What's new

"SonicFox takes off the hat", captured as one of the most memorable FGC moments of 2016

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
TheScoreEsports had put together their top 10 "Most Memorable FGC Moments of 2016" at the summit of the New Year and low and behold, the EVO 2016 Mortal Kombat X Grand Finals' moment where Tekken Master made SonicFox take off his hat was one of the moments captured. As many know, it is extremely rare to see SonicFox without his furry blue hat whenever competing. The fact that he took it off when Tekken Master was shaking things up, had the crowd and the commentary going wild.

At this point, you either love or hate the Fox for his success in MKX. He has proved himself to be basically untouchable throughout the reign of Mortal Kombat X. He has been defeated by players, but you might say he's like a spring... every defeat only makes me come back faster. (read more about this statement here)

You can check out the clip that TheScoreEsports pulled, here. TheScoreEsports have 175K followers on their twitter, so rest assured these two competitors made some heads turn.

evo1.png evo2.png evo3.png evo31.png

It's always good to see major websites showing NetherRealm some love.

Last edited:

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
If there was hate at EVO's, it was towards Alien, not Sonic. And another thought, Sonic is touchable but he is also very smart. We've seen it all.

CaptainCM

Certified trash
I hate when people act like Sonic only took off his hat this one time, and is unstoppable when he does so.

#neverforget
Also that one time when he switched to Kobu Tanya versus Scar in grand finals. Can't remember what tournament that was.

Tanno

The Fantasy is the Reality of the Mind
I would say that when Sonic Fox puts off his hat, is when he switches his gears. Consider this switching as the 2nd form of the final boss. lol