What's new

SonicFox's Top 5, Main at EVO, THEO and more

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Why Blue Beetle? Doesn't make sense in my head, but I don't enough.
Also, why Red Hood?

Those match ups make sense.. CW might be 5/5; she tends to be 5/5 across the board. His trait still works on locking her down, but she has great footsies. So it make sense why you'd say 'maybe' on her.
Blue Beetle is honestly the worst one. He can basically stay at fullscreen and zone all day and once I get in shield bash makes it much harder to establish any oki or any pressure. His fly also makes trait pretty much useless as he can make the trait shots miss very easily. He always has more meter pretty much as well. If the Blue Beetle plays as lame as possible it is really an uphill battle for the whole match.

Red Hood is kind of similar. He has a good wakeup and good reversals so pressure isn't as effective. With air shots he can make trait not as effective and zone out well. His trap game and mixups are really good as well as his footsies. I'm not set on him being 4-6 yet though, I need to play the matchup more.

Aqua is 5-5 or 6-4 atro
You are probably right, I just really hate that matchup.

I think Bane may beat him too. I always have meter to push block trait away twice every time he calls it out so Im always fighting base Atrocitus only. With no trait against Bane it is super rough, Bane has better walk speed and armor in nuetral and destroys him on knock down
I don't think so. With trait I can break the armor pretty easily unless it's level 3. Atro has just as good walkspeed so I don't feel like that's really an issue. Yes you can pushblock but Atro can gain meter easily by using puddles from fullscreen since Bane has no real way to punish. Shield gives Atro a lot of armor breaking properties as well. Also once Bane is on debuff I tend to have a lot of meter so I can afford to spend the 2 bars to do a ton of damage off of bounce cancel combos. Right now i'm leaning towards 5-5 on this matchup but I could be wrong, need more experience.

Last edited:

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I think Bane may beat him too. I always have meter to push block trait away twice every time he calls it out so Im always fighting base Atrocitus only. With no trait against Bane it is super rough, Bane has better walk speed and armor in nuetral and destroys him on knock down
Hmm idk about that

greguu

GOTCHA
I think the OP is a little misleading. In the interview Sonic was asked who were his "top tier characters" not who his top 5 were. It's a slightly different question; a similar question, but still different. After he named those 4 (AM, BA, CW, & Atro) he said "that's just to name a few". I don't believe he was doing a numbered list.

Kooron Nation

More Ass and Tits for MK11
Come on this guy gives out a new top 5/10 every week now, puts CatWoman in there because he can't beat Semiij lul.

You guys honestly believe Catwoman is top 4 and better than Deadshot, Batman, Superman, Scarecrow, Harley.....just because she can low profile and has a good jump in.......?

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Come on this guy gives out a new top 5/10 every week now, puts CatWoman in there because he can't beat Semiij lul.

You guys honestly believe Catwoman is top 4 and better than Deadshot, Batman, Superman, Scarecrow, Harley.....just because she can low profile and has a good jump in.......?
As @greguu just explained, he wasn't asked to make a definitive top 5. He was asked who was top tier and said that more than those 4 characters are top tier. Catwoman probably isn't top 5 but she's right outside of it for sure.

Last edited:

Kooron Nation

More Ass and Tits for MK11
As @greguu just explained, he wasn't asked to make a definitive top 5. He was asked who was top tier and said that more than those 4 characters are top tier. Catwoman probably isn't top 5 but she's right outside of it for sure.
I will agree somewhere in the 6-10 range, definitely not top 5

tly believe Catwoman is top 4 and better than Deadshot, Batman, Superman, Scarecrow, Harley....You guys hones.just because she can low profile and has a good jump in.......?
That is exactly the reason.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
Red hood as aq
you have to respect bombs and zoning but he has to respect tentacle and if he ever does air guns punish with tentacle. and in footsie range you win free. d1 trident rush or just b123 theres nothing RH can do but hold the pressure since all his good strings are high. its not super heavily in Aquamans favor but you have the advantage, definitely winnable for RH i wouldnt counterpick for it.

also im finally glad people are talking about how stupid catwoman is, she can literally jump at you from a halfscreen away and full combo you if it hits

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
if red hood doesnt lose any matchups and isn't top 5 then how many characters actually don't lose matchups? in most games usually only the top 1-3 dont have bad matchups.

chores

bad at things
if red hood doesnt lose any matchups and isn't top 5 then how many characters actually don't lose matchups? in most games usually only the top 1-3 dont have bad matchups.
in my amateur opinion it feels rough to play RH vs black adam and darkseid

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.

Honestly, as a CW player.. Possibly. I think she's def better than Crow and Harley (I dont play Harley but Crow is one of my mains) and in all-around terms, I think she's absolutely better than Deadshot. She may not be better than Supes, but shes less polarizing.

CW is a character with so much.. stuff, that shes never really out of her depth, and even in a MU where she might not dominate, she doesnt really ever lose. With her weird hitbox stuff going, I feel like she's also getting better with time as we find new ways to exploit that and new ways to bring all her tools to a fight.

I dont want her nerfed, I think she's extremely fair EXCEPT the weird hitbox stuff - but I can see her being way up the list and I can see her taking a hit or three when balance patches arrive.

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
in my amateur opinion it feels rough to play RH vs black adam and darkseid
yeah but sonic is saying here that red hood doesnt have a bad matchup. by that logic, he would be above some of the characters he listed because im not sure if atrocitus or catwoman don't have bad matchups.

you could be right though, i dont know enough about red hood (and a handful of other characters tbh) to really say where he wins or loses

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Why Blue Beetle? Doesn't make sense in my head, but I don't enough.
Also, why Red Hood?

Those match ups make sense.. CW might be 5/5; she tends to be 5/5 across the board. His trait still works on locking her down, but she has great footsies. So it make sense why you'd say 'maybe' on her.
I can see her winning because B3 is a really good way to deal with him trying to get in with his trait, it goes under his projectile and MB can deal with shield so he can't just get trait out and go crazy unlike anyone else. MBcatdash punishes puddle anywhere on the screen and if you block a low puddle while he has trait out you can do evade to dodge his projectile into trait, if he doesn't shoot his trait you can't punish after recovering but you at least get pressure.

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt

She's definitely better than Scarecrow, Harley, Deadshot and probably Superman.

Not better than Batman though imo