What's new

SonixFox vs Tokido [SFV Final Round 19] Shout-Out

N00B

Noob
Sonic Fox stop playing that bitch ass annoying characters and main play that Charley Nash and Guile when he comes... SONIC FOX WITH SONIC BOOMS AHA...

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
I quit watching after SonicFox got eliminated. He's my favorite player in pretty much every game(I forgot about DJT and MIT. They're favorites too).

He needs to play a top tier character. He's wasting his ability on Fang. I thought Fang would be interesting as a zoner, but as I suspected V is about laming and damage. If people didn't realize they should play Nash and Ryu, maybe they know now.

V feels like
Gain life lead; don't jump; waste time, control space chucking fireball; build meter for next round; crouch block and don't press buttons; fish for critical art ; win game or time over.
Necalli seems pretty fucking good and his game plan is pretty much the opposite of that. I don't think the game is quite that simple.

The Farmer

Gunslinger since pre ptch -Shout out 2 Youphs 2015
i doubt any of the top sf players would be able to get top 8 in mkx, sonic fox gets top 8 in a Capcom Cup tour major and yet mkx is the "easier" game compared to SF........... Sonic will be successful at pretty much any game he applies himself to. The SF superstars are probably lucky sonic doesn't devote as much time to SF as other players do.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
i doubt any of the top sf players would be able to get top 8 in mkx, sonic fox gets top 8 in a Capcom Cup tour major and yet mkx is the "easier" game compared to SF........... Sonic will be successful at pretty much any game he applies himself to. The SF superstars are probably lucky sonic doesn't devote as much time to SF as other players do.
I think some of the SF top players would struggle and some would do just fine. I just think none of them would enjoy playing mkx lol

You sound like an elitist with this. Fighting Capcom elitists with your own brand of elitism doesn't solve anything.

"i doubt any of the top sf players would be able to get top 8 in mkx"

How do you know this? You're making baseless claims like every other troll/elitist.

I honestly think guys like Daigo,infiltration,momochi,wong,sonicfox,ChrisG,etc. would do good in any fighting game they devote time with. Can Daigo win MKX at evo? Maybe but most likely not, can sonicfox win SF 5 at evo? Maybe but most likely not. Different mechanics none the less they would all do good I imagine. SF 5 is still too new, who knows who the best players will be? Maybe it's someone who didn't even participate in final round.

The Farmer

Gunslinger since pre ptch -Shout out 2 Youphs 2015
You sound like an elitist with this. Fighting Capcom elitists with your own brand of elitism doesn't solve anything.

How do you know this? You're making baseless claims like every other troll/elitist.
Did I rustle your jimmies? It's just my opinion. People on the SF side of things have come up with plenty of elitist remarks for sonic downplaying his accomplishments. I'm not staying anything new here. It's my opinion they wouldn't be as successful vice versa. How is that trolling? Did I use insults and profanity, check your blood pressure.

Baconlord

Proud follower of the church of Cetrion
Wow he lost a competitive set with a bottom tier character against tokido. What a scrub. Capcom master race.

Colest

Mid-Tier 'Mancer Main
That's something he has no control of, so why mention it?

Clearly fox is a talented kid. He just beat who got put in front of him.
I think he mentioned it because the one player with a respectably proven record for Capcom games at an international level that Fox beat was Knuckle Du. It was painfully obvious he wasn't suggesting collusion.

I think he mentioned it because the one player with a respectably proven record for Capcom games at an international level that Fox beat was Knuckle Du. It was painfully obvious he wasn't suggesting collusion.
My point still holds all the weight. He can't pick & choose in a tournament.

Colest

Mid-Tier 'Mancer Main
My point still holds all the weight. He can't pick & choose in a tournament.
You're point means shit. The dude beat one renowned player. Whether he could magically choose his brackets or not, this tournament hasn't cemented his place as a top international player despite what others are trying to peddle in this thread. So pointing out he didn't get to pick who he fought means fuck all because results are determined by who he did beat which, Knuckle Du aside, are people that are nobodies on the big stage.

Last edited:
Did I rustle your jimmies? It's just my opinion. People on the SF side of things have come up with plenty of elitist remarks for sonic downplaying his accomplishments. I'm not staying anything new here. It's my opinion they wouldn't be as successful vice versa. How is that trolling? Did I use insults and profanity, check your blood pressure.
So you're either an NRS elitist or just someone with bad opinions, - or both. No my jimmies aren't rustled, I just try to have intelligent conversations so I guess I assume others should too.

Helter Skelter

CHIPPINGxTRAPPINGxZONING
Can't we be happy for him without living vicariously through him?

He's my favourite player but his achievements are his own.

He didn't score points for any team other than cR. Also, let's not get it twisted other players from other communities have done well in NRS.

Congratulate him and leave it at that.

You're point means shit. The dude beat one renowned player. Whether he could magically choose his brackets or not, this tournament hasn't cemented his place as a top international player despite what others are trying to peddle in this thread. So pointing out he didn't get to pick who he fought means fuck all because results are determined by who he did beat which, Knuckle Du aside, are people that are nobodies on the big stage.
So after 1000+ entrants in SFV Fox makes top 8 and that's not credible? Like my First Sergeant says "you can't please everybody!"

I could've sworn SFV has been out a little over a month. How is beating anyone you deemed "renowned" any more credible? Other than the fact that they're renowned of course.

Emotional ass hoe.

His claim ain't really baseless because none of them want to step onto the arena.

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
Sonic Fox got top 8. In a 1000 person tournament. In a game that isn't even his main game, and which he only just started playing. Using, arguably, the absolute worst character on the roster.

Anyone remotely downplaying the accomplishment in any way is kidding themselves. Have the people downplaying this ever even been to a tournament? Try to go out and get a top 8 at all - even in a small tournament, in your best game, with a top tier character. It's something a majority of players will never experience.

The level of talent required to do what Fox did is massive. I'm betting that any Capcom non-believers will believe now. I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of the top Capcom players start training him/with him now. If the USA wants to beat japan, we're going to need Fox playing this game at the highest level. I really hope he sticks with the game and trains hard. It would be awesome to see him crushing it in SFV. Not sure if he needs to change characters or not... maybe he can be the one that makes FANG scary? Or maybe someone like Necalli is more his speed.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
A player good at multiple games coming along and being better than most of the U.S. Capcom players at the one game they play is pretty standard. Nothing to see here

Colest

Mid-Tier 'Mancer Main
So after 1000+ entrants in SFV Fox makes top 8 and that's not credible? Like my First Sergeant says "you can't please everybody!"

I could've sworn SFV has been out a little over a month. How is beating anyone you deemed "renowned" any more credible? Other than the fact that they're renowned of course.

Emotional ass hoe.
Get back to me when he has more than one notch on his belt. Dizzy beat Fox in the second tournament of MKX's life with Raiden and no one with an ounce of sense was under the delusion that that made Dizzy a consistent top player in MKX or better than Fox. Likewise, if we had a top 8 MKX player list as of right now I can promise Pnut would be missing from most of the lists posted. Consistency is the judge of skill and consistently beating American players, in a game where it is known that the American scene is just all around worse than the Korean or Japanese scene, means nothing on an international level. Kind of like how European players aren't taken seriously here until they putting up results against Americans.

He's a great player. One of the best American players. But being the best American player in a franchise where international top 8's are notably void of American players doesn't make him a renowned international player. Like @Qwark28 said, I get you guys have some sort of inferiority complex from a Capcom stream monster touching you inappropriately but get some perspective. Posts like this are exactly why Capcom players tease NRS players.

Here's a homework assignment for you. Go over to SRK and see how many threads they have about how they need a pro player to infiltrate the MKX scene using Kenshi and to place top 8 to keep us NRS plebs in our place.

Last edited:
Get back to me when he has more than one notch on his belt. Dizzy beat Fox in the second tournament of MKX's life with Raiden and no one with an ounce of sense was under the delusion that that made Dizzy a consistent top player in MKX or better than Fox. Likewise, if we had a top 8 MKX player list as of right now I can promise Pnut would be missing from most of the lists posted. Consistency is the judge of skill and consistently beating American players, in a game where it is known that the American scene is just all around worse than the Korean or Japanese scene, means nothing on an international level. Kind of like how European players aren't taken seriously here until they putting up results against Americans.

He's a great player. One of the best American players. But being the best American player in a franchise where international top 8's are notably void of American players doesn't make him a renowned international player. Like @Qwark28 said, I get you guys have some sort of inferiority complex from a Capcom stream monster touching you inappropriately but get some perspective. Posts like this are exactly why Capcom players tease NRS players.

Here's a homework assignment for you. Go over to SRK and see how many threads they have about how they need a pro player to infiltrate the MKX scene using Kenshi and to place top 8 to keep us NRS plebs in our place.
Like I said the game just started its lifespan. We'll see what the future holds.

Inferiority complex? Bruh it's a game wtf are you on?

You said all that, but that has yet to happen. Even though MKX is an "easier" game lol.