What's new

SonicFox Wins Mortal Kombat X @ Winter Brawl X

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
Another major in the bag and another W for the Fox! Critical Reaction had a strong showing in top 8 with 5 members total and 3/3 in top 3, but Sonic Fox EX Flipkicked and 21U4'd his way to victory in a close 3-2 set in Grand Finals over Dragon, right before Cassie is violated with the nerf bat on Tuesday. Results and archives are below:

1. cR|SonicFox (Cassie Cage - Hollywood, Tanya - Kobu Jutsu)
2. cR|Dragon (Tanya - Kobu Jutsu)
3. cR|HoneyBee (D'Vorah - Swarm Queen)
4. Noble|Jupiter (Jax - Wrestler)
5. YOMI|Michaelangelo (Quan Chi - Summoner)
5. cR|Biohazard (Ferra/Torr - Ruthless, Lackey)
7. cR|Gunshow (Kung Jin - Shaolin)
7. PG|Coach Steve (Kano - Cybernetic)

Archives: http://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky/v/51355593

MKX starts at 2:07:45

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
I stood in awe of the upset I had just witnessed. I whirled around to look at the crowd and their collectively stunned reaction. I whispered to myself "he's actually done it. Sonicfox won the major." I will never forget the exact spot I stood.

Haha jk another day at the races. Grats to everyone in top 8, you guys all played out of your minds.

ChoseDeath

Seriously Casual Player.
Great tourney, congratulations to CR, special shout out to Biohazard (we love you, from the F/T community), and fantastic job to SonicFox, the greatest of us all!

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Congrats to Sonic Fox. He took a break to play SFV and he is still the best. Even when he loses, it seems like he's just a hair away from winning. Sonic Fox, GOAT tier for sure.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
I can't separate the spectator in me from the player. Player says gg's to all but the spectator had more fun watching KDZ shoot lasers for 5 minutes during EVO2013
Spectators all love the hug and one handed fatality too though.

evolution07

It's too soon to get cocky.
buffing everyones poke frames is allready a nerf for him, he can no longer block infinite some of the cast.
I wonder with a 6f poke if he can be interrupted during his cancels. I was told he's +10/11 on them so just curious if I need to continue to respect until he does his MB flying kick

I wonder with a 6f poke if he can be interrupted during his cancels. I was told he's +10/11 on them so just curious if I need to continue to respect until he does his MB flying kick
depends wich combo he uses hes +10 on some not on all, and yes after the fly kick now he wont be able to continue.

great show as always guys.,.. big thanks to Big-e gaming and a special "whoowho!" to @HoneyBee .. it seams like you have been missing for ages.. great to see you and your brutal 40%+ pressure again! Also coachSteve was awesome bringing some Kano pre-pactch into the action.

Can not wait to see how XL changes things. Even with the beta nurff of the command grab to EX-command I still think people like Noble|Jupiter are going to get a boost. i mean that guys is top8 all the time... I really want him to get a win!!