What's new

Sonic Fox Playing SFV?

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
He has down up charges too, cross ups won't stop his down AA cancels into specials. Besides tele doesn't always cross up, you have to mix in front teles too unless you wanna be predictable.
The full combo punish your talking about does 68 damage and is the most unreliable and inconsistent way of F.A.N.G responding to an instant air teleport because I was still managing to get counter-hit in training mode. I'd never even attempted to hit Dhalsim when he's up-forwards with a vertical anti-air and now I know why

Last edited:
The full combo punish your talking about does 68 damage and is the most unreliable and inconsistent way of F.A.N.G responding to an instant air teleport because I was still managing to get counter-hit in training mode
stand jab iseasier if he goes behind that's for sure, but you can get more than 68 dmg off of his aa in front. Either way I do agree sim is a better character than fang, but the bullshit tym "no options" mentality is ridiculous.

Last edited:
Anyone know a link to the current brackets? I can only find played brackets at BIG-E.... I am curious to see Sonic's path. I'm really hopping he dose well.. but not sure who is is going up against.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
stand jab is better if he goes begins that's for sure, but you can get more than 68 dmg off of his aa in front. Either way I do agree sim is a better character than fang, but the bullshit tym "no options" mentality is ridiculous.
He has no options. Dhalsim vs F.A.N.G is worse than Dhalsim vs Zangief. At least when Zangief touches him he actually does damage

IMO, Dhalsim is the character to beat. Chun-LI is also very strong and I'm more impressed with Birdie after the pools... but Dhalsim has some ubr crazy dirt all over the place. Sonic did play a 1st to ten with Sabin who mains Dhalsim and he lost 10-7. So, 7 wins against a pretty decent Dhalsim as well as a og in the street fighter community is a good sign, even if online. Even so, I think it will be very tough in a x/3 match as there is so little time to adjust to the other player.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
@FL Rushdown, don't pay any attention to @@MylesWright_. He's just a troll who's been preaching that F.A.N.G sucks without reason. I doubt he can actually use the character in the first place. He'll take any chance to claim F.A.N.G is the worst character in the game

@FL Rushdown, don't pay any attention to @@MylesWright_. He's just a troll who's been preaching that F.A.N.G sucks without reason. I doubt he can actually use the character in the first place. He'll take any chance to claim F.A.N.G is the worst character in the game
I thought he was bad too, then I saw floe lab him up on stream. Imo he's the most complex character in sfv he has a lot of unusual mixups/setups and I'd bet money he has the most undiscovered tech out of any character.

IMO, Dhalsim is the character to beat. Chun-LI is also very strong and I'm more impressed with Birdie after the pools... but Dhalsim has some ubr crazy dirt all over the place. Sonic did play a 1st to ten with Sabin who mains Dhalsim and he lost 10-7. So, 7 wins against a pretty decent Dhalsim as well as a og in the street fighter community is a good sign, even if online. Even so, I think it will be very tough in a x/3 match as there is so little time to adjust to the other player.
yeah I'd put sim top 3 right now, but that could change over time as people lab the matchup.

ohh fang has undiscovered dirt no doubt... but really the entire cast dose. I mean it is 2 weeks old. Anyone saying a character is butt or anything is just a fool at this stage. Tier Lists are real, but 2 weeks in? narr man... the fact is no one knows and anyone that says they do has an opinion that is worth nothing.

ohh fang has undiscovered dirt no doubt... but really the entire cast dose. I mean it is 2 weeks old. Anyone saying a character is butt or anything is just a fool at this stage. Tier Lists are real, but 2 weeks in? narr man... the fact is no one knows and anyone that says they do has an opinion that is worth nothing.
yeah the whole cast definitely has some undiscovered stuff but fang has a lot of really unique moves that I could see being crazy. The combos off his projectiles and his slide mixups alone are probably gonna lead to some crazy stuff.

And I'd agree that any kind of tier list this early is gonna be wrong in 3 months.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
O RLY?
...because FANG's V-skill isn't a gamechanger or anything...
Don't pre-judge. Just watch...

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
When FChamp beats SonicFox I expect an apology

O RLY?

...because FANG's V-skill isn't a gamechanger or anything...

Don't pre-judge. Just watch...
1 minute in and I've already seen 2 poison fists go unpunished by this Dhalsim when they're -11

Justin Wong beating people doesn't prove anything and the first match is a Laura player that thinks the v-skill is a projectile so they're jumping over it even when in his face. What is next? footage of SonicFox pressuring a Chun Li for 10-15 seconds when she has a 3f jab that can poke out of all of it at any time

now I know you're trolling. You think fang can't do dmg? If he gets a jump in he can combo into stun with only one reset and take 60% plus.
You would already be dead if this situation was done by any other character and it's not a legit set-up.

Last edited:

G4S Claude VonStroke

@MK_ClaudeVS on twitter
Why? I think most of us just want to see Fox succeed. Did you not see the chat yesterday when Fox was playing? It was pure hate from the Capcom side. It's entertaining. Enjoy it or get out of the kitchen.
It's unreal because people are making statements about sonic fox and they have no idea what they are talking about.

Also people claiming fang has no options a week into the game.

This is sonic first SF tournament and he's already in top 16 winners. The capcom Elite are what's unreal to me