What's new

SonicFox Uses D'vorah - Analyzing Tech

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Apparently, I'm watching this match against SylverRye's Liu Kang and noticed some VERY distinctive tech. I want us to watch together to see what we can find to implement in our gameplay. So watch the video and point out important parts of the video.

For example

At 13:20 mark notice how F22 goes right UNDER Liu Kang's High fireball. It literally low profiles for a clean hit. Thats HUGE! Little things like that can make the matchup easier.

Check it out and tell me what you find. Righteous ;)

JTC

ABILITY TO FREEZE
How is this possible? Sonic should not be winning at all, according to some folks here the tier lists determine that Dvorah has a 0-10 mu against every character.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Everyone needs that Dvorah matchup experience cause not a lot of people are using her.
Ive only came across 3 at the most since the beginning of launch. Her slower pace of moves actually make you think more on when to hit and how to strike next. Clearly, everybody else has better tools but I feel using D'vorah makes you a smarter player overall which is why I am currently playing her and her 2nd variation.

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
the amplify bug throw tech into guaranteed full combo is also kinda cheap and easy to do but it gives some flavor to her
I think of it more like I can spend 2 bars to get a high command grab that does between 150 and 220 damage based entirely on random chance. Sometimes the hit animation will turn the characters around for no discernible reason which effects the way you can convert off it.

Lots of characters get this sort of thing without a setup, so I don't really see how it's any cheaper than any other command grab just because I get to combo for my damage instead of just spending the bar.

Also, if you have a d2 KB, you can counter the throw and the bugs go away. There is counter play here.

Lun

proud TERF!
How is this possible? Sonic should not be winning at all, according to some folks here the tier lists determine that Dvorah has a 0-10 mu against every character.
Well, it's called outplaying. You know?

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
@JTC @JBeezYBabY
Let's be real for a second, try to forget we're on TYM. Just for a moment.
Sonic making Vora look good has nothing to do with how good or bad the character is.
It's the same dude that can double flawless you to a 13-0 with Geras and won't even break a sweat.

He needs to play the worst character in the game to have some fun.

As far as anyone reasonable is concerned right now, D'Vorah is as bad as Sheeva was in MK9.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
@JTC @JBeezYBabY
Let's be real for a second, try to forget we're on TYM. Just for a moment.
Sonic making Vora look good has nothing to do with how good or bad the character is.
It's the same dude that can double flawless you to a 13-0 with Geras and won't even break a sweat.

He needs to play the worst character in the game to have some fun.

As far as anyone reasonable is concerned right now, D'Vorah is as bad as Sheeva was in MK9.
Oh u preaching to the choir over here. We know she still is the worst from the cast. Uncle JBeezY is very aware of that which is why i posted that video here to make it easier for us D'vorah players. Until she gets buffs, we gonna have to deal with her weaknesses and turn them into strengths.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Oh u preaching to the choir over here. We know she still is the worst from the cast. Uncle JBeezY is very aware of that which is why i posted that video here to make it easier for us D'vorah players. Until she gets buffs, we gonna have to deal with her weaknesses and turn them into strengths.
Fair enough. Thought it was going to be the same delusion going on about my baby gurl.
Y'all be off the hook.