What's new

Breakthrough Something I noticed fighting Kung Lao

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
I had a clone out and Lao hit me with his teleport throw move which put him in the path of the clone. He got hit by it and was frozen. It looked like he was up in the air still so I tried to do b12 to hit him with an air freeze combo but it hit him on the ground.

So if this happens to anyone else, he is grounded so do the appropriate combo. Wish I had it recorded to show you.

If there is a matchup thread created for Sub, you can throw this info in there and this thread can be deleted.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I had a clone out and Lao hit me with his teleport throw move which put him in the path of the clone. He got hit by it and was frozen. It looked like he was up in the air still so I tried to do b12 to hit him with an air freeze combo but it hit him on the ground.

So if this happens to anyone else, he is grounded so do the appropriate combo. Wish I had it recorded to show you.

If there is a matchup thread created for Sub, you can throw this info in there and this thread can be deleted.
Nice man, hey dude we have to play sometime :) I've yet to see anyone use Subby really well or like they know what they're doing. Maybe it's just because he's more defensive I don't know...but nice find.

Zedox

Noob
Actually, since I'm a subby player, he's only defensive to start being offensive. Once you get a person frozen, get them in the basic 214 slide combo, push them to corner. Once in corner, try to corner them with clones. If they have teleport, be ready to block or counter attack. His slide is his deadly weapon. If you can start Sub with being offensive, no need for clones (until corner). Mixups with medium (overheads) hits after characters fall is big. I'm still not "thinking" to do the -> BK to mix up but it will definitely help since you can freeze into it, then do 212 slide or xr. Subby is the "chess" player of the game in my opinion. He can defeat everyone but you have to know the right strategy.

Zedox/MKF30- I relatively new to competative MK. I havent really played MK since arcade MK1 lol. Regardless, my wife got me a tourny edition and now im hooked. I main sub/raiden so feel free to add me on XBL. I'd love to get some practice in w/ subby.

Konqrr

MK11 Kabal = MK9 Kitana
His slide is his deadly weapon.
A slide without a clone to protect you from punishment means you just lost 50%. Slide is only for punishment of unsafe moves and to end combos with to push them to the corner.

I'm a subz main too. Feel free to add me on XBL and send a message. Always lookin for more ppl to play :D.

GT: NickDanger eR

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
What are some moves you should punish with a slide?
You can add in a slide after air to air hit with someone. It hits them before they hit the ground. Or even xray combos but takes large damage scaling so wouldn't recommended.