What's new

SonicFox new tier list

Oh and should we tell them about how it's usually a great idea to neutral duck against him? His overpowered 9f mid leads into the same damage that his grab does lol. OH but the KB, he has to hit you with 2 f2 1+3s in a row. or 3 f33 1+3s in a row. And it's only 30%. A 1 time 30% off of a mid.. jeez, that's.. just broken.
That’s because these people are referring to online guys.

jax and jacqui are in a similar boat as sub zero as they can get away with bullshit because of latency.

jax players staggering f3 like it’s fucking plus out here and beating out people mashing the shit out of d1(me lolo).

I can usually poke that shit if the pings nice tho.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
That’s because these people are referring to online guys.

jax and jacqui are in a similar boat as sub zero as they can get away with bullshit because of latency.

jax players staggering f3 like it’s fucking plus out here and beating out people mashing the shit out of d1(me lolo).

I can usually poke that shit if the pings nice tho.
Lag literally shouldn't matter. The stagger isn't that reactable anyways, you should be expecting the stagger and blowing it up on a read.
If you see f33 come out on block then wait 15-20f to react to it, no shit it's plus. So what if you're wrong? Jax lets you afford to be wrong.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I've come to the conclusion that It doesn't matter even though most feel jax up close is annoying, jacqui not even going to justify her bs it's pretty self explanatory.

With jax I've found months ago the best way to beat him is to zone him out, keep his ass far and he cant do shit.

Last edited:
Just like him, the tier is bulshit. The minute one sees Johnny, Cetrion, RAIDEN, KOLLECTOR, and Kotal in S tier, you know someone's been drinking way too much.
Sonic Fox has always made bad tier lists. I hope he does it to troll or as tactical exaggeration, because if he is being serious, then he is a genius player that’s bad at assessment. It’s not unlike how Michael Jordan is arguably the best NBA player of all time, but failed hard in operations for both the Wizards and the Hornets/Bobcats.

This is the same person that called Blonde Vegeta bad in DBFZ before his nerfs, said Beerus was high-tier, and greatly underestimated Adult Gohan (best before first major patch).

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Sonic Fox has always made bad tier lists. I hope he does it to troll or as tactical exaggeration, because if he is being serious, then he is a genius player that’s bad at assessment. It’s not unlike how Michael Jordan is arguably the best NBA player of all time, but failed hard in operations for both the Wizards and the Hornets/Bobcats.

This is the same person that called Blonde Vegeta bad in DBFZ before his nerfs, said Beerus was high-tier, and greatly underestimated Adult Gohan (best before first major patch).
I know right? But you gotta admit the sonic shills are funny yet embarrassing just goes to show who's a tool and who can actually think for themselves with tier lists.

@Skylight1 Lol what is it they say? Cocaine is a hella of a drug

Last edited:

Espio

Kokomo
Well in the interests of being constructive instead of just reactionary, I'll comment.

I think my issue is the Jade comments were incredibly vague and unspecific with zero comments on Emerald Defender. Very little time devoted to Jade and a lot of time to discussing buff suggestions. Sonic isn't the only one raving about Untamable, but nobody ever expounds upon why it's "broke" or what have you. Not sold in regards to that as nobody articulates or illustrates why it should be considered co-equal or better than Emerald Defender or Jaded. Not saying anyone's wrong, but it's never been properly explained.

His take on Baraka is interesting though cause I definitely think Berzerker is really good and has been discounted for quite some time and been saying as much. I don't know if it's the "best" though or if it's the case of people just being lazy and going with the combo variation. I do think the unbreakable damage is dope as well as the gapless chip and what have you.

Erron bottom 2 is interesting, guess I can be a low tier hero and play ya boy lul.

The perception if Nightwolf is strange because most Nightwolf players don't condition properly with him and I feel like he has the mids to punish people for mashing buttons and being careless.

haketh

Noob
His take on Baraka is interesting though cause I definitely think Berzerker is really good and has been discounted for quite some time and been saying as much. I don't know if it's the "best" though or if it's the case of people just being lazy and going with the combo variation. I do think the unbreakable damage is dope as well as the gapless chip and what have you.
I haven't peeped Berzerker yet, what makes it hot?

Espio

Kokomo
I haven't peeped Berzerker yet, what makes it hot?
Okay I'll try to do a straight up write up on this character.

Forward 2,1,2 is his plus on block high string, but it is vulnerable to flawless block. In this variation, Baraka's leg kebob blows up flawless block attempts AND has a crushing blow on it, strengthening the viability and threat of this string. People who know the match up will hold the plus frames rather than risk flawless blocking and eating a high damaging crushing blow that does bleed damage.

Many Baraka players and people who fight Baraka note/complain that Baraka struggles versus zoners. Baraka serker aka punchwalk has immense corner carry and unbreakable damage plus good hit advantage so you can corner carry the opponent immensely which helps offset the disadvantage of fighting certain zoners since if you can put them in the corner you can bully them with mix ups, staggers and pokes all of which are amplified in this variation.

Leg kebob is a safe on block special that is gapless off of Baraka's mid strings and can provide enough push back that throws will whiff on Baraka making it a nice alternative to forward 4,4, and due to the visual cue being different for forward 4,4 versus f4 leg kebob can bait people into pressing buttons. Back 3,1, 2 and Back 2,1 leg kebob are both safe overhead/low enders that can send the opponent closer to the corner or put the opponent back in the corner.

Blade charge people that don't play the variation or don't appreciate the move will miss out on how viable this attack is because you can end all combos into it and side switch meterless. Some characters have to come off of a bar just to be able to side switch. Let's say you catch the opponent escaping the corner with no meter, you can still still get 20% for a meterless inescapable side switch combo off 112 or 16% off of either mid.

Punchwalk/barakzerker has a built in 50/50 on whether you meter burn or don't. It's -3 on meter burn with pushback. The opponent can flawless block this option making it unsafe but if you just do the regular unsafe version flawless block loses and the opponent is punished for attempting the attack. Blocked pokes become a scenario of having to guess if Baraka is canceling into punch walk, just blocking or conditioning the opponent so you can keep harassing. Then there's ex on hit that sends the opponent closer to the corner and can side switch for 25% life. This special also does insane chip damage so if you have 4 or 5% chip Baraka touching you is the end of the like if he lands a down 3 into back 3,1 etc.

Add all this to Baraka's excellent pokes, staggers, projectile game, jump kick, anti-airs and you have a really well rounded, potent character. This variation addresses a great many of Baraka's struggles while also giving him safety and high chip.

Baraka has many uses for meter, but he doesn't feel meter reliant to do damage or keep the opponent pressed.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Here is a recent tier list by Hayatei.

The size of the image is too big so I cannot copy and paste the image.

I still think Highborn Kitana should at least be in "high tier".

Hayatei must be on the same crack that SonicFox is on if he even thinks Kotal is high tier; Johnny and Centrion are top tier. These pros are losing their minds.

Here is a recent tier list by Hayatei.

The size of the image is too big so I cannot copy and paste the image.

I still think Highborn Kitana should at least be in "high tier".