What's new

SonicFox's Top 5, Main at EVO, THEO and more

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
When I even mentioned that Catwoman was very high up in the top 10, I got ripped by my friend & several others because I said that she seemed better than Darksied lol.

Edit: Some of you need to keep in mind that people's opinions of characters tend to change.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
It's still one person's opinion

That's been changed twice

Without a balance patch

(That means he doesn't really know)
So are you saying meta doesn't evolve? That once someone makes a list it is 100% set in stone until a balance patch?

I also love how people bitch and moan when Sonic only releases these because people keep asking him who is top tier. What's he supposed to say lol.

Paul the Octopus

Slow Starter
Blue Beetle is honestly the worst one. He can basically stay at fullscreen and zone all day and once I get in shield bash makes it much harder to establish any oki or any pressure. His fly also makes trait pretty much useless as he can make the trait shots miss very easily. He always has more meter pretty much as well. If the Blue Beetle plays as lame as possible it is really an uphill battle for the whole match.

Red Hood is kind of similar. He has a good wakeup and good reversals so pressure isn't as effective. With air shots he can make trait not as effective and zone out well. His trap game and mixups are really good as well as his footsies. I'm not set on him being 4-6 yet though, I need to play the matchup more.

You are probably right, I just really hate that matchup.

I don't think so. With trait I can break the armor pretty easily unless it's level 3. Atro has just as good walkspeed so I don't feel like that's really an issue. Yes you can pushblock but Atro can gain meter easily by using puddles from fullscreen since Bane has no real way to punish. Shield gives Atro a lot of armor breaking properties as well. Also once Bane is on debuff I tend to have a lot of meter so I can afford to spend the 2 bars to do a ton of damage off of bounce cancel combos. Right now i'm leaning towards 5-5 on this matchup but I could be wrong, need more experience.
What is Red Hood's good wake up? The invincibility on his back dash special runs out very quickly. GL can do a meaty b1 and stuff it, and I imagine other advancing strings can do the same thing - can't Atro do a meaty f2?

Wigy

There it is...
Not that sonics tier lists are ever particularly accurate but catwoman is easily top.

Been saying this for weeks.

She has a number of busted moves and then a very strong neutral and can barely be zoned out

G11OST

Noob
Hood vs am 6-4 In am favor
Hood can't air to air am
TentAcle beats hood zoning
Hood plus strings puts am in perfect range for his d1
Hood has no good wakeup due to AM range

Hood vs attrocitous 5.5-4.5 attrocitous favor
Attrocitous advancing strings denies hoods wake up
Attrocitous d1 is kind of like am in that it can check hood due to the range
Hood can punish attrocitous hard tho and lock him down, mid screen and corner with mine setups

Not necessary bad match ups, not sure what sonic considers bad match ups tho, but hood does have to work a lil harder for the win of the match up is known

Just my 2 cents, and my opinion as well