What's new

Discussion SonicFox Is A Kool Dude, BUT......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Immortal

Blind justice....
Here's the trend with Sonic. Plays broke character at the start of a game. Character gets nerfed to honesty, he tries a coupla other honest characters (sektor, etc) and realizes he's just on the same level as the rest of the guys on the pro scene. Can't win any majors. He leaves. Same thing in injustice 2, thought he won a couple mixing it up with brokeass deadshot and a tinge of cold at the beggining. Nerfs are in, character balance sets in and he can't win any more majors. Dude leaves. If you're a tourny player with your eye on maximising the paycheck, that's perfectly fine. He plays a decent game with Jax, Tanya, Sektor, etc, but, he's just on the same level as many of the other pro players, if you look at it objectively. On the other hand, sonicum drinkers singing songs of unmatched glory about him is so laughable.

SC6, within 1 week of game's release he wins a tournament (i repeat 1 WEEK), and all the sonicum drinkers are already singing songs of sonicjoy. The dude had a copy of the game in advance for months so he can practice early too! whoop di doo. SC6, so far doesn't show any signs of blatant character brokeness and the game has a lotta depth. So, we'll see who reigns there soon enough. Too early to tell.

If he's really that good, he'd be winning majors in SFV and Tekken 7 defeating guys like Infiltration, Tokido, Daigo, Majin, Qudans, JDCR, etc. You can't quite weasel your way out with the big dudes in SF and Tekken 7. The skill level's just quite a bit higher than what i see in NRS games. He knows he'll never make it in these scenes, so he just doesn't play those games apparently! So, calm your fat man tits sonicumdrinkers, he's just one of the many, except, he has a knack to scope out some extra brokeness early in a game and make some additional cash, which is just fine when cash's on the line.
At this point you're nothing more then a MEME. It's great that you didn't get banned or this thread didn't get closed, coz everybody likes a good laugh... So carry on.

x TeeJay o

Canary Cry Gapless Pressure
Trolling? Name a major sonic won after erron black was made honest, you sonicum drinking monkeys
Alright. I can’t believe you’re literally making me come out of my shell AGAIN but you seriously gotta stop. Before I Infract you, you cannot be serious about this. Sonic still won 95% of the mkx events AFTER Errons nerfs man. He won evo with a nerfed erron so what are you even talking about? He also won ESL 3x. I’m almost certain Erron was nerfed in the last 2 and even if he wasn’t, sonic won literally almost everything even after his nerf. It was so bad that the site literally went into flames because no threads were being made about who won which tournament because you already knew who tf won. Shit it got so bad that me and my friend here @TheGangstaFace actually stopped watching mkx tournaments at all because we got tired of seeing sonic win. Either way if you’re trolling it’s a terrible job and you really are starting to annoy the shit out of me. Stop.

Last edited:

Matix218

Get over here!
Trolling? Name a major sonic won after erron black was made honest, you sonicum drinking monkeys
I dont even care about fox or ninja personally, but all I did was bring up the list of major tournaments on srk and I immediately found that he won Winterbrawl 2017 (beating scar and dragon) using Triborg. That tournament had good competition (scar, dragon, silverrye, etc), was later into the game's life (2017), and he won using a character other than Erron Black (Triborg). So just that result alone destroys your argument.

Cashual

PSN: Cansuela
As i said before, Sonic is a kool dude. Ninjak is a Kool dude. It's just a tad bit funny to see the epic dude get mopped on the kitchen floor like this though. Excuses excuses though, Sonic wasn't rusty at all, barely any drops from what i saw. I mean this is a long set, long enough for a skilled dude like Sonic to adapt. Sonic has great fundamentals, but Ninjak has insane fundamentals (picture perfect spacing, insane reads, etc,). Superior fundamentals mopped the less superior fundamentals. Both had never played each other and knew nothing about each other's game before, so its fair game.

Sonic's dickriders, however, are very unkool. If you REALLY FUCKING DIDN'T CARE btw, YOU WOULDN'T BE POSTING ON THIS THREAD THOUGH. LOL, LUL, LOL, LULLUL, LOLOLO, JaJa HoHo
Ninja definitely looked like the better player, no doubt.

I disagree with your point about each knowing nothing about each other’s games though. Sonic fox is the most recorded and watched NRS player ever. Everyone has seen hours of his gameplay both competitively and on casual KOTHs.

And as much as you want to claim sonic wasn’t rusty due to the lack of drops, pure execution isn’t the only place people get rusty. Frame data knowledge, options, meta, move properties like range etc. all play a part.

I wish we could magically see the two of them ply competitively at their peak, but we can’t.

Props to Ninja though because regardless of whether sonic has been playing mkx or not, a victory that decisive and dominant says a lot about ninja and his skill. Even if sonic barely if at all plays mkx, he played it daily for probably 2 years at the highest possible level, so it’s not like anyone can really act like sonic just had no clue what he was doing.

I really hope to see these guys play again in the future, hopefully in mk11 on stage!

SaSSolino

Soul Stealing Loyalist
Back when erron was broke other characters were equally busted. Kang is in his own league of stupidity final patch.
Why do you think he's so above the rest? Honest question, I thought that top spot was Jason's free.

Wigy

There it is...
Why do you think he's so above the rest? Honest question, I thought that top spot was Jason's free.
B12 is one of the dumbest strings in the game
His armours dumb
Dragon kick is one of the dumbest moves in the game free
His stagger pressure is ridiculous
His zoning is some of the best in the game
His damage output is well above average.

Remember when Liu Kang was vanilla aliens only bad matchup.

There's other characters that are probably just as good but erron was never as good as Kang is relative to the cast now.

He has basically no weakness and a bunch of glaring strengths

Last edited:

Wigy

There it is...
For anyone doubting the zoning with Kang. Just watch ninja play. Some of the best players about, some of which are practiced are just letting him do empty runs in into a mega delayed b2.

That's the respect Kang demands in the neutral/zoning

Blewdew

PSN: MaxKayX3
There's other characters that are probably just as good but erron was never as good as Kang is relative to the cast now.
Not in the current meta. There are other characters that are extremely strong like hqt predator, crystalline tremor, possessed kenshi etc. but imo dragon fire is in his own Tier at the moment. No one else dominates the whole cast from anywhere on the screen like him. And on top of that ex db2 is the biggest why not move ever.

Wigy

There it is...
Not in the current meta. There are other characters that are extremely strong like hqt predator, crystalline tremor, possessed kenshi etc. but imo dragon fire is in his own Tier at the moment. No one else dominates the whole cast from anywhere on the screen like him. And on top of that ex db2 is the biggest why not move ever.
The saltiest bit is there is no proper answer to lius wakeups at all and he can total ignore 90% of the casts wakeups

I mean props where due. He's hard af to play.

Cage had some harder cancels but where ninja's Liu stands out is reactionary iafbs into conversions. That stuffs harder than anything cage had

Blewdew

The saltiest bit is there is no proper answer to lius wakeups at all and he can total ignore 90% of the casts wakeups
I just play ruthless ferratorr and punish that ass with a 60% combo for trying waking up with df2 lol
But yeah it‘s actually dumb how good this move is, the hitbox is ridiculous, has 2 hits of armor, only -2 on block and on whiff the recovery looks way higher than it actually is.

Wigy

There it is...
I just play ruthless ferratorr and punish that ass with a 60% combo for trying waking up with df2 lol
But yeah it‘s actually dumb how good this move is, the hitbox is ridiculous, has 2 hits of armor, only -2 on block and on whiff the recovery looks way higher than it actually is.
Yeah if you're a rushdown/pressure heavy character. You've just managed to get round the zoning and not get caught in his pressure. The second he gets knocked down, the pressures on you to make the read cause his wakeups are so good.

I haven't played this game in ages. Just always played against a few good lius. Who knows who his bad mus are? Would be curious for ninja to talk about it.

He has very solid options all over..

Keen to hear any more replies on this

Last edited:

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
Back when erron was broke other characters were equally busted. Kang is in his own league of stupidity final patch.
Df kang was alot worse before the stamina nerf. This is the fairest he has been lol. Remember when you jail with dash cancels

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
Df kang was alot worse before the stamina nerf. This is the fairest he has been lol. Remember when you jail with dash cancels

To say how "fair" or not a character is one has to take into account the meta and the rest of the roster state. @Wigy is right: in this meta, with no armor launchers and with the nerfs to the other characters, Liu is in a better position than he was. Actually, he is arguably the #1 character in the game after last patch. He has little to no weaknesses (besides execution barrier but you can't call that a weakness). Ticks way too many boxes and has stuff that I'm positive it would have been patched out if the game's support had continued. The potential of some characters, for one or another reason, takes more time to explore, and this is another example why nrs should not let their games rot support-wise after little more than one year.

Last edited:

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
To say how "fair" or not a character is one has to take into account the meta and the rest of the roster state. @Wigy is right: in this meta, with no armor launchers and with the nerfs to the other characters, Liu is in a better position than he was. Actually, he is arguably the #1 character in the game after last patch. He has little to no weaknesses (besides execution barrier but you can't call that a weakness). Ticks way too many boxes and has stuff that I'm positive it would have been patched out if the game's support had continued. The potential of some characters, for one or another reason, takes more time to explore, and this is another example why nrs should not let their games rot support-wise after little more than one year.
Im saying he was never fair. Imo always top tier. I believe execution is not a factor in a teir list. Remember the 213 fbdc you could loop and end with ex fly kick. Then they changed to a fbrc which made no difference. Even in the previous meta before the nerf he was still godlike. Xarakamaka showed us this

Blewdew

Im saying he was never fair. Imo always top tier. I believe execution is not a factor in a teir list. Remember the 213 fbdc you could loop and end with ex fly kick. Then they changed to a fbrc which made no difference. Even in the previous meta before the nerf he was still godlike. Xarakamaka showed us this

That‘s true. The problem now is that everyone got nerfed but only having one cancel rep doesn‘t hurt df a bit. He pretty much stayed where he was while everyone else got moved down. Cancel pressure characters always had the fear to eat like 40% from an armored launcher if their cancels aren‘t crisp enough, now it‘s like 14% if you even get lucky enough to get armor out against lui.

Objectivly he is more „fair“ than before but in the current meta he‘s with no doubt top 1 which he hasn‘t been before as far as I know

Status
Not open for further replies.