What's new

Breakthrough - Sonya Blade Sonya B332 hitbox bug. Whiffs on crouching guard, despite being a mid. Now very punishable.

The last hit of B332 ends with a mid attack. However, this "mid" can be ducked on crouching guard. What was supposed to be a safe string is now punishable on crouching guard. Why is this mid attack being ducked on crouching guard?

lslick

Stole this pic from Doombawkz :P
It depends on the character. Tested on everyone:
Kung lao = doesn't whiff
Jax = whiff
Sonya = whiff
Kenshi = whiff
Kitana = whiff
Scorpion = sometimes whiffs, sometimes it doesnt whiff
Subzero = whiff
Mileena = whiff
Takeda = whiff
Cassie = whiff
Jacqui = whiff
Kung Jin = whiff
Kano = whiff
Johnny = whiff
Erron = sometimes whiffs, sometimes it doesnt whiff
Liu = sometimes whiffs, sometimes it doesnt whiff
Ermac = whiffs
Kotal = whiffs
Reptile = sometimes whiffs, sometimes it doesnt whiff
Ferra/Torr = sometimes whiffs, sometimes it doesnt whiff
Torr = sometimes whiffs, sometimes it doesnt whiff
Dvorah = whiffs
Raiden = sometimes whiffs, sometimes it doesnt whiff
Quan = sometimes whiffs, sometimes it doesnt whiff
Goro = sometimes whiffs, sometimes it doesnt whiff

*Haven't tested it on Shinnok since I haven't unlocked him lol

They should patch this out though =[

Dedlock

Noob
I've stopped including the 2, online I just keep it at B3, 3 military stance, it's easier and Ms seems to connect better after two strings and I'll take the less damage.

lslick

Stole this pic from Doombawkz :P
I've stopped including the 2, online I just keep it at B3, 3 military stance, it's easier and Ms seems to connect better after two strings and I'll take the less damage.
You can always just cancel the first 2 since the first one connects on crouchers. It's the 2nd one that whiffs unfortunately =[

Dedlock

Noob
Oh dear, but atleast now people can't say the combo is cheap/ abusable!

I hate to say this but I wish NRS would improve Sonya's ex moves, both her ex arc kick and ex leg grab need damage buffs , but they can forgoe the damage increase if the ex leg grab gets bounce properties as it rightly deserves, everybody has fancy ex moves except for Sonya.

Her dive kick is not fast, most good players can counter the move with a well timed uppercut, it sorely needs an ex version that'll transform it into a downward knock down bicycle kick to mix things up a little.

I can live without the Kartwheel being an independent move,

Reactions: jmt
Yeah, I hope NRS recognizes this and it gets patched. What was supposed to be a safe string is now severely punishable lol. All because of a bug. I wonder if anyone else has noticed this?

Reactions: jmt

skater11

The saltiest
Wow can't believe I haven't noticed that thing about the b332 string at all. That for sure needs a fix as it should be a safe block string. I don't know about all the "buff ex moves" you guys are talking about, as I doubt we will be getting character buffs for such a character like Sonya. But we can hope I guess...

I've been wondering why I can never cancel to MS online after b332 even tho I land it consistently in training...and here I thought it was lag. Oh well, the b33 should be plenty since it's the low mixup I'm usually after, I just hate to lose the damage.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Maybe they should just label it a high and stop it from hitting on some characters... That sounds like the bug to me. :joker:

Edit
Actually... Upon further review:
After watching the video and seeing what the string looks like - it does actually, to me anyway, look like that should be labelled 'high'. It doesn't even touch the opponents head. I think it's a naming error, not a hitbox error. At best, it should be dependant on character hitbox type or "gender specific".

Last edited:

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
I don't think this is a "bug" so much as an issue with hitboxes. I wouldn't hold your breath on this one.

Same thing happens with, for example, Johnny Cage's 1,1,4 string, which is high,mid,mid and 0 on block. Certain characters can make the 4 whiff, then it's your ass.