What's new

SonicFox Uses D'vorah - Analyzing Tech

omooba

fear the moobs
My main problem with D'vorah is that she's just so slow on everything. I like to pressure, but you just can't pressure with D'vorah.
slow doesn't equal lack of pressure
her pressure is pretty good it's just not the typical plus frames/stagger blender\

personally my problem with d'vorah is she's terrible at dealing with other people's gameplans
-can't come close to competing in dmg
-trash anti zoning (trust me that shit is straight gimicky trash)
-slow buttons/trash against stagger pressure

but she's soooo much fun and by far the most unique character in the game

OzzFoxx

Hardcore gaming poser.
I’m somewhat worried they will buff her by giving her more tools that other players have, ie. faster moves/recovery, damage, mids, etc. She’s a great character because she is unique. I want shit everywhere on the screen, that’s how D’vorah should play. Bugs crawling up every orifice in your opponent, making them terrified to release R2. If you took what she had now and added a summoner Quan chi type stance, it would be fun as hell and she’d be even w the cast

You can really tell sonic was nervous in cb (not only in the finals), so many combo drops and input errors. In casual games with no pressure, he mops everybody with any character.
He always looks nervous to me. Always figetting and rubbing his knees and giggling like a school girl at everything.

jcbowie

...more deadly than the dawn.
slow doesn't equal lack of pressure
her pressure is pretty good it's just not the typical plus frames/stagger blender\

personally my problem with d'vorah is she's terrible at dealing with other people's gameplans
-can't come close to competing in dmg
-trash anti zoning (trust me that shit is straight gimicky trash)
-slow buttons/trash against stagger pressure

but she's soooo much fun and by far the most unique character in the game
I'd add that her up-close offense is terrible too, she's wildly unsafe on many of her key moves and has few situations where she can establish pressure of her own aside from getting a clean conversion and nailing a setup (which, as you said, doesn't do much since her damage is pitiful ESPECIALLY from her terribly scaled setups).

I hate that I love playing as her, there's no other character with this setup based playstyle and I'd love it if she could contend with most matchups. The problem with this character, in a really overarching way, is that her entire neutral has to be based on the opponent fearing and respecting her setups, and in reality they don't have to fear or respect anything. The only way D'Vorah can get wins right now is when her opponent doesn't KNOW that they don't need to fear or respect anything.

I'd add that her up-close offense is terrible too, she's wildly unsafe on many of her key moves and has few situations where she can establish pressure of her own aside from getting a clean conversion and nailing a setup (which, as you said, doesn't do much since her damage is pitiful ESPECIALLY from her terribly scaled setups).

I hate that I love playing as her, there's no other character with this setup based playstyle and I'd love it if she could contend with most matchups. The problem with this character, in a really overarching way, is that her entire neutral has to be based on the opponent fearing and respecting her setups, and in reality they don't have to fear or respect anything. The only way D'Vorah can get wins right now is when her opponent doesn't KNOW that they don't need to fear or respect anything.
Yeah thats the same here , when they start blocking the full d1 kapito rush and her staggers, then start waiting for throws, your left to just ATTEMPT to out space them and whiff punish or catch them off guard. All the people I play on a regular to train pretty much know every gimmick she has (because I've done them all in one way or another) so getting a win is rare.

I've actually gravitated to Jacqui's Next Gen variation. I love the DOT, her setups actually work when you open up your opponent and the dive kick reminds me of CSZ from MKX (who I mained and stayed loyal too). You match her really good buttons, to her viable setups and ability to semi counter zone and get around zoning you have a REALLY fun character to play when Dvorah just kills your fun and record lol.

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
Yeah thats the same here , when they start blocking the full d1 kapito rush and her staggers, then start waiting for throws, your left to just ATTEMPT to out space them and whiff punish or catch them off guard. All the people I play on a regular to train pretty much know every gimmick she has (because I've done them all in one way or another) so getting a win is rare.

I've actually gravitated to Jacqui's Next Gen variation. I love the DOT, her setups actually work when you open up your opponent and the dive kick reminds me of CSZ from MKX (who I mained and stayed loyal too). You match her really good buttons, to her viable setups and ability to semi counter zone and get around zoning you have a REALLY fun character to play when Dvorah just kills your fun and record lol.
You may have sold me on trying next gen. What kind of setups are we talking about here? Is it just the dot into heavy chip?

You may have sold me on trying next gen. What kind of setups are we talking about here? Is it just the dot into heavy chip?
Safe set ups into the dot (Especially in the corner which comes with amazing anti air set ups because of the distance the ender leaves you at) You can do setups that allow you to punish u2 and u3 wakeups and forward rolls. She also has a set up for her back throw krushing blow that is done while in the dome in the corner. I think I saw a midscreen setup for that krushing blow as well. She's honestly alot of fun and still practical.

Her staggers are great, she can get in safely, damage is still great without the clinch, still benefits from a +4 string, and she can beat and/or contest with zoners. Within her zoning distance you can block a projectile and reversal EX her shot to hit them and place DOT under them. She definitely keeps zoners fair. I wish I could get her f22(rapidly) consistently, but I've been wrapped up in dvorah (shes still bae tho lol)

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
Safe set ups into the dot (Especially in the corner which comes with amazing anti air set ups because of the distance the ender leaves you at) You can do setups that allow you to punish u2 and u3 wakeups and forward rolls. She also has a set up for her back throw krushing blow that is done while in the dome in the corner. I think I saw a midscreen setup for that krushing blow as well. She's honestly alot of fun and still practical.

Her staggers are great, she can get in safely, damage is still great without the clinch, still benefits from a +4 string, and she can beat and/or contest with zoners. Within her zoning distance you can block a projectile and reversal EX her shot to hit them and place DOT under them. She definitely keeps zoners fair. I wish I could get her f22(rapidly) consistently, but I've been wrapped up in dvorah (shes still bae tho lol)
I've been looking at her for the past hour or so. I definitely like the possibilities. Still got pressure and buttons, but these dot and shield setups are going to be fun.

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I love that this thread on D’Vorah tech has devolved into a thread about using a totally different character. Sadly, that says everything you need to know about our favorite bug lady...

“The ultimate D’Vorah tech: play a different fucking character.”

I love that this thread on D’Vorah tech has devolved into a thread about using a totally different character. Sadly, that says everything you need to know about our favorite bug lady...

“The ultimate D’Vorah tech: play a different fucking character.”
lol its not necessarily play a different character but if you want to still have fun with some setplay and a bit easier. I just think this variation of jacqui fills the void only until a proper fix to dvorah is made sadly

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
Oh look a top player uses a character and shows shes not bad yet here come the scrubs still denying the fact right in thier face LMAO.