roll to mess up the fairly tight timing. I don't believe a decent opponent would stand there and watch you set all this up.
f2 call drone is -11 on hit so you would be punished. Then after you call the drone do you park it immediately then go for a 50/50? or go for a 50/50 combo with out using the drone and park it once the 50/50 has hit? and how would you manage to get a 50/50 when you're -11, your opponent isn't gonna keep blocking waiting for the 50/50.
Once the drone is activated you have 10 seconds to get all this set up and by assuming the opponent is gonna just stand and block the entire time this set up may work, but if they don't, and they escape the set up, you may be missing out on about 36% from a low starter and 30% from the overhead.
Maybe I'm wrong but I see this as gimmicky that might only work against someone who has never played a dronya before.

Ayase Chihaya

Chihayafuru
Have you got any match footage because I reallycan't see this happening in a real match?
Getting f2 to start, call drone. park drone. get a 50/50 correctly with enough corner carry to get to the corner. Activate low kami and jump in with out the opponent trying to jump, anti-air, wake up, delayed wake up or tech roll to mess up the fairly tight timing. I don't believe a decent opponent would stand there and watch you set all this up.
f2 call drone is -11 on hit so you would be punished. Then after you call the drone do you park it immediately then go for a 50/50? or go for a 50/50 combo with out using the drone and park it once the 50/50 has hit? and how would you manage to get a 50/50 when you're -11, your opponent isn't gonna keep blocking waiting for the 50/50.
Once the drone is activated you have 10 seconds to get all this set up and by assuming the opponent is gonna just stand and block the entire time this set up may work, but if they don't, and they escape the set up, you may be missing out on about 36% from a low starter and 30% from the overhead.
Maybe I'm wrong but I see this as gimmicky that might only work against someone who has never played a dronya before.
I don't have any footage yet, and this is definitely not something that happens every game but more so very situational. I have done it - but then again, not everyone on ranked is good first of all, second of all they may not know anything about special forces. I am also looking for alternate setups, not necessarily usng the JiP.

A realistic scenario is f2, drone, if you get away with it use a plus string into drone park after blocked poke, if you open them up go for corner carry and use it. Now, is it more efficient than simply using the drone for mixups or a midscreen combo? Probably not - but it opens up potential.

colby4898

I don't have any footage yet, and this is definitely not something that happens every game but more so very situational. I have done it - but then again, not everyone on ranked is good first of all, second of all they may not know anything about special forces. I am also looking for alternate setups, not necessarily using the JiP.
Yeah people on ranked matches are unlikely to have much match up experience against a dronya. People who do won't let you do f2 call drone and go for a 50/50, they'd know only 11 and b14 are safe calls and still negateive at that.
I think the best way to get a set up is to use park drone mid combo and end in a knockdown but the only way I've found to do this is from an njp starter with drone active, which isn't something that you'd be able to set up too often.
njp, park, 12, 2134. low kami, run b14 bf4. I believe that whole sequence is 41%. It isn't inescapable but is a legit set up that doesn't leave you negative after parking the drone.

colby4898

A realistic scenario is f2, drone, if you get away with it use a plus string into drone park after blocked poke, if you open them up go for corner carry and use it. Now, is it more efficient than simply using the drone for mixups or a midscreen combo? Probably not - but it opens up potential.
The only safe ways on block to park drone are 11, 111, f4, b322, 121, 4, f2 and b14 and they're all about -5 to -7. This now means that you have to block and take pressure or a combo if you get mixed up. When it's your turn mix them up with enough carry to get them to the corner. activate low kami and jump in, again hoping they don't do anything to mess up the timing. All this within the first 10 seconds of the match. I'm sorry but I just don't think this would ever happen against a decent player who knows the match up at all.
It's better to go for the damage, end in 2134 call drone. Activate block+2 and continue pressure. Activating block+2 will stop them from jumping away or dashing or doing anything really. This will allow you to pressure them withh b332 into a drone special of your choice. If you do low kami you can run and get a true block string or oncfirm into a full combo if it hits (ending in 2134 and repeat), the homing missile for some more pressure or the over head for a simple mixup which is +3 on block and guarantees another drone special on hit. Be aware that there is a gap between b322 and homing missile/low kami but it's still safe so you can bait the reversal instead of continuing pressue.