What's new

SonixFox vs Tokido [SFV Final Round 19] Shout-Out

StormGoddess

Your mind tricks won't harm me!!!
i absolutely love watching him play SFV- i hope he continues. considering that Fang is believed by many to be the worst character in SFV and his short exposure to SF and its game engine- Sonics results are amazing to see...

Slymind

Noob
He was very entertaining to watch, and the only FANG i recall seeing.

Major props and good luck to him if he intents to keep playing SFV.

Matix218

Get over here!
He will advance further, maybe Top 8-16 at EVO for SFV.
I would love to see him do it but just being realistic it seems very unlikely that he would be able to pull this off at the biggest tournament in the world with literally all of the world's best players (specifically Japanese players) with a low tier character. If he pulled off even a top 16 at evo that would be a serious accomplishment

Last edited:
Sonic fox is a rarity, but he did also avoid the heavy hitters and the heavy hitters took each other out for him.
He beat Julio (2nd at Winter Brawl), Wolfkrone, and Knuckle Du. Thats pretty respectable IMO.

Props to Forever King for making it in top 128 too with his Laura. I was surprised to see that DJT went 0-2 in his pool considering how well he played Valle on his stream.

Tweedy

Noob
He beat Julio (2nd at Winter Brawl), Wolfkrone, and Knuckle Du. Thats pretty respectable IMO.

Props to Forever King for making it in top 128 too with his Laura. I was surprised to see that DJT went 0-2 in his pool considering how well he played Valle on his stream.
I remember hearing that DJT couldn't make his pool.

Blade4693

VIVIVI
I am sure the MK/NRS haters will continue to deny it but this alone should be testament to his talent and skill as a player. The fact that he is already placing top 8 in SFV and is actually managing to hang with people who have likley had far more experience with SF as a whole is damn impressive.

Just curious...how does one avoid in a tournament where you don't pick your opponent?
I guess what he means is that the favorite/strongest guys were put against each other and they eliminated themselves. As in sonicfox was pitted against other guys that weren't as strong. Anyhow it was a great showing from him and everyone that participated.

I guess what he means is that the favorite/strongest guys were put against each other and they eliminated themselves. As in sonicfox was pitted against other guys that weren't as strong. Anyhow it was a great showing from him and everyone that participated.
That's something he has no control of, so why mention it?

Clearly fox is a talented kid. He just beat who got put in front of him.

That's something he has no control of, so why mention it?

Clearly fox is a talented kid. He just beat who got put in front of him.
Yup I agree 100% with that he didn't pay off people to have the top guys fight and eliminate each other. I guess the actual guy who mentioned this probably was just saying that things would be different if he had to face those guys but I'm not sure, maybe he'll answer your question. Tying for 8th place in a big tourney like this is awesome, we can't bash him for how the pools went.