What's new

Something strange i noticed with Freddy

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
Ok so i was messing with Freddy in the lab and noticed something really strange. When in the corner do a jp f214 and cancel it with EX sweet dreams. Immidiately pause the game and put opponents block option at always. What i noticed was that the opponent got hit by the EX sweet dreams. Same thing happens with his f421 string also. You can also do this with B33 to HS and immidiately do an EX sweet dreams. A reset perhaps ? I dunno. Oh btw this can be avoided if the opponent tech rolls or if he wake up attacks, so my question is does Freddy have any untechable normals which can be canceled to specials ?

P.S : If this is already known then feel free to delete this thread.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Ok so i was messing with Freddy in the lab and noticed something really strange. When in the corner do a jp f214 and cancel it with EX sweet dreams. Immidiately pause the game and put opponents block option at always. What i noticed was that the opponent got hit by the EX sweet dreams. Same thing happens with his f421 string also. You can also do this with B33 to HS and immidiately do an EX sweet dreams. A reset perhaps ? I dunno. Oh btw this can be avoided if the opponent tech rolls or if he wake up attacks, so my question is does Freddy have any untechable normals which can be canceled to specials ?

P.S : If this is already known then feel free to delete this thread.
As far as I know, the only legitimate sweet dreams set up is NMS 2 into sweet dreams, but even this can be tech-rolled.

Something like f+2,1,4 xx EX sweet dreams does not combo (except maybe vs Sheeva) and can actually be punished on block by fast advancing special moves, including of course armor moves.

Vs characters with great armor moves or escape options (i.e., Kenshi, Raiden, Rain, Sonya) I believe it is best to stick to zoning and footsies and avoid trying anything too risky.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
As far as I know, the only legitimate sweet dreams set up is NMS 2 into sweet dreams, but even this can be tech-rolled.

Something like f+2,1,4 xx EX sweet dreams does not combo (except maybe vs Sheeva) and can actually be punished on block by fast advancing special moves, including of course armor moves.

Vs characters with great armor moves or escape options (i.e., Kenshi, Raiden, Rain, Sonya) I believe it is best to stick to zoning and footsies and avoid trying anything too risky.
So Freddy doesnt have any untechable normals or specials then ?

EDIT: I thought it could be a good reset if he had untechable moves, you know to bait wake-ups and stuff. I ll try it out against a real opponent and let you know though.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
I'm afraid he doesn't.

I think Freddy players (including me) are trying too hard to find new offensive options for Freddy when he may not have any. We should concentrate on improving our zoning and footsies, especially.

Metzos

You will BOW to me!
I'm afraid he doesn't.

I think Freddy players (including me) are trying too hard to find new offensive options for Freddy when he may not have any. We should concentrate on improving our zoning and footsies, especially.
I still believe he is unexplored imo. Plus for a zoner he sure has really good mixups up close too.

AK Vip3r

Ghost of Vip3r

EDIT: I thought it could be a good reset if he had untechable moves, you know to bait wake-ups and stuff. I ll try it out against a real opponent and let you know though.
I'm a firm believer in doing what works and abusing it. If my opponent falls for or blocks the whole f.2,1,4 string > ex or reg dream drop, then by all means continue to do it. However, facing an armor move character like dave said, try it once to see how they respond. If it doesnt work, find other means of pressuring the opponent.