What's new

Sonic Fox Playing SFV?

I think that in time Sonicfox can do well if he decides to stick with the game, just gotta get all the competition he can to get better.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
You must like sonic dick? Gtf off my line I'm done talking to you TYM Warriors. I can go on any capcom site and not see a post where they dick ride one person like got damn do y'all get tired of dick riding one person?
You post judgments, call them facts, and get angry and throw around insults when anyone calls you on it.

Your BS will be short-lived no matter where you go.

GAV

I am because damn you talk down about sonic and the whole world turn to hell and you don't know anything. Even it's the other way around
I would love to see what some great SF players could do in MK, but I'm not misguided enough to think the transition would be easy. SF elitists believe that SF is the harder game, but that isn't the case. The harder game is the one you didn't learn on.

FROST_

KH | DsV BLOODxGOD
I would love to see what some great SF players could do in MK, but I'm not misguided enough to think the transition would be easy. SF elitists believe that SF is the harder game, but that isn't the case. The harder game is the one you didn't learn on.
I learned both at the same time both weren't easy. But I would say SF was harder because of the linking normals instead of the linking combos. I just want to know though what bs was I called on? The fact that I didn't ride sonic? The fact that it was a low tier tournament? The fact that fang is the most understudied character? The fact that he wasn't going to win this tournament? Hmm

Zabru

My blade is broken damn right better than yours!
I would play Street fighter but just don't find it worth paying for a stick for a single game

craftycheese

I tried to throw a yo-yo away. It was impossible.
Name one tournament you've been to.
I feel like what your doing is a little unnecessary, just because he may or may not go to tournaments does not diminsh his point. It's smart for Capcom to go after the casuals, that's where money is at. They won't make more money off the game if they cater to the hardcore. They have the hardcore, the hardcore are going to buy the game regardless. To make new money and more money they have to being in the people that aren't into fighting games or think sf is too hard.

Linkuei82

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
I would play Street fighter but just don't find it worth paying for a stick for a single game
You could use pad I do. I feel more comfortable with pad. I don't think it's really that hard to play SF with. Hell i've played SF on Sega with just pad. I'm use to it.

GAV

I learned both at the same time both weren't easy. But I would say SF was harder because of the linking normals instead of the linking combos. I just want to know though what bs was I called on? The fact that I didn't ride sonic? The fact that it was a low tier tournament? The fact that fang is the most understudied character? The fact that he wasn't going to win this tournament? Hmm
None of that. Its your obvious bias. Someone said that Sonic would be the best FGC player if he won. Then, you came in guns blazing.
1) I was right that sonic wouldn't win -check
2) this thread shows mkx players only have one savior - check
3) the international players didn't even have to show sonic what sup - check
4) I made people salty - check
5) capcom is still superior to nrs - check
So, Capcom is superior to NRS?

In terms of difficulty, I don't see any high profile SF pros winning tournaments without completely crossing over.

The thought that Sonic Fox might be able to had you salty. Salt tends to bring insults - and the only insults in this thread were put out there by you.

Now, I don't prescribe to the notion that one game is superior, harder, or more pure than the other - but its very clear that you are very hopeful that one is.

FROST_

KH | DsV BLOODxGOD
None of that. Its your obvious bias. Someone said that Sonic would be the best FGC player if he won. Then, you came in guns blazing.

So, Capcom is superior to NRS?

In terms of difficulty, I don't see any high profile SF pros winning tournaments without completely crossing over.

The thought that Sonic Fox might be able to had you salty. Salt tends to bring insults - and the only insults in this thread were put out there by you.

Now, I don't prescribe to the notion that one game is superior, harder, or more pure than the other - but its very clear that you are very hopeful that one is.
I know he won't be did you see all that mk tech he put out in his matches? A lot of jumping, waste meter to be safe. Most SF players don't play mkx because the game is ass to them. Except J. Wong but he dropped this game. Plus compared to other fighters I.e. KI, SF, Tekken, DOA mk has worst community of them all. All you do is throw hate. I personally don't care for sonic because I can see through the bullshit. All the stuff y'all say "scrubs do online" is exactly what he did in his match with FChamp n 3k. So? And yes sf5 is hard than mk.. Mk you have basic get out of pressure cards... Armor, block breakers. Offensive is so dumb. Safe 50/50s delayed rekka, in SF it's a straight forward game of either you know your normals frames and you know the game basics or you mash out cr.lk or dp because your new or can't play the game. Mk is for people who are new to fighters with lack of knowledge and skill and learn no fundamentals. It's literally you the only one who doesn't see this. I personally never heard of you online or offline either so your relevance to me just dropped.

StormGoddess

Your mind tricks won't harm me!!!
this thread has really turned - LOL
I don't understand the animosity...
----
As a fan of both SFV and MKX,
I am actually rooting for Sonic and hopes that he sticks with the game. The same way i rooted for Justin Wong when he played MKX.
A enjoy seeing a person like Chris G or Coach Steve -who goes from Marvel to Street Fighter and Then MKX.
To me coming from UMVC3 and seeing a RAYRAY and SonicFox playing SFV is exciting, because their paths would never cross otherwise.
If Sonic sticks to SFV and can get really good, you wouldn't be excited to see him vs an Infiltration or REO(if he plays SFV) vs Snake eyes ? To me that would be hype.

Reactions: GAV

GAV

I know he won't be did you see all that mk tech he put out in his matches? A lot of jumping, waste meter to be safe. Most SF players don't play mkx because the game is ass to them. Except J. Wong but he dropped this game. Plus compared to other fighters I.e. KI, SF, Tekken, DOA mk has worst community of them all. All you do is throw hate. I personally don't care for sonic because I can see through the bullshit. All the stuff y'all say "scrubs do online" is exactly what he did in his match with FChamp n 3k. So? And yes sf5 is hard than mk.. Mk you have basic get out of pressure cards... Armor, block breakers. Offensive is so dumb. Safe 50/50s delayed rekka, in SF it's a straight forward game of either you know your normals frames and you know the game basics or you mash out cr.lk or dp because your new or can't play the game. Mk is for people who are new to fighters with lack of knowledge and skill and learn no fundamentals. It's literally you the only one who doesn't see this. I personally never heard of you online or offline either so your relevance to me just dropped.
I learned on SF. I was so addicted. I played so much. I even played with The Cali Kid when SF3 came out. I've played JWong. I've played Arturo Sanchez. My favorite version of the game was HDR and I played that for a good four years. Super NYC's Honda still gives me nightmares. I played SFIV, but wasn't a big fan of it - but I still crept into the top 100 for the few months that I played it. In SFV, I went from 1400 to 5500 points in ranked in just a few hours with Cammy - and I do love SFV. Still, to me MKX is the better - and certainly more complete, game...

All that stuff that everyone calls dirt is stuff that must be dealt with. MKX stretches your defenses way further than SFV does. SFV is based upon beating to the punch versus baiting to punish. Overheads and cross-ups only serve as difficulties for beginners and they separate the low from the mid from the top as players progress from using them, to defending them, to making them completely safe by safe-jump timing wake-ups. From there, it becomes a battle of wills and hitboxes. Even at the top levels, players eventually break from emotional fatigue - and that's when the opportunities come.

In MKX, there is no defending everything - so it isn't a battle of emotional attrition at the game's top levels. No, once the meta is fully known - it comes down to character choice, patience, defense, and matchup knowledge that eventually leads to reads - which is what ultimately determines victory. The meter to make things safe and the armor to power through are a big part of MKX; Meter management is much less important in SFV.

Now, as he plays SFV - Sonic Fox is probably looking for ways to make the most of reads - and that way of thinking in SFV is a weakness because its draining and he should be focusing on what is important - hitboxes, hurtboxes, frame data, priority, and not losing focus.

I'm not disappointed that he didn't win. I'm impressed that he did as well as he did. Its obvious that the very idea of his success has you shaken.

So, who from the SF community would you like to see cross over into MKX? JWong had a tremendous run. Who else do you think could?

...or do you think the money is beneath them?

Last edited:

GAV

this thread has really turned - LOL
I don't understand the animosity...
----
As a fan of both SFV and MKX,
I am actually rooting for Sonic and hopes that he sticks with the game. The same way i rooted for Justin Wong when he played MKX.
A enjoy seeing a person like Chris G or Coach Steve -who goes from Marvel to Street Fighter and Then MKX.
To me coming from UMVC3 and seeing a RAYRAY and SonicFox playing SFV is exciting, because their paths would never cross otherwise.
If Sonic sticks to SFV and can get really good, you wouldn't be excited to see him vs an Infiltration or REO(if he plays SFV) vs Snake eyes ? To me that would be hype.
Marvel is a completely broken game and that is exactly what makes it amazing.

I agree. Crossing over is very difficult, but it can be done. It would just take them not doing it alone. If a crossover player became sponsored, their teammates could help bridge the gap.

FROST_

KH | DsV BLOODxGOD
I learned on SF. I was so addicted. I played so much. I even played with The Cali Kid when SF3 came out. I've played JWong. I've played Arturo Sanchez. My favorite version of the game was HDR and I played that for a good four years. Super NYC's Honda still gives me nightmares. I played SFIV, but wasn't a big fan of it - but I still crept into the top 100 for the few months that I played it. In SFV, I went from 1400 to 5500 points in ranked in just a few hours with Cammy - and I do love SFV. Still, to me MKX is the better - and certainly more complete, game...

All that stuff that everyone calls dirt is stuff that must be dealt with. MKX stretches your defenses way further than SFV does. SFV is based upon beating to the punch versus baiting to punish. Overheads and cross-ups only serve as difficulties for beginners and they separate the low from the mid from the top as players progress from using them, to defending them, to making them completely safe by safe-jump timing wake-ups. From there, it becomes a battle of wills and hitboxes. Even at the top levels, players eventually break from emotional fatigue - and that's when the opportunities come.

In MKX, there is no defending everything - so it isn't a battle of emotional attrition at the game's top levels. No, once the meta is fully known - it comes down to character choice, patience, defense, and matchup knowledge that eventually leads to reads - which is what ultimately determines victory. The meter to make things safe and the armor to power through are a big part of MKX; Meter management is much less important in SFV.

Now, as he plays SFV - Sonic Fox is probably looking for ways to make the most of reads - and that way of thinking in SFV is a weakness because its draining and he should be focusing on what is important - hitboxes, hurtboxes, frame data, priority, and not losing focus.

I'm not disappointed that he didn't win. I'm impressed that he did as well as he did. Its obvious that the very idea of his success has you shaken.

So, who from the SF community would you like to see cross over into MKX? JWong had a tremendous run. Who else do you think could?

I honestly would like to see Momochi gamerbee Daigo k Brad or one them cross over nice credibility but I honestly don't care for sonic but he did ok but I'm just not the type guy to d ride

GAV

I honestly would like to see Momochi gamerbee Daigo k Brad or one them cross over nice credibility but I honestly don't care for sonic but he did ok but I'm just not the type guy to d ride
No one was d riding though. Most of the guys here learned to play fighters on MK, so they would like to see one of their own do well in SF. That's just natural.

The only slight to SF came from one guy by suggesting Sonic Fox would be the best FGC player if he won this tournament. I understand your allegiance and your youth getting the best of you here, but it would be good for you to recognize it too.

I was pulling off anything I could envision in SFV and now I'm struggling with the most basic of Smoke combos. Even after the execution barriers are overcome, I still have my own thought process to contend with. Cross-overs will be good for both communities because the more people that understand that the struggle is real - the better. If you look down your nose to the other side, then you're only seeing it from one side. Once you've felt the struggle to cross over, you can appreciate it from both sides.

I would love to see any of those guys try. I know it would be really difficult, but it would be great to watch too. Once there is a bridge for discussion between the two sides, the difficulties would still be great - but they would be much less than they are now.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room

This. The way to play SFIV was by always taking the road with fewer mistakes, not by forcing your opponents to make them, primarily.

A great example is comparing jyobin, wao and daigos playstyles. They're extremely similar but they, in the respective order, play the game more for what it is.

Reactions: GAV

GAV

This. The way to play SFIV was by always taking the road with fewer mistakes, not by forcing your opponents to make them, primarily.

A great example is comparing jyobin, wao and daigos playstyles. They're extremely similar but they, in the respective order, play the game more for what it is.
The games are so fundamentally different in their approach. Going from one to the other, everyone focuses on execution - and that's important, but it pales in comparison to the importance of how you should approach each game and how you should decide what to do next.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Name one tournament you've been to.
Gamestop launch tournaments, Gamechamp tourneys, (they're like a independent here and there owned place around the country that hosts tourneys), various backyard tourneys. Brooklyn arcade bar tourneys that have MK and SF from time to time. I'd love to go to more but I'm not rich and don't have the time to travel around the country. Also, TYM Xbox hosted tourneys like ZigZag's mid tier tourney in MK 9.

How about you?

But I'm not sure what your question has to do with my post. Besides, Everyone here is entitled to an opinion, you don't have to be to a million tourneys to analyze something if that's where you're going. It's obvious. I also want to say you don't need to be a worldwide famous tourney player to be considered hardcore....

Last edited:

I was kinda with you till you somehow implied reads were less useful in sfv. The umeshoryu is a threat.

Agree with the rest though.